Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    Still, unless Bennett and staff land an absolute stud transfer or recruit at scoring guard or BIG wing, 22 is shaping up to be a more "classic" UVA Bennett team: great defense, up and down offense.
    Few ACC teams have been as successful as Virginia when it comes to mining the transfer portal. I won't be even mildly surprised if Virginia lands one or two big time transfers this off season.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Few ACC teams have been as successful as Virginia when it comes to mining the transfer portal. I won't be even mildly surprised if Virginia lands one or two big time transfers this off season.
    UVA is going to have to land a bunch of transfers. Justin McKoy just announced he's transferring too. So UVA is losing Hauser, Huff, Woldetensae, Morsell, Abdur-Rahim, and McKoy with the possibility of Murphy entering the draft. That's pretty massive turnover for a program that is highly dependent on continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Hope Watts changes his mind, because I really wanted to hear “Rocket Watts of the MSU Rocket Mortgage Spartans” next year.
    It would actually be "Rocket Watts of the MSU Spartans Presented by Rocket Mortgage".
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    It would actually be "Rocket Watts of the MSU Spartans Presented by Rocket Mortgage".
    Watts a matter with that?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Please don't start.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Probably not a bright idea to enter a punning war with an illuminati such as Mr. Sumner.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    UVA is going to have to land a bunch of transfers. Justin McKoy just announced he's transferring too. So UVA is losing Hauser, Huff, Woldetensae, Morsell, Abdur-Rahim, and McKoy with the possibility of Murphy entering the draft. That's pretty massive turnover for a program that is highly dependent on continuity.
    Hauser and Huff are definitely leaving? They have an extra year of eligibility, just like everybody else, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Johnny Rockets?

Virginia’s Tony Bennett will conduct a virtual meeting today with East Carolina transfer Jayden Gardner, he told @Stockrisers. Averaged 18 points and 8.7 rebounds per game on 50% shooting.

Arkansas, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, Miami, NC State, Florida, others involved.

Courtesy @jakeweingarten official Twitter account. Founder of Stockrisers.com.

Have not seen this posted yet but Kadary Richmond of Syracuse has entered the portal. His numbers are hard to judge due to playing in Boeheim's system (could we call it "adjusting for B-flation?") but he'll be a sought-after big guard/wing.

http://dailyorange.com/2021/03/syrac...ansfer-portal/

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Have not seen this posted yet but Kadary Richmond of Syracuse has entered the portal. His numbers are hard to judge due to playing in Boeheim's system (could we call it "adjusting for B-flation?") but he'll be a sought-after big guard/wing.

http://dailyorange.com/2021/03/syrac...ansfer-portal/
    Wow... I was really impressed With Richmond this season and I know plenty of Orange fans were eager for Boehiem to give him more time (at the expense of Joe Girard). For a while during the season, Richmond had the highest steal percentage of any player in all of college basketball. He ended the year at #13 in that category, but that still makes him an incredibly dangerous defender.

I expect him to be a really good player wherever he lands. He does not need to look to go to a smaller program. He was a top 100 recruit a year ago and had offers from Fla St, UConn, Georgetown, and Cincy when he picked Syracuse. I suspect we will see some even bigger programs take an interest in him now.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Braxton Beverly will graduate from State, and spend his “extra” year of eligibility near home at Eastern Kentucky. Similar path as Jordan Goldmire. Graduate and then bonus year at another school.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...250309589.html

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Virginia’s Tony Bennett will conduct a virtual meeting today with East Carolina transfer Jayden Gardner, he told @Stockrisers. Averaged 18 points and 8.7 rebounds per game on 50% shooting.

Arkansas, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, Miami, NC State, Florida, others involved.

Courtesy @jakeweingarten official Twitter account. Founder of Stockrisers.com.
    Are Hauser and Huff gone for sure? Will be very interesting how UVA fares in the transfer market. I think they could land as many as two or three Hauser-like guys given the transfer market is going to be flooded. I believe marquee programs will be able to reload for this coming year despite the turnover. Going to be a really interesting offseason, and the dust may not settle until well into the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    Are Hauser and Huff gone for sure? Will be very interesting how UVA fares in the transfer market. I think they could land as many as two or three Hauser-like guys given the transfer market is going to be flooded. I believe marquee programs will be able to reload for this coming year despite the turnover. Going to be a really interesting offseason, and the dust may not settle until well into the summer.
    Everything I have read on these boards from fans of the UVa program has indicated Huff and Hauser are gone.

Former Hoosier guard Al Durham is going to Providence

This thread is making my head spin... the portal is on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    This thread is making my head spin... the portal is on fire!
    May give the NCAA pause when thinking of permanently doing away with sitting out a year.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Everything I have read on these boards from fans of the UVa program has indicated Huff and Hauser are gone.
    UVA's Sam Hauser plans to forgo additional eligibility, turn professional

https://richmond.com/sports/college/...25fe321d5.html

https://www.streakingthelawn.com/202...user-going-pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Hauser and Huff are definitely leaving? They have an extra year of eligibility, just like everybody else, right?
    Hauser is definitely gone. He made a Twitter post. Huff hasn't officially said anything (as far as I know) but it would be incredibly surprising if he returned

Hauser is definitely gone. He made a Twitter post. Huff hasn't officially said anything (as far as I know) but it would be incredibly surprising if he returned
    Yeah, at the very least he'll probably test the waters but I doubt he plays another year at UVA.

We are in dire need of a shooting guard, need Beekman to step up as the primary PG, Murphy to stay at one wing, and then need probably at a minimum one guard and 2 frontcourt players from the transfer portal. Its going to be an interesting couple of months. Even if we get top level talent from the portal I dont really love what it means for our team next year since learning our defense is not a one year thing.

The loss of McCoy was probably the biggest out of the 3 transfers... he looked like a solid player, had put on some serious muscle since joining, and has been with us long enough to play a significant role next year.