Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DBR Bracket Challenge - the Plagued Year

Ok, I went ahead and created a group on ESPN. I know we’ve used the Yahoo platform in past years but this one is more accessible and Yahoo is just running zombie servers at this point. Here is the link. The group name is DBR and the password is goduke. Hope to see some fellow DBR’ers!

Also if an admin would be kind enough to change this thread title to indicate that a bracket has been created, I would much appreciate. Cheers!

In, thanks.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Me too...thanks!

In, thank you.

joined. Thanks!

I'm in.

Bumping this thread to remind folks that you have until noon-ish tomorrow to submit a bracket. The different schedule is still messing me up, as I am so accustomed to games starting on Thursday. We already have 23 entries so keep them coming!

I turned in my 30 second bracket - no deep thinking, just quick clicking.

Not watching.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Not watching.
    To each his own. I still enjoy the sport even if Duke isn't in it, we already missed out last season and I don't want to go without a bracket two years in a row. The first four has already given us four really exciting games. But I understand the apathy.

DukeInKansas, filling out a bracket quickly and going with your gut is often the best approach. I have tinkered a bunch this week and may live to regret it!

Joined.

Thank you

But as Zion said: " If Duke's not in it, I'm not interested."

I just got my stimulus check in so I'm going to spice things up a bit. I'll offer to send the winner of this contest a PIE. That's right, if you win you can choose a pie from the online site we've used in the past, on me. It won't make up for Duke being out of it, but at least we'll have a reason to watch. Let the games begin!

Plagued year indeed. I filed out brackets, but somehow didn't attach them to the DBR group.

My brackets pretty much always stink since I don't deliberate over my choices. I am happy to report that in the two groups I'm in, I did have OSU and unc losing in this round. I consider this a successful bracket.

Heels and Buckeyes looked good.

I literally threw my brackets together at 10:30 this morning. I spent maybe 90 seconds. All gut picks. I have Zags, Alabama, Illinois, Baylor. The seeds felt about right to me. I'd be really surprised if two or three of them aren't there at the end.

peterjswift jumps out to an early lead. After your resounding victory in our degenerate gamblers pool, I'm starting to think I should never sit down at a poker table with you

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I literally threw my brackets together at 10:30 this morning. I spent maybe 90 seconds. All gut picks. I have Zags, Alabama, Illinois, Baylor. The seeds felt about right to me. I'd be really surprised if two or three of them aren't there at the end.
    I entered my free office pool and have the same final four as you. Probably a bad omen for you .

Also, this text from my brother made me chuckle...

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Also, this text from my brother made me chuckle...

*HAHAHAHA!!!*

(Goes to check his own bracket, weeps)

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I just got my stimulus check in so I'm going to spice things up a bit. I'll offer to send the winner of this contest a PIE. That's right, if you win you can choose a pie from the online site we've used in the past, on me. It won't make up for Duke being out of it, but at least we'll have a reason to watch. Let the games begin!
    You couldn’t make this offer for the acc degenerate betting contest?

Man - just salt in the wounds. I never thought winning would be such a let down! 😬