Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    John has dealt with several injuries throughout his junior and senior seasons. He had a wrist surgery this past year. He was a different player as a sophomore. Maybe a backup role where he can go 100% in spurts is just what he needs.
    Thank you. I think all of these statistical analyses don't factor in the injury factor, which I think is important for him. Check out this article:

"John played through pain his last two seasons with the Golden Eagles. As a junior, he didn't miss a game with a left wrist injury that required surgery in the summer. He gutted out his senior season with a left knee injury that kept him from practicing."

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...al/7228345002/

I'm all for statistics, but as I've said before, statistics in a vacuum without any context are useless. There is some context here. And obviously my first question is to make sure that he is fully recovered from these injuries, especially the knee.

And also as I've said before, I think the easy solution here is to sit down with Henry and ask him what he thinks. If he says this is a dealbreaker, back off. If he says he is OK with it, move forward. And it is none of our business what happens in that conversation so just because there isn't a tweet about it doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

As someone who places a lot of emphasis on the importance of practice, I think the value of having another big body in practice to work against on a daily basis will do more for Henry's long-term progress than the marginal extra minutes he might get if John is not on the team.

Cornell transfer Jimmy Boeheim has announced he will be heading to play for his dad next season at Syracuse.

Jim, Buddy and Jimmy. The ultimate family affair.

Courtesy: Jeff Goodman’s official Twitter account @GoodmanHoops

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Cornell transfer Jimmy Boeheim has announced he will be heading to play for his dad next season at Syracuse.

I am guessing this is Big Jim’s last season

Possible prelude to Jim's retirement? Get the whole band together, then call it a career? Not implausible.
    Last edited by Phredd3; 04-16-2021 at 01:34 PM. Reason: So much so, that dukelifer beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Possible prelude to Jim's retirement? Get the whole band together, then call it a career? Not implausible.
    Yikes!! I saw "Jim's retirement" and immediately wondered if you knew something I didn't.

Buddy has turned out to be a really good shooter, and maybe Jimmy is equally talented, but if I were a recruit, I am not sure I would be excited about playing on a team that included two sons of the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Yikes!! I saw "Jim's retirement" and immediately wondered if you knew something I didn't.
    You love us too much to truly retire. You'll just slowly migrate off the front page. (Nice article today, BTW.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    Buddy has turned out to be a really good shooter, and maybe Jimmy is equally talented, but if I were a recruit, I am not sure I would be excited about playing on a team that included two sons of the coach.
    Still boggles my mind that Coach K is coaching his grandson, while Boeheim is now coaching two of his sons...and Boeheim is older!

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Still boggles my mind that Coach K is coaching his grandson, while Boeheim is now coaching two of his sons...and Boeheim is older!
    one of these chaps has a second wife who is 22 years younger than he is...

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Eh, that's just frisky old Jim Boeheim. This is even wackier, in my opinion:

Star-Tribune: Former Gophers guard Jamal Mashburn Jr., following Richard Pitino to New Mexico

Pitino signed a five-year contract at New Mexico the morning after being fired by the Gophers. His connection with Mashburn stretches through both families, as Jamal Mashburn Sr., was a star at Kentucky coached by Pitino's father, Rick.
    How often do coach-player relationships get passed down a generation like that?

I know it happened at Georgetown. John Thompson (Jr.) coached Patrick Ewing 1981-1985, making three Final Fours. Then, a generation later, John Thompson III coached Patrick Ewing Jr. 2006-2008, making one Final Four.

Then things get complicated. John Thompson (Jr.) also coached Alonzo Mourning (Jr.) 1988-1992. A generation later, Trey Mourning (aka Alonzo Mourning III) played at Georgetown, two seasons for John Thompson III and two seasons for Patrick Ewing.

Per sources, UNC has landed OU transfer Brady Manek.

JGold is down to Oregon State, Wichita State, Utah, BYU, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma
    https://twitter.com/CBB_Central/stat...41109979885568

Not what I would have expected from a Georgia boy who played in the ACC but he clearly wants to check out the western half of the country.

Kinda bummed he is not following Nate to Austin Peay... he could be all-conference in the OVC.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    JGold is down to Oregon State, Wichita State, Utah, BYU, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma

Not what I would have expected from a Georgia boy who played in the ACC but he clearly wants to check out the western half of the country.

Kinda bummed he is not following Nate to Austin Peay... he could be all-conference in the OVC.
    So after going to a small/medium sized private school on the east coast, he wants to go to a big public school in the western half of the country. Clearly he wants to try out something different. As I've said before, this will be like his "study abroad" year where he gets to try out a different culture than he was experiencing for the past four years.

Texas Tech promoted Beard's top assistant. Oklahoma now has Porter Moser as coach. Wichita State made full time the interim coach who had replaced Marshall. Utah hired the coach from Utah State. So lots of new coaches on his list.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

So much for the staying-close-to-home-school-of-thought.

Christian Bishop from Creighton to Texas. Great week for Texas.

https://twitter.com/chris_bishop13/s...669962240?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    Christian Bishop from Creighton to Texas. Great week for Texas.

https://twitter.com/chris_bishop13/s...669962240?s=20
    Another swing and miss for the cheats. Carolina had made his final list of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    So much for the staying-close-to-home-school-of-thought.
    As I mentioned upthread, he's a 22 year old man. There's millions of non-basketball factors at play here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    As I mentioned upthread, he's a 22 year old man. There's millions of non-basketball factors at play here.
    Yea unusual to see various girlfriends spread that far out. One in every “port”?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Agreed Mtn D.. at first I couldn't believe that he would leave but perhaps he is wise enough to want to experience different things. He came so far in 4 years and I wish him well..

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    So after going to a small/medium sized private school on the east coast, he wants to go to a big public school in the western half of the country. Clearly he wants to try out something different. As I've said before, this will be like his "study abroad" year where he gets to try out a different culture than he was experiencing for the past four years.
    And if we could go back and be 22 and were allowed to stay in school one more year after earning our degrees...this is something fun we all would love to have done. Have some fun Jordan.