Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Survive and advance is the same every year. Just starts earlier for us this year. Let's go get eleven in a row!
    Agree entirely, but only thinking of one in a row right now.

I won’t be surprised by any outcome here. I’m leaning toward comfortable Duke win, but in seas this choppy that might be followed by a big leap back.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I can't say I agree with the first sentence, as I'm always highly interested in a Duke postseason game. I'm perhaps more interested in this one from the perspective of saving a bit of face and seeing how the young team responds to their last chance to salvage something of the season. The last sentence certainly has some possibility. I hope that the team hasn't checked out, and it would be a very anti-Duke thing for that to happen. I'd expect the team to come out with a lot of fight tomorrow afternoon, not wanting to see their season (and in some cases their Duke career) end. But, I can't say with certainty that this will be the case. We'll see.
    I mean, every year by this time I make myself anxious by reminding myself we might only have two games left to watch this particular crew of players. This year, we only have one guaranteed opportunity.
    This is where my head is. This year has been tough, but I have still watched every single game and am always excited to see Duke take the court, even if we take a bunch of Ls.

We really must win tomorrow. We can't end the season with 4 straight losses like 2006-7. This team deserves a shot at Louisville on Wednesday. It's very tough to beat a team 3 times in a season.

Line is Duke -11.5 currently.

Need to win em all from here on out, fellas.

Let’s Go Duke!

Looking forward to playing BC tomorrow. Everybody 0-0. Been quite a strange season. So, stranger things can happen. Let’s just tak’em one at a time. We ain’t dead yet!! GO DUKE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Maturin View Post
    I hate to say it, but this is the least interested I've ever been in a Duke postseason game.
    Survive and advance is the same every year.
    Not last year. Surviving without advancing was the goal.

I don't have a lot of enthusiasm about Duke's chances in this ACCT either, but after having almost no postseason last year, any postseason is interesting to me. Duke is reeling, but not as much as their opponent. BC played 5 fewer conference games, has no permanent head coach, and won 4 times all season.

As I recall, the BC game was one of the few games in which the team came out if the gate playing very well and built a big lead early, rather than their usual 'deer in the headlights' start that ends up getting us down 10 or 12 points right off the bat. But then they gave it all back and the game was close.
    I am hoping for a fast start like before but then to keep the pressure up and hold onto the lead, kind of like what the cheaters did to us on Saturday.
    I think we will win this one surprisingly easily. I am predicting a double-digit victory for the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    As I recall, the BC game was one of the few games in which the team came out if the gate playing very well and built a big lead early, rather than their usual 'deer in the headlights' start that ends up getting us down 10 or 12 points right off the bat. But then they gave it all back and the game was close.
    I am hoping for a fast start like before but then to keep the pressure up and hold onto the lead, kind of like what the cheaters did to us on Saturday.
    I think we will win this one surprisingly easily. I am predicting a double-digit victory for the good guys.
    No, it was another slow start. Never really lead before halftime. Down 16 with two minutes left in the first half. Cut the lead to 8 by halftime, and caught up in the first couple minutes of the second half. The rest of the game was back and forth to the end.

I for one, am pumped about the ACC tourney. An opportunity to play, to improve ad to het rid of a terrible end of year.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Line is Duke -11.5 currently.

Need to win em all from here on out, fellas.

Let’s Go Duke!
    The line is now Duke -12.5. The smart money knows some things I sure don't know.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Survive and advance is the same every year. Just starts earlier for us this year. Let's go get eleven in a row!
    I hate the fact that uconn actually pulled this off

Just hoping the season doesn’t end today.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Just hoping the season doesn’t end today.
    That is my feeling as well.
    Classic Stones sums up my sentiment "No Expectations" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONymOaZ-IQ8

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    This is where my head is. This year has been tough, but I have still watched every single game and am always excited to see Duke take the court, even if we take a bunch of Ls.

We really must win tomorrow. We can't end the season with 4 straight losses like 2006-7. This team deserves a shot at Louisville on Wednesday. It's very tough to beat a team 3 times in a season.
    Put me down for the CDu, MtnDevil and Billy Dat train. Lord willing, I'll be watching and rooting for my Blue Devils this afternoon. Love the ACC tourney and love the Blue Devils even more.

GoDuke!

Game day! Let's go get a win.

I was going to post this in the ACC Tourney thread but thought it would might be better served posting it here.

Some stats from the first BC game:
    Wendell led Duke in scoring with 25 points and 2-3 on threes. He came off the bench and played 32 minutes.
    Hurt had 17 points and 11 rebounds in 32 minutes.
    DJ had 14 points and 8 rebounds in 32 minutes.
    Williams started and played 6 minutes. Mark had 0 points and 3 rebounds.
    Goldwire in 37 minutes had 12 points, 6 assists and 1 turnover.
    Roach in 32 minutes had 12 points, 6 assists and 4 turnovers.

Besides Moore who also came off the bench: Brakefield in 18 minutes had 1 rebound, Baker in 12 minutes had 3 points on 1 three, Coleman had 1 minute and 1 rebound. Johnson didn't play. I think he was injured at that time.

Boston College had 20 turnovers and 15 assists for the game. CJ Felder led them in scoring with 24 points. They played 7 players.
    If Duke gets behind and has to play catch up again I don't think Coach K will be resting too many starters. If I remember correctly, we used the press to create those 20 turnovers. If we have to do that again and we win, the team will probably be worn out for Louisville. Let's hope we don't come out flat like last game.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by DCDevil9194 View Post
    No, it was another slow start. Never really lead before halftime. Down 16 with two minutes left in the first half. Cut the lead to 8 by halftime, and caught up in the first couple minutes of the second half. The rest of the game was back and forth to the end.
    It’s difficult to remember the first Duke - BC game because there were some how can I say this...current events occurring in DC that day that took the mind off random ACC basketball.

Last year at this time we were still salty over getting hosed at Wake Forest by Teddy V, ending up a #2 seed in the conference tournament and looking to a march to the finals against #1 seed Florida State.

Little did we know how valuable that #1 seed was, when Florida State was declared conference champion by Swofford when the Tournament was cancelled; then the entire NCAA Tournament was cancelled and we had a " spring of discontent."

You never know when something you value is taken away from you.

It's been two years since we've see our Devils play in the conference tournament and regardless of seeding I look forward to watching !

Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    Last year at this time we were still salty over getting hosed at Wake Forest by Teddy V, ending up a #2 seed in the conference tournament and looking to a march to the finals against #1 seed Florida State.

Little did we know how valuable that #1 seed was, when Florida State was declared conference champion by Swofford when the Tournament was cancelled; then the entire NCAA Tournament was cancelled and we had a " spring of discontent."

You never know when something you value is taken away from you.

It's been two years since we've see our Devils play in the conference tournament and regardless of seeding I look forward to watching !
    Some say Duke fans are still revelling in that discontentment...

Game day! Let's go get a win.
    YESSIR!

We've got another advantage today, this Boston College team has never played against a Coach K-led Duke team. They know nothing about the young upstart out of Army. I am sure they'll underestimate him.

Let's go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    YESSIR!

We've got another advantage today, this Boston College team has never played against a Coach K-led Duke team. They know nothing about the young upstart out of Army. I am sure they'll underestimate him.

Let's go!!!
    All jokes aside, even acknowledging that Duke is favored today - Duke is playing with house money going forward. Usually, we are biting our nails about how we might be able to meet expectations. Well, as the ten seed, the expectation is to show up. Everything else is gravy.

And, I suspect if we DO win a game or two, some of the teams ahead of us might get really nervous.

Let's go Underdog Duke!