Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Unfortunately, don't assume Kessler is gone for sure. Cheats going all out to get him back. Hubert apparently talked to the family and then went down to see him yesterday. Brooks leaving only opens the door fuller for Kessler to return.
    But how awkward would that be for Walker to recommit? The optics are ugly. And there would always be a weirdness to his presence at uNC after telling them to shove off.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    But how awkward would that be for Walker to recommit? The optics are ugly. And there would always be a weirdness to his presence at uNC after telling them to shove off.
    After cheating for 20+ years, do you really think anything over there would feel awkward/ugly/unconscionable/immoral/weird/etc to them?

(responding in general and not poking at you )
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Anybody else remember when Phil Henderson announced that he was going to transfer back home and play for Illinois?

Not all of his Duke credits were going with him. So, he reconsidered and was the leading scorer for a team that finished second in the ACC Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Anybody else remember when Phil Henderson announced that he was going to transfer back home and play for Illinois?

Not all of his Duke credits were going with him. So, he reconsidered and was the leading scorer for a team that finished second in the ACC Tournament.
    And finished second (albeit distant) in the NCAA tournament. Course that was 31 years ago. I do wonder how that would have played out in the internet age. Phil came to Duke basketball camp in 1990 and my friend asked him about the transfer drama at which point Gaudet stepped in to shut that question down. Gaudet ran duke basketball camp with an iron fist.

Remember it well & he had a great senior season.

As I recall, the team (in addition to the coaches) had to accept him back.

Didn't see it elsewhere, Virginia transfer Justin McKoy has selected UNC.

Kid wanted to be closer to home and his girlfriend. Good luck to him.

Growing up I *never* thought I'd see a kid who struggled to get PT at UVA being a target for UNC.

Oh how the times they are a-changin.

Jalen Coleman-Lands is transferring to his fourth school in what will be his seventh season of college hoops. His first season was the year Brandon Ingram played at Duke. He will be 25 next season. I say Duke gotta get him just for the wild factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    Jalen Coleman-Lands is transferring to his fourth school in what will be his seventh season of college hoops. His first season was the year Brandon Ingram played at Duke. He will be 25 next season. I say Duke gotta get him just for the wild factor.
    He might win the Matt Christiansen award for longest playing career

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    He might win the Matt Christiansen award for longest playing career
    I thought it was the Bryant Feggins award?

Mac McClung in the portal. Was a stud at Georgetown and then at Texas Tech. Have to wonder if he will follow Chris Beard to Austin.

He's a real gunner... but if fun to watch.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Gonzaga freshman Oumar Ballo, a top 75 recruit coming out of high school who barely played for the Zags this past season, has entered the portal. I don't know who will go after him but "7-footer from Mali" sounds like a FSU kid, amiright?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Noah Gurley no longer considering Duke.

https://247sports.com/Article/Basket...ley-163899681/
    Noah Gurley just announced he's transferring to Alabama. Insane week for the Tide, who added high schooler Charles Bediako on Tuesday and Texas Tech transfer Nimari Burnett on Thursday.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Mac McClung in the portal. Was a stud at Georgetown and then at Texas Tech. Have to wonder if he will follow Chris Beard to Austin.

He's a real gunner... but if fun to watch.
    Then why? Gunner or a runner? Not wishing ill will, but if one day one of these ship hoppers finds a short plank, I won't cry.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Then why? Gunner or a runner? Not wishing ill will, but if one day one of these ship hoppers finds a short plank, I won't cry.
    Look, I'm not a big fan of Mac McClung but in this case he left a pretty chaotic situation at Georgetown (lots of players leaving the program) and when he did he said it was because NBA scouts had told him he needed to showcase his PG skills, something he was not allowed to do at GTown.

So, he goes to Texas Tech and now his head coach has left for the Texas job. I have a hard time faulting a kid who leaves a program when the head coach he played under leaves too.

And I suspect McClung is going to stay in the draft, not because he will get drafted but because he probably knows his stock is what it is and another year playing elsewhere probably isn't going to change things very much for him. It feels to me like he wants to earn money playing basketball and I suspect he will do so in Spain or Turkey or perhaps in the G-League next year.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Noah Gurley just announced he's transferring to Alabama. Insane week for the Tide, who added high schooler Charles Bediako on Tuesday and Texas Tech transfer Nimari Burnett on Thursday.
    Alabama went 16-2 in the SEC this past season, and was a #2 seed in the tournament before getting upset by UCLA in the Sweet 16. They lose two key pieces--6'8" forward Herb Jones (the SEC player of the year) and 6'5" wing John Petty. But as of now they're set to return a high-scoring backcourt of McDonald's AA (and Villanova transfer) Jahvon Quinerly and All-SEC 2nd-team Jaden Shackelford. They'll be joined by 5* guard JD Davison and 4* center Charles Bediako. Then they went out and landed coveted transfers Noah Gurley and Nimari Burnett. Add in a few returning role players, and the Crimson Tide are loaded (even if Quinerly decides to go pro). Expect to see them near the top of the preseason standings.

This will be Nate Oats's third season at Alabama and he's on an absolute roll. He has to be at the top of the list for every major program that has an opening in the next few years, should he decide that Alabama will never truly embrace the basketball team they way they do for football.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Patrick Tape going to San Francisco. Hope he finds time there and can elevate that program. Gonzaga needs more competition in the WCC.
    No disrespect for USF, but if he was going to the Bay area, he couldn't get a spot at Stanford and continue collecting top-shelf degrees? Weak.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWahoo View Post
    No disrespect for USF, but if he was going to the Bay area, he couldn't get a spot at Stanford and continue collecting top-shelf degrees? Weak.
    Maybe he preferred the basketball national championship tradition at USF (2 NCAA, one NIT).

Sf has a nicer downtown...and maybe Stanford saw Tapés tape>

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Maybe he preferred the basketball national championship tradition at USF (2 NCAA, one NIT).

I'm sure San Francisco recruited him with the message "be our next Bill Russell."