Thanks to the team and staff

This was certainly not the season nor the ending that anyone wanted.

Still admire the development of the team that was probably playing its best at the end. Your effort in the most trying of times is greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to next season which hopefully will be "normal."

For those that leave the program for whatever reason, good luck and thanks for your contribution.

SoCal

Even though this was not the season we wanted, can't say it was a boring season.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Amen to all of this. I think in 5 years, we'll be looking back on this season and the way the program handled itself with pride... not only because we did the right things morally and ethically with regards to the pandemic, but because we laid the groundwork for success in the years to come.

There are a lot of people comparing JRob and Mark's late-season emergence, and rightfully so. But remember: unless something very unexpected happens, we get to see Mark continue to grow next year
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Hey on the bright side, they finished the year with a win. And reasons to be optimistic next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Wilson View Post
    Hey on the bright side, they finished the year with a win. And reasons to be optimistic next season.
    FSU gets an extra day of rest...in anticipation of a semis showdown with the Holes.

Thanks!

A special thanks to our players and coaching staff. This was a season unlike any other and I'm proud that the administration and coaching staff took Covid seriously. I'm proud of our young men that had to go through things that they had never experienced before in their young lives. I know there are many people who had to go through worse times dealing with the virus and I'm certainly not comparing sports with life challenging experiences. However, I would still like to thank the team for giving their best to make a season possible.

God bless you guys and GoDuke!

Thank you

Thanks to the players, coaches, and staff that made this season happen under very difficult circumstances. Of course we all with we had made it to the Big Dance, but it was not to be this year. We still had fun moments and got to have the distraction of a spectator sport in a really tough year. I'm grateful. Particular thanks to JGold for 4 super years with the program. I think the guys represented Duke well and did their best under very challenging conditions (and they were unlucky).

Hear, hear!

When I started this year's version of the "Jinx" thread (kinda as Jason beat me to it this season), I said that every game we got to play was an upset win. I see no reason to change my mind now.
    Many thanks for the sacrifices that everyone associated with the program -players, coaches, trainers, cooks, janitors, you name it - endured that allowed us, the fans, to watch our team take the floor.
    It gave a small measure of not-quite-normalcy that still managed to lift my spirits.
    Looking forward to 'next play', even if it's going to be a while coming.

Although Duke isn’t dancing for the first time in a few decades, I’m still proud of the team.

Things I didn’t think I’d ever see: Duke not in the NCAAT in the same season as Georgia Tech cutting down the nets at the Greensboro Coliseum as ACC Champions ...