Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Why did he even need a waiver? Dude is a grad student so I thought it was always immediate.
    Rule is you get one immediate transfer per career, and he already had one when he transferred to Duke. Just a guess, I have no idea if that's actually the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Rule is you get one immediate transfer per career, and he already had one when he transferred to Duke. Just a guess, I have no idea if that's actually the reason.
    whatever the reason, the man is enjoying some academic tourism...

Tyrece Radford transfers to Texas A&M

Big ACC news today as Tyrece Radford announced he will transfer from Virginia Tech to Texas A&M. The guard was a starter for the Hokies and one of their major players. He is going to finish his college career with his former coach Buzz Williams.

I think this knocks VT down a notch for the upcoming season. Radford was a great defender and playmaker. He changes the dynamic of their backcourt quite a bit. With Storm Murphy and Hunter Cattoor as the starting guards, the Hokie backcourt is going to be good at spacing the court but much less capable of attacking the rim in my view.

Yep, but

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Big ACC news today as Tyrece Radford announced he will transfer from Virginia Tech to Texas A&M. The guard was a starter for the Hokies and one of their major players. He is going to finish his college career with his former coach Buzz Williams.

I think this knocks VT down a notch for the upcoming season. Radford was a great defender and playmaker. He changes the dynamic of their backcourt quite a bit. With Storm Murphy and Hunter Cattoor as the starting guards, the Hokie backcourt is going to be good at spacing the court but much less capable of attacking the rim in my view.
    Storm and Hunter will be a all-name backcourt, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Storm and Hunter will be a all-name backcourt, though.
    If they can just find a guy named Chaser.

Or

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    If they can just find a guy named Chaser.
    They could both transfer to Miami.

UNC wing Andrew Platek has entered the portal. Really late in the process... I'm guessing he did not like his playing time chances after some of the summer workouts. Still, losing a decent shooter who was quite experienced in the program isn't exactly a good thing for the Heels.

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/st...91946434486273
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

UNC wing Andrew Platek has entered the portal. Really late in the process... I'm guessing he did not like his playing time chances after some of the summer workouts. Still, losing a decent shooter who was quite experienced in the program isn't exactly a good thing for the Heels.

I could have sworn he announced a while back, or at least it was announced, he would not be returning to UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Wilson View Post
    I could have sworn he announced a while back, or at least it was announced, he would not be returning to UNC.
    Maybe you’re thinking of Walker Miller?

The timing is indeed really bizarre. Had he left in June when most of the player movement happened it would have just been another guy looking for more playing time. This leaves UNC without any time to find a replacement off the waiver wire, I mean transfer portal. Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post

The timing is indeed really bizarre. Had he left in June when most of the player movement happened it would have just been another guy looking for more playing time. This leaves UNC without any time to find a replacement off the waiver wire, I mean transfer portal. Oh well!
    The more I look at it, the more I think he was going to be nothing more than a back end rotation guy had he stayed at UNC. Platek was a wing and Carolina has a pretty good complement of wings ahead of him in the rotation in returnees Leaky Black, Kewin Walton, and RJ Davis as well as a couple well-regarded (top 60ish recruits) freshmen in Dontrez Styles and D'Marco Dunn. I suppose there is a scenario where the freshmen are not ready to contribute even in a small way, but if either of them are any good at all then Platek was going to be the 5th or 6th man in the wing rotation, at best. I doubt Carolina really feels much of a need to replace him.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

This is too bad. I always felt some comfort when he was on the court for the Heels.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

I had forgotten that he was already a senior this past season so he’s entering his extra Covid year. In that respect it’s not a huge loss for them since it wasn’t really expected that he would be around for a fifth year, just like losing Goldwire wasn’t a “loss” for us. Still, anything that affects them negatively is good news 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    UC, maybe you're thinking of Walker Kessler? Sorry, (tried hard but) couldn't resist.