0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Monday's South Regional final (Eastern time):

(3) Arkansas vs. (1) Baylor, 9:57 p.m. CBS -- Lucas Oil Stadium South
    Why are these games so darn late?

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    Why are these games so darn late?
    I'm pretty sure the goal of this year's schedule was to make it as painful to follow the tournament as possible.

Edit: I know it actually had something to do with COVID protocols, I guess, but I don't yet understand how the schedule changes helped at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm pretty sure the goal of this year's schedule was to make it as painful to follow the tournament as possible.

Edit: I know it actually had something to do with COVID protocols, I guess, but I don't yet understand how the schedule changes helped at all.
    Yeah, CoVid protocols may have influenced the Friday-Monday and Saturday-Tuesday choices (altho I am not sure how), but it’s hard to rationalize the time slots, especially with few other televised sports right now. I think your first theory is correct...

Yeah, CoVid protocols may have influenced the Friday-Monday and Saturday-Tuesday choices (altho I am not sure how), but it’s hard to rationalize the time slots, especially with few other televised sports right now. I think your first theory is correct...
    I can probably make an argument supporting the changes to the first weekend. This weekend makes no sense. Worst case, this weekend should have also been Friday-Monday.

I’m guessing that the schedule shifts combined with a lot of non-traditional teams advancing and not as many recognizable players is going to result in lousy ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I can probably make an argument supporting the changes to the first weekend. This weekend makes no sense. Worst case, this weekend should have also been Friday-Monday.

I’m guessing that the schedule shifts combined with a lot of non-traditional teams advancing and not as many recognizable players is going to result in lousy ratings.
    I agree completely. If this weekend had been Friday-Monday, then at least there would be some logic. And I also think the ratings could take a dive (unless there is just so much pent up demand).

I agree completely. If this weekend had been Friday-Monday, then at least there would be some logic. And I also think the ratings could take a dive (unless there is just so much pent up demand).
    Does anybody know how Monday of the first weekend worked out, ratings-wise? I'm guessing it really tanked, but I'd love to hear for sure. I know I didn't watch anything before about 7:00 on Monday. This weekend, I'm catching the first part of the 7:00 game, but the late game tips off right around my bed time to I'll "read about it in the morning papers".

(Yeah, OK, that's hyperbole. Really I'll be doing the modern equivalent, and catching SportsCenter in the morning. But get off my lawn, anyway!)

welpppp looks like i won't have to stay up late to wonder about the outcome of this one...
    April 1

If the ratings are bad tonight, there is more to blame than just a bad time slot. The games have generally been a bit boring, as well, although the Houston game got better and this Baylor game is starting to heat up a little right now.

13-plus minutes to go.

"Damn, JD Notae from Arkansas sure fouled out early." -- Greg Anthony

Baylor trying to let Arkansas back into this game by missing free throws. If they aren’t careful they will lose. And that will finish out my viewing of the NCAA tournament this year. Will not watch another game if Baylor loses.

Arkansas could not buy a bucket when they needed it, as exemplified by their clanged, wide-open wing 3 that would have cut it to 2 or 3 with about 5 to go, which led Muss to turn around and start slapping the stuffing out of the scorers table. I am glad to see Baylor march on, Scott Drew can scratch his name off the best active coaches to never reach the Final Four list.