Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    Imagine what Love's season looks like if you take out the two games where he played like an All-American against us, going for 21.5 ppg, 7 apg., and shooting 15-28 from the field (54%) and 6-11 from 3 (55%).
    I mean, when your starting guards can't guard their own shadows, any one can have a monster night against Duke...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    Imagine what Love's season looks like if you take out the two games where he played like an All-American against us, going for 21.5 ppg, 7 apg., and shooting 15-28 from the field (54%) and 6-11 from 3 (55%).
    Down to 29.6 percent from the field and 23.9 from 3 if my math is correct. Atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Anthony Harris and RJ Davis provide a reasonable 1-2 punch at PG for Carolina. They've found their SG in Kerwin Walton. He was the only reliable shooter. Pairing him with another scoring guard would be a good idea. Leaky Black, I don't know if he'll ever become a consistent offensive threat. Having a pair of guards that can score from deep on the court at the same time next season could be a blessing in disguise. The defense would take a hit if Love were to leave, on the other hand. I don't think we can expect UNC to become a dumpster fire, unless Armando Bacot leaves. He was the most consistent big last season. They need to give him help with a player that can play off of him. There will be a lot of transfers available. I am not writing the tombstone for UNC's 2021-22 season.
    First time posting in a long time, but I could not resist. Thanks for getting me back on track.

Were you secretly summoning a dumpster fire? Apparently, Armando Bacot Sr. tweeted "CHANGE IS EVERYTHING" and then unfollowed unc on his IG account. Not sure what it means, but it can't be good for Tarheel Nation.
    Last edited by DUKIE V(A); 03-22-2021 at 01:44 PM. Reason: autocorrect on phone

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIE V(A) View Post
    First time posting in a long time, but I could not resist. Thanks for getting me back on track.

Were you secretly summoning a dumpster first? Apparently, Armando Bacot Sr. tweeted "CHANGE IS EVERYTHING" and then unfollowed unc on his IG account. Not sure what it means, but it can't be good for Tarheel Nation.
    Wow. If none of Bacot/Kessler/Sharpe return, things might really be that bad at UNC. Still, I expect Ol' Roy will be able to work his magic and keep one around.

Wow. If none of Bacot/Kessler/Sharpe return, things might really be that bad at UNC. Still, I expect Ol' Roy will be able to work his magic and keep one around.
    grinning.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I went ahead and did it myself. All these figures reflect what the player has earned as well as what he is currently guaranteed to earn. I went back and included guys who had left school from 2009 to the present.

Brooks - 0 so far and it seems somewhat unlikely he will ever make NBA money
    Bacot - 0 so far with an uncertain NBA future
    Sharpe - 0 so far but seems likely to be a late first or early 2nd round pick
    Manley - 0
    Bradley - $8.4 mil so far
    Hicks - 0
    Maye - 0
    Johnson - 0
    Meeks - 0
    James - 0
    McAdoo - $2.0 mil so far
    Zeller - $17.6 mil so far
    Henson - $45.2 mil
    Thompson - 0
    Davis - $43.8 mil
    Hansbrough - $16.5 mil

Total for UNC big men -----> $133.5 million

Now the Dukies...

Williams - 0 so far but seems likely to earn NBA money someday
    Hurt - 0 but has a decent chance to earn some NBA money
    Carey - $4.6 mil
    Zion - $30.7 mil (not at all unlikely to expect he will surpass $300 mil in career earnings someday)
    Bolden - $50,752
    DeLaurier - 0
    Vrank - 0
    Robinson - 0
    Bagley - $50.9 mil
    Carter - $22 mil
    Giles - $8.1 mil
    Jeter - 0
    Marshall Plumlee - $643,431
    Okafor - $21.5 mil
    Jefferson - $1.5 mil
    Parker - $54.8 mil
    Kelly - $4.5 mil
    Mason Plumlee - $71.7 mil
    Miles Plumlee - $55.2 mil
    Hairston - 0
    Singler - $20.1 mil
    Zoubek - 0
    Thomas - $23.9 mil

Total for Duke big men -----> $370.2 million

-Jason "the Carolina total ain't moving too much unless Sharpe turns into a stud or something... while the Duke number is about to skyrocket as Zion, Carter, and Bagley negotiate second contracts" Evans
    We obviously need some real competition. Care to run a similar analysis comparing Kentucky? I assume no other school would come close to those two.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIE V(A) View Post

Were you secretly summoning a dumpster fire? Apparently, Armando Bacot Sr. tweeted "CHANGE IS EVERYTHING" and then unfollowed unc on his IG account. Not sure what it means, but it can't be good for Tarheel Nation.
    Well, I'm sure Platek will be back for his umpteenth year.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

As Jim Sumner wisely said in the women's bball thread, the transfer portal goes in both directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    We obviously need some real competition. Care to run a similar analysis comparing Kentucky? I assume no other school would come close to those two.
    I would guess between Anthony Davis, Karl Towns, and Bam Adebayo alone, that would be a pretty decent chunk of the Duke bigs' earnings. Those guys are all still fairly young, and are going to be making a lot of cash going forward. Then there's guys like Julius Randle, Nerlens Noel, PJ Washington, Enes Kanter, and Willie Cauley Stein, as well as a few more lower level guys. I think UK has us beat pretty easily.

Bagley doesn't appear to be anything close to a max contract player, so Duke has only 1 max guy: Zion. UK has at least 3, probably 4 if you count Randle.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I would guess between Anthony Davis, Karl Towns, and Bam Adebayo alone, that would be a pretty decent chunk of the Duke bigs' earnings. Then there's guys like Julius Randle, Nerlens Noel, PJ Washington, Enes Kanter, and Willie Cauley Stein, as well as a few more lower level guys. I think UK has us beat.
    Yeah. When it comes to big men in the NBA, Kentucky reigns supreme. It's not particularly close.

Demarcus Cousins alone has made $91.9M thus far.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I would guess between Anthony Davis, Karl Towns, and Bam Adebayo alone, that would be a pretty decent chunk of the Duke bigs' earnings. Those guys are all still fairly young, and are going to be making a lot of cash going forward. Then there's guys like Julius Randle, Nerlens Noel, PJ Washington, Enes Kanter, and Willie Cauley Stein, as well as a few more lower level guys. I think UK has us beat.
    And Devin Booker, Jamal Murray, Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins... yea I'd say UK has us beat.

I would guess between Anthony Davis, Karl Towns, and Bam Adebayo alone, that would be a pretty decent chunk of the Duke bigs' earnings. Those guys are all still fairly young, and are going to be making a lot of cash going forward. Then there's guys like Julius Randle, Nerlens Noel, PJ Washington, Enes Kanter, and Willie Cauley Stein, as well as a few more lower level guys. I think UK has us beat. Bagley doesn't appear to be anything close to a max contract player, so Duke has only 1 max guy: Zion. UK has at least 3, probably 4 if you count Randle.
    DeMarcus Cousins's career earnings top $91 million.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

I hope we make a serious run at Kessler.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    I hope we make a serious run at Kessler.
    There's probably 0% interest from Duke at this point. Our front court is very crowded already, even if Matthew Hurt goes pro, which may or may not happen.

Irving excluded from this list for a reason?

There's probably 0% interest from Duke at this point. Our front court is very crowded already, even if Matthew Hurt goes pro, which may or may not happen.
    Maybe Kessler wants to be the first player ever to beat Duke and UNC at both schools.

I am sure you are correct but does that mean that Kessler is not better, potentially, than any of our current roster of big men with the exception of Williams? In the college game, I am not convinced that you can have too many solid post players and particularly those that might stay multiple seasons. Now, I know I am making a number of assumptions which is always dangerous.
    Last edited by TKG; 03-22-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeDukie View Post
    Irving excluded from this list for a reason?
    The discussion was just around players that were 4/5s in college and the NBA. If we include 4's, we could list Jayson Tatum since he is nominally playing that position.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Apparently, of all 5 star recruits in the 247 database (18 years), Love ranks last place in FG% for a freshman year (31.6%). Ouch.

To put that in perspective, Trevon Duval shot 42.8%. Tre Jones shot 41.4%.
    Except in games against Duke, in which he shot probably 75% or higher. I know at one point during the second game he was at 85% from three against us versus something like 27% on the season. Crazy.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Except in games against Duke, in which he shot probably 75% or higher. I know at one point during the second game he was at 85% from three against us versus something like 27% on the season. Crazy.
    Already discussed upthread.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.