Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke vs Boston College, 3/9 4:30 pm ACCN Pregame and In Game Thread

I hope it's ok to start a thread for tomorrow's match up. BC is 4-15 on the year and 2-11 in ACC play. Earlier in the year they gave us a scare and are capable of pulling out a win. Hopefully our boys are ready to go and put last week behind them. Best case scenario is we get out to a big lead and can rest our starters most of the second half.

BC is not a good team, but they play a TON of close games. Still, they fired their head coach and one of their top players has left the team (Wynston Tabbs). Then again, they have nothing to lose.

Duke had a scare against BC earlier in the year, following the looooooooooooooooooong winter break. Wendell Moore played very well in that game, scoring 25 points and the first sign that he was going to turn things around. Mark Williams did not play much in that one, so Duke could give BC a different look this time around. Duke forced 21 TOs against BC and should look to repeat that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by wgl1228 View Post
    I hope it's ok to start a thread for tomorrow's match up. BC is 4-15 on the year and 2-11 in ACC play. Earlier in the year they gave us a scare and are capable of pulling out a win. Hopefully our boys are ready to go and put last week behind them. Best case scenario is we get out to a big lead and can rest our starters most of the second half.
    ok? it's ideal. lets go!
    April 1

Hard to imagine we're already playing again tomorrow. Not sure if the short turnaround is good (no time to dwell on the last one) or bad (less time to prepare and less rest) for the players. Agree that a big early lead would be awesome so we can get the bench involved and rest our starters. At this point every game could be our last, so for better or worse I'll choose to root like heck until I can't anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Hard to imagine we're already playing again tomorrow. Not sure if the short turnaround is good (no time to dwell on the last one) or bad (less time to prepare and less rest) for the players. Agree that a big early lead would be awesome so we can get the bench involved and rest our starters. At this point every game could be our last, so for better or worse I'll choose to root like heck until I can't anymore.
    i imagine any time to rest is good time at this point. it's not like this is the first devastating loss of the year.
    April 1

there's nothing like putting a debacle in the rear-view quite like tearing up the next team....regardless of the opponent's level of play....

this is a chance for this team to put something together to show something they haven't all year....

LGD
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Definitely agree with your last point, the more rest for the starters, the better. ACC Tournament represents a clean slate, every team controls their own destiny. Hoping Duke puts the UNC beat down behind them and comes out firing.

I hate to say it, but this is the least interested I've ever been in a Duke postseason game. I suppose it would be better to avoid the further embarrassment of a loss to BC, but it sure feels like the season ended in Atlanta with that second straight OT loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Maturin View Post
    I hate to say it, but this is the least interested I've ever been in a Duke postseason game. I suppose it would be better to avoid the further embarrassment of a loss to BC, but it sure feels like the season ended in Atlanta with that second straight OT loss.
    I can't say I agree with the first sentence, as I'm always highly interested in a Duke postseason game. I'm perhaps more interested in this one from the perspective of saving a bit of face and seeing how the young team responds to their last chance to salvage something of the season.

The last sentence certainly has some possibility. I hope that the team hasn't checked out, and it would be a very anti-Duke thing for that to happen. I'd expect the team to come out with a lot of fight tomorrow afternoon, not wanting to see their season (and in some cases their Duke career) end. But, I can't say with certainty that this will be the case. We'll see.

well, if nothing else, a win tomorrow gives a .500 record.. so you could be interested for that. Also, two wins makes for a winning season (this is where skipping easy non-conf really hurts)

First things first. Win the game. As Herm Edwards said, you play to win the game. I don't think this team is consistent enough to be able to significantly sit people unless they are up 20 with 5 minutes left. I just posted in another thread that the 10 points Duke is apparently giving to BC is, objectively, a question. I'm a betting man (besides on Duke MBB), so I'd consider taking BC... Lose this game, and Duke finishes with a losing record. So winning it is paramount. And then, assuming the next game, Duke can figure out what it is left. And then, assuming the next game, repeat. Hurt will have to go all Kemba Walker on the rest of the ACC to dream the impossible dream, no rest for the weary. But all I really want is for them to win this first game. I'll think about the next game on Tuesday night, hopefully.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    well, if nothing else, a win tomorrow gives a .500 record.. so you could be interested for that. Also, two wins makes for a winning season (this is where skipping easy non-conf really hurts)
    Yes, there is something to play for. We should certainly beat BC, and that would set up a revenge match against Louisville. It would be nice to end with a winning season.

Normally the final loss of a season is devastating not just for its own sake, but because it represents the end of a ride. I don't think I will be all that displeased when this particular ride is over.

Wrote a game preview with some things to monitor. Hard to believe that Jordan Goldwire is the only player on this team with experience playing in the ACC Tournament. Curious to see how this team responds to tournament play considering its a first for just about everyone. Hopefully Duke can keep Jay Heath in check and win a game with limited minutes to the starters.

https://bluedevilstop.com/duke-vs-bo...-game-preview/

I hate to say it, but this is the least interested I've ever been in a Duke postseason game.
    I absolutely love the ACCT so I am excited to watch the game, Admittedly, nostalgia for the tournament of my youth is a huge factor. Survive and advance.

Definitely hoping the team gets out to a fast start.
    Bob Green

If you are only interested when we are winning, then you have much room to improve as a fan.

Starting now, everyone is 0-0.

Go Devils!!!
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Survive and advance is the same every year. Just starts earlier for us this year. Let's go get eleven in a row!

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    If you are only interested when we are winning, then you have much room to improve as a fan.

Starting now, everyone is 0-0.

Go Devils!!!
    Spare me the sanctimony. I'll be watching and pulling hard for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Survive and advance is the same every year. Just starts earlier for us this year. Let's go get eleven in a row!
    This is the right attitude. This team beat Virginia and was one free throw away from beating GT and Louisville late in the year. We are a very young team and should be developing faster than anyone. There's always a chance we could get really hot, find our groove and win 4-5 games. That's what I'll be cheering for until that final buzzer sounds...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Like it , love it , I want some......well , you know.
    I am excited for tomorrow’s game. Fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickshaw View Post
    Like it , love it , I want some...well , you know.
    I am excited for tomorrow’s game. Fresh start.
    I mean, every year by this time I make myself anxious by reminding myself we might only have two games left to watch this particular crew of players. This year, we only have one guaranteed opportunity.

This team has become SO MUCH more fun to watch in the past month.

From this point on, it's house money. Let's go play loose, make smart decisions, and see how many games we can win!