Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'm sorry, but I think this form looks just awful from Reece Beekman on the game winning 3 for Virginia. Dude is a 25% three point shooter and you can tell why. Don't blame Syracuse at all for leaving him open on this play.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDabbundo/...86686588305413
    Worth noting that Beekman had missed his last 10 3s (most of them wide open), dating back to mid-February. Leaving him open to make absolutely sure Huff doesn't get the ball 5' from the hoop (where he's like 80+%) with 5 seconds to play in a tied game is *100%* the correct move. I feel bad for the kid because he made the correct move to maximize the chance of getting to OT, yet the loss is now his fault.

I have the Tech-Miami game on silent while doing some work so I'm not getting any commentary (which is often a good thing). Alvarado looked like he totally blew up his knee in the first half - he was in agony and they had to carry him off. But now it looks like he is back so I guess he is OK. Close game. I assume Tech needs this one to really feel safe.

UNC looking good against Virginia Tech. It’s highly annoying.

VT hung tough for a half and played much better than I expected after their long pause. They were able to matched UNC’s physicality until they started wearing down. A well rested FSU will give the CHeats a much tougher test tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    UNC looking good against Virginia Tech. It’s highly annoying.
    They are going to win this tourney. Everything is breaking right for them.

Too bad that nobody on the Virginia Tech team can make a free throw. Sheesh. If they could shoot free throws they would probably only be about two or three points behind.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Maybe. But it’s not going to be easy to beat Florida State and Virginia back-to-back.

I really hope a well-rested Florida State sends them home tomorrow.

Unfortunately I agree. Unc will beat Ga tech in the finals.

Of course they are going to win. They are, by far, the best team in the ACC. In fact I’m positive they’ll be cutting down the Nets for a NCAA championship in a few weeks. No doubt about it. It will take a miracle for anyone to beat them going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Of course they are going to win. They are, by far, the best team in the ACC. In fact I’m positive they’ll be cutting down the Nets for a NCAA championship in a few weeks. No doubt about it. It will take a miracle for anyone to beat them going forward.
    The SD reverse jinx is alive and well!!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Well jokes aside- nobody is going to want to play them. They could easily be a 9 seed and get through the first weekend. They may have the best bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    The SD reverse jinx is alive and well!!
    Shhhhhhh!

Friday's matchups:

[13]Virginia (-3) vs. [36]Georgia Tech (6:30, ESPN)
    [15]Florida State (-2) vs. [26]North Carolina (9:00, ESPN)
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'm sorry, but I think this form looks just awful from Reece Beekman on the game winning 3 for Virginia. Dude is a 25% three point shooter and you can tell why. Don't blame Syracuse at all for leaving him open on this play.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDabbundo/...86686588305413
    You know who else had terrible shooting form? Curtis Staples.

All I care about is if it goes in.

Granted, Reece isn't making very many, so a form adjustment probably wouldn't hurt in his case. Still, I'd rather an ugly make than a textbook-form miss.

BREAKING: UVa vs. Georgia Tech game cancelled. ACC says: the cancellation follows a positive test, subsequent quarantining, and contact tracing within the Virginia men’s basketball program.

If the whole UVa team has to quarantine for 7 days would they miss the first round of NCAAT which starts next Thursday and Friday?

Is UVa’s season done?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    BREAKING: UVa vs. Georgia Tech game cancelled. ACC says: the cancellation follows a positive test, subsequent quarantining, and contact tracing within the Virginia men’s basketball program.

If the whole UVa team has to quarantine for 7 days would they miss the first round of NCAAT which starts next Thursday and Friday?

Is UVa’s season done?
    Oof. Let's hope FSU goes ahead and beats UNC tonight before things get too real.

But yeah, great question regarding UVa's NCAA tournament situation.

fsu is not beating the cheats tonight...

i have the cheats penciled in for no more losses for the season...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Is UVa’s season done?
    Indianapolis is going to be a disaster...

NCAA needs to consult Adam Silver on how he established such a successful bubble.

And in return, Silver needs to ask for Duke to receive an at-large bid...

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Is UVa’s season done?
    Wow. The basketball Gods are not kind

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    fsu is not beating the cheats tonight...

i have the cheats penciled in for no more losses for the season...
    They may not play another team this season at this rate