• Georgetown

1 3.45%
  • UNC Greensboro

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    While I agree with you on the strategy of going to the rim, at least the 3s were decent looks. They weren't that tightly defended and the Michigan guys can knock those down. Either one would have likely given them the win. The hurried attempt on the rebound is what was inexplicable.
    Fair enough. I probably do need to reevaluate my thinking based on how well guys hit threes now / how it's the primary shot they practice. I still hate opting for a three as the last shot of a game when you only need one point--you should be looking for the highest percentage shot, not the highest value shot--but when down by 2 there is value in getting a win rather than overtime.

Agree that the hurried attempt under the basket was the worst. But I'm really disappointed in Howard's deployment of Dickinson on the last play. Maybe that lob attempt is open or Dickinson gets free getting to the basket. And even if not, he's a big target who will draw defensive attention, leaving others with a bit more room than they otherwise have. it just seems like he voluntarily took one of his best weapons out of the play.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Agree that the hurried attempt under the basket was the worst. But I'm really disappointed in Howard's deployment of Dickinson on the last play. Maybe that lob attempt is open or Dickinson gets free getting to the basket. And even if not, he's a big target who will draw defensive attention, leaving others with a bit more room than they otherwise have. it just seems like he voluntarily took one of his best weapons out of the play.
    When they came out of the TV timeout and I saw Dickinson in the in-bounds spot, I was dumbfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Good game. I had no dog in this fight, but I thought Michigan enjoyed a decided advantage in the officiating throughout. At one point near the end of the game, it was 9 fouls on UCLA to only 4 on Michigan -- and it wasn't because Michigan somehow magically defended without contact adversely affecting the offensive players. Also during one stretch, I thought Davis for Michigan was going to get the Tyler Hansbrough award for repeated traveling with impunity. But perhaps most egregious to me was on that last sequence when the ball went out of bounds off UCLA with .5 seconds left, there absolutely should have been a foul whistled on Dickinson, and the UCLA player he knocked down should have been back at the free throw line instead of defending against a desperation final shot. At least in this game, those missed calls ultimately didn't alter the outcome.
    I am with you - especially on the over the back on Dickinson with .5 seconds left. You have to call that when not doing so gives Michigan another chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Utley View Post
    I am with you - especially on the over the back on Dickinson with .5 seconds left. You have to call that when not doing so gives Michigan another chance to win.
    NCAA refs swallowing whistles is a tradition unlike any other!

-jk