Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I would love to have Kessler in a Duke uniform. I hope we are making efforts to reach out to him.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I would love to have Kessler in a Duke uniform. I hope we are making efforts to reach out to him.
    I hope not. Nothing against the kid: I just think transfers within the conference shouldn't happen. Too much potential for tampering, amongst other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
    Maybe he knows the other bigs are staying?
    My first thought. I hope they all leave.

It sounds like Caleb Love will be next to transfer. Lot of stuff swirling on Twitter, including some tweets from his dad. Would be surprised if it didn't happen today.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Don't forget Kris Lang!
    Who?

sillyklang.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    It sounds like Caleb Love will be next to transfer. Lot of stuff swirling on Twitter, including some tweets from his dad. Would be surprised if it didn't happen today.
    yeah, Dad is pretty much soiling the nest...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Total up the career NBA earnings of those recent Carolina guys and compare it to the Duke guys... Carolina may have a rep as a big man school, but if you are a kid who wants to make money playing basketball, the past decade or so says you would be much smarter to come to Duke.
    I went ahead and did it myself. All these figures reflect what the player has earned as well as what he is currently guaranteed to earn. I went back and included guys who had left school from 2009 to the present.

Brooks - 0 so far and it seems somewhat unlikely he will ever make NBA money
    Bacot - 0 so far with an uncertain NBA future
    Sharpe - 0 so far but seems likely to be a late first or early 2nd round pick
    Manley - 0
    Bradley - $8.4 mil so far
    Hicks - 0
    Maye - 0
    Johnson - 0
    Meeks - 0
    James - 0
    McAdoo - $2.0 mil so far
    Zeller - $17.6 mil so far
    Henson - $45.2 mil
    Thompson - 0
    Davis - $43.8 mil
    Hansbrough - $16.5 mil

Total for UNC big men -----> $133.5 million

Now the Dukies...

Williams - 0 so far but seems likely to earn NBA money someday
    Hurt - 0 but has a decent chance to earn some NBA money
    Carey - $4.6 mil
    Zion - $30.7 mil (not at all unlikely to expect he will surpass $300 mil in career earnings someday)
    Bolden - $50,752
    DeLaurier - 0
    Vrank - 0
    Robinson - 0
    Bagley - $50.9 mil
    Carter - $22 mil
    Giles - $8.1 mil
    Jeter - 0
    Marshall Plumlee - $643,431
    Okafor - $21.5 mil
    Jefferson - $1.5 mil
    Parker - $54.8 mil
    Kelly - $4.5 mil
    Mason Plumlee - $71.7 mil
    Miles Plumlee - $55.2 mil
    Hairston - 0
    Singler - $20.1 mil
    Zoubek - 0
    Thomas - $23.9 mil

Total for Duke big men -----> $370.2 million

-Jason "the Carolina total ain't moving too much unless Sharpe turns into a stud or something... while the Duke number is about to skyrocket as Zion, Carter, and Bagley negotiate second contracts" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Omg so many things happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yeah, Dad is pretty much soiling the nest...
    Link / tweets?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    That wouldnt make sense to me at all. He's the starting PG. Update: just saw a beat writer say he's a sure thing to leave one way or another. Carolina will be decimated.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Wilson View Post
    That wouldnt make sense to me at all. He's the starting PG. Update: just saw a beat writer say he's a sure thing to leave one way or another. Carolina will be decimated.
    Well Kessler was almost sure to be the starting C/PF next year, but...

I think he'd be a perfect fit at Duke.

Apparently, of all 5 star recruits in the 247 database (18 years), Love ranks last place in FG% for a freshman year (31.6%). Ouch.

To put that in perspective, Trevon Duval shot 42.8%. Tre Jones shot 41.4%.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I went ahead and did it myself. All these figures reflect what the player has earned as well as what he is currently guaranteed to earn. I went back and included guys who had left school from 2009 to the present.

Brooks - 0 so far and it seems somewhat unlikely he will ever make NBA money
    Bacot - 0 so far with an uncertain NBA future
    Sharpe - 0 so far but seems likely to be a late first or early 2nd round pick
    Manley - 0
    Bradley - $8.4 mil so far
    Hicks - 0
    Maye - 0
    Johnson - 0
    Meeks - 0
    James - 0
    McAdoo - $2.0 mil so far
    Zeller - $17.6 mil so far
    Henson - $45.2 mil
    Thompson - 0
    Davis - $43.8 mil
    Hansbrough - $16.5 mil

Total for UNC big men -----> $133.5 million

Now the Dukies...

Williams - 0 so far but seems likely to earn NBA money someday
    Hurt - 0 but has a decent chance to earn some NBA money
    Carey - $4.6 mil
    Zion - $30.7 mil (not at all unlikely to expect he will surpass $300 mil in career earnings someday)
    Bolden - $50,752
    DeLaurier - 0
    Vrank - 0
    Robinson - 0
    Bagley - $50.9 mil
    Carter - $22 mil
    Giles - $8.1 mil
    Jeter - 0
    Marshall Plumlee - $643,431
    Okafor - $21.5 mil
    Jefferson - $1.5 mil
    Parker - $54.8 mil
    Kelly - $4.5 mil
    Mason Plumlee - $71.7 mil
    Miles Plumlee - $55.2 mil
    Hairston - 0
    Singler - $20.1 mil
    Zoubek - 0
    Thomas - $23.9 mil

Total for Duke big men -----> $370.2 million

-Jason "the Carolina total ain't moving too much unless Sharpe turns into a stud or something... while the Duke number is about to skyrocket as Zion, Carter, and Bagley negotiate second contracts" Evans
    Thanks for doing all the homework - very impressive. Splitting hairs (since that is what we do here at DBR), but I think the Johnson mentioned under UNC is Brice Johnson. Looks like he made $2.6 million during his brief NBA career. So your point remains exactly the same.

Anthony Harris and RJ Davis provide a reasonable 1-2 punch at PG for Carolina. They've found their SG in Kerwin Walton. He was the only reliable shooter. Pairing him with another scoring guard would be a good idea. Leaky Black, I don't know if he'll ever become a consistent offensive threat. Having a pair of guards that can score from deep on the court at the same time next season could be a blessing in disguise. The defense would take a hit if Love were to leave, on the other hand. I don't think we can expect UNC to become a dumpster fire, unless Armando Bacot leaves. He was the most consistent big last season. They need to give him help with a player that can play off of him. There will be a lot of transfers available. I am not writing the tombstone for UNC's 2021-22 season.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Link / tweets?
    Caleb Love's father's Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/dmlove38

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    He does have family ties to Georgia, a school not exactly overflowing with hoops tradition. But he would be a focal--perhaps, the focal-point of a Bulldogs offense. Maybe sitting on the bench a year has changed his perceptions about staying at home and being the local hero.
    I have a family member who is a UGA grad who is pretty plugged in there (premium sites, etc). And the Kessler family is UGA royalty - father, brother, uncle all played and some were big stars.

When I first heard the end of last week that Kessler may be transferring, I asked him about it, and he said the UGA scuttlebutt was that he would be. Sorry, I didn’t want to post that here though, because I was afraid that was rumor mongering. But since it has proved to be true, here is the rest of what he said...

UGA was very disappointed when he chose UNC, so of course they would love to have him. His brother played and just graduated a couple of years ago. But they don’t think they will get him, and the talk among some UGA faithful is that he has become enamored with Gonzaga.

I’m sure Walker will have a lot of suitors. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what he decides.

Quote Originally Posted by beach rev View Post
    Caleb Love's father's Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/dmlove38
    "All places are not for all people. If it don’t fit, don’t force it. Quell your emotions. Life is good."

"If they aren’t doing anything to keep you, then why stay? Gave you a shot"

Thanks for the link, the above are the two tweets from Caleb Love's father from this morning.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Apparently, of all 5 star recruits in the 247 database (18 years), Love ranks last place in FG% for a freshman year (31.6%). Ouch.

To put that in perspective, Trevon Duval shot 42.8%. Tre Jones shot 41.4%.
    Imagine what Love's season looks like if you take out the two games where he played like an All-American against us, going for 21.5 ppg, 7 apg., and shooting 15-28 from the field (54%) and 6-11 from 3 (55%).

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    "All places are not for all people. If it don’t fit, don’t force it. Quell your emotions. Life is good."

"If they aren’t doing anything to keep you, then why stay? Gave you a shot"

Thanks for the link, the above are the two tweets from Caleb Love's father from this morning.
    Yeah, not very subtle there. Kind of surprising.