Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    Agreed Mtn D.. at first I couldn't believe that he would leave but perhaps he is wise enough to want to experience different things. He came so far in 4 years and I wish him well..
    I mean, maybe he is sick to death of Durham. Perhaps he wants to try other versions of BBQ besides eastern NC. Maybe he wants to consider settling down in Oregon. Maybe he has close friends at some of these schools.

As soon as I finished college in my small NC town I made a beeline for Seattle, following my sister. I wanted something very, very different for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I mean, maybe he is sick to death of Durham. Perhaps he wants to try other versions of BBQ besides eastern NC. Maybe he wants to consider settling down in Oregon. Maybe he has close friends at some of these schools.

As soon as I finished college in my small NC town I made a beeline for Seattle, following my sister. I wanted something very, very different for awhile.
    And now you're back in the mountains of NC. Same town?

GoDuke!

As soon as I finished college in my small NC town I made a beeline for Seattle.
    Boone? Cullowhee? Banner Elk? Mars Hill? Misenheimer? Murfreesboro? Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Boone? Cullowhee? Banner Elk? Mars Hill? Misenheimer? Murfreesboro? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Wrong answers all...

Swanannoa.

Wrong answers all...

Swanannoa.
    Warren Wilson? I've never known anyone who went to Warren Wilson.

We walk among you.

Washington transfer Marcus Tsohonis (Guard) has committed to Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), per his Twitter page.

He averaged 10.4 ppg for Washington last season as a sophomore.

I go up for guitar camp every summer. Well, not last year or this year unfortunately.

Wrong answers all...

Swanannoa.
    My good friend neighbors are heading down to see Warren Wilson on Thursday with their very nice daughter...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    My good friend neighbors are heading down to see Warren Wilson on Thursday with their very nice daughter...
    It's a gorgeous campus. Everyone I knew in high school went to UNC if they could, App State if they couldn't. I wanted no part of that. Blazed my own trail at a tiny school with tiny classes. I still keep up with my professors over a beer from time to time.

If they want the perspective of a (long ago) student, feel free to PM and I will give you my number.

When I was there, there was a pretty substantial population from Vermont as well.

It's a gorgeous campus. Everyone I knew in high school went to UNC if they could, App State if they couldn't. I wanted no part of that. Blazed my own trail at a tiny school with tiny classes. I still keep up with my professors over a beer from time to time.

If they want the perspective of a (long ago) student, feel free to PM and I will give you my number.

When I was there, there was a pretty substantial population from Vermont as well.
    much appreciated, i'll let them know...

David Wilcox graduated from Warren Wilson college early eighties. Here’s a couple tunes from his East Asheville Hardware album around that time

https://youtu.be/bgs3tqIEwAU

https://youtu.be/dP30lW7LWlk

Tanner Groves from Eastern Washington to Oklahoma, largely to replace Brady Manek who transferred to UNC. Unclear whether Groves's brother Jacob will also transfer to Oklahoma. I believe this is also one of the final school on Goldwire's list (Groves is a big so doesn't impact Jordan from that perspective).

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ma-sources-say

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Tanner Groves from Eastern Washington to Oklahoma, largely to replace Brady Manek who transferred to UNC. Unclear whether Groves's brother Jacob will also transfer to Oklahoma. I believe this is also one of the final school on Goldwire's list (Groves is a big so doesn't impact Jordan from that perspective).

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ma-sources-say
    Looks as though both are heading to Oklahoma.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2021

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    Looks as though both are heading to Oklahoma.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2021
    Huge for Oklahoma. Tanner is good enough to contend for All-Big 12 honors, IMO. Jacob isn't as good but is a very solid player.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Huge for Oklahoma. Tanner is good enough to contend for All-Big 12 honors, IMO. Jacob isn't as good but is a very solid player.
    My 15 year old son watching the Groves brothers against Kansas in the NCAA Tourney - "Those guys look like Jackie Moon and Napoleon Dynamite, but they sure can play"

It's a gorgeous campus.
    Truly a beautiful place. In addition to going to guitar camp there, we visited a couple of times with my daughter while we were finding a college for her and I was very impressed by the academic program.

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    Truly a beautiful place. In addition to going to guitar camp there, we visited a couple of times with my daughter while we were finding a college for her and I was very impressed by the academic program.
    Ah, the Swannanoa Gathering!

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    I could def go for turning this into a small liberal arts college info thread. My youngest is in the market and I'm taking notes. His older siblings went to Duke, as did my wife and I, but he's possibly going to blaze his own path.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Washington transfer Marcus Tsohonis (Guard) has committed to Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), per his Twitter page.

He averaged 10.4 ppg for Washington last season as a sophomore.
    Good player, GREAT hair. Was hoping Tsohonis was from Snohomish, WA(Jon Brockman says hi), but he prepped in Portland.
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K