Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
Results 841 to 853 of 853
  1. #841
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Why did he even need a waiver? Dude is a grad student so I thought it was always immediate.
    Rule is you get one immediate transfer per career, and he already had one when he transferred to Duke. Just a guess, I have no idea if that's actually the reason.

  2. #842
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Rule is you get one immediate transfer per career, and he already had one when he transferred to Duke. Just a guess, I have no idea if that's actually the reason.
    whatever the reason, the man is enjoying some academic tourism...

  3. #843

    Tyrece Radford transfers to Texas A&M

    Big ACC news today as Tyrece Radford announced he will transfer from Virginia Tech to Texas A&M. The guard was a starter for the Hokies and one of their major players. He is going to finish his college career with his former coach Buzz Williams.

    I think this knocks VT down a notch for the upcoming season. Radford was a great defender and playmaker. He changes the dynamic of their backcourt quite a bit. With Storm Murphy and Hunter Cattoor as the starting guards, the Hokie backcourt is going to be good at spacing the court but much less capable of attacking the rim in my view.

  4. #844
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.

    Yep, but

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Big ACC news today as Tyrece Radford announced he will transfer from Virginia Tech to Texas A&M. The guard was a starter for the Hokies and one of their major players. He is going to finish his college career with his former coach Buzz Williams.

    I think this knocks VT down a notch for the upcoming season. Radford was a great defender and playmaker. He changes the dynamic of their backcourt quite a bit. With Storm Murphy and Hunter Cattoor as the starting guards, the Hokie backcourt is going to be good at spacing the court but much less capable of attacking the rim in my view.
    Storm and Hunter will be a all-name backcourt, though.

  5. #845
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Storm and Hunter will be a all-name backcourt, though.
    If they can just find a guy named Chaser.

  6. #846
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.

    Or

    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    If they can just find a guy named Chaser.
    They could both transfer to Miami.

  7. #847
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    UNC wing Andrew Platek has entered the portal. Really late in the process... I'm guessing he did not like his playing time chances after some of the summer workouts. Still, losing a decent shooter who was quite experienced in the program isn't exactly a good thing for the Heels.

    https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/st...91946434486273
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  8. #848
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    UNC wing Andrew Platek has entered the portal. Really late in the process... I'm guessing he did not like his playing time chances after some of the summer workouts. Still, losing a decent shooter who was quite experienced in the program isn't exactly a good thing for the Heels.

    https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/st...91946434486273
    I could have sworn he announced a while back, or at least it was announced, he would not be returning to UNC.

  9. #849
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Wilson View Post
    I could have sworn he announced a while back, or at least it was announced, he would not be returning to UNC.
    Maybe you’re thinking of Walker Miller?

    The timing is indeed really bizarre. Had he left in June when most of the player movement happened it would have just been another guy looking for more playing time. This leaves UNC without any time to find a replacement off the waiver wire, I mean transfer portal. Oh well!

  10. #850
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Maybe you’re thinking of Walker Miller?

    The timing is indeed really bizarre. Had he left in June when most of the player movement happened it would have just been another guy looking for more playing time. This leaves UNC without any time to find a replacement off the waiver wire, I mean transfer portal. Oh well!
    The more I look at it, the more I think he was going to be nothing more than a back end rotation guy had he stayed at UNC. Platek was a wing and Carolina has a pretty good complement of wings ahead of him in the rotation in returnees Leaky Black, Kewin Walton, and RJ Davis as well as a couple well-regarded (top 60ish recruits) freshmen in Dontrez Styles and D'Marco Dunn. I suppose there is a scenario where the freshmen are not ready to contribute even in a small way, but if either of them are any good at all then Platek was going to be the 5th or 6th man in the wing rotation, at best. I doubt Carolina really feels much of a need to replace him.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  11. #851
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    UNC wing Andrew Platek has entered the portal. Really late in the process... I'm guessing he did not like his playing time chances after some of the summer workouts. Still, losing a decent shooter who was quite experienced in the program isn't exactly a good thing for the Heels.

    https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/st...91946434486273
    This is too bad. I always felt some comfort when he was on the court for the Heels.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

  12. #852
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    I had forgotten that he was already a senior this past season so he’s entering his extra Covid year. In that respect it’s not a huge loss for them since it wasn’t really expected that he would be around for a fifth year, just like losing Goldwire wasn’t a “loss” for us. Still, anything that affects them negatively is good news 8-)

  13. #853
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The 'burbs of Cary
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Maybe you’re thinking of Walker Miller?
    UC, maybe you're thinking of Walker Kessler? Sorry, (tried hard but) couldn't resist.

Similar Threads

  1. ACC Offseason moves
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-31-2018, 07:59 AM
  2. Transfers/Grad Transfers 2018/2019
    By Dukebasketball2020 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-22-2018, 11:49 PM
  3. WBB: Offseason News
    By dudog84 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2017, 10:34 PM
  4. Braves offseason
    By Olympic Fan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 02:57 PM
  5. Keys to the Offseason
    By DevilHorns in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 02:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •