Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Carolina 91, Duke 73 Post Game Thread

Keep it civil.
    Bob Green

Gotta win 5 in 5 days in Greensboro.

And I think Duke can do it.

I have seen crazier things happen before.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Duke has arguably had the most success of any program in the last 30 years. We finally had a stinker of a season. We were probably long overdue.

Now is the time where we get to show, as fans, that we love this SCHOOL and this PROGRAM and not just winning. Let’s be sad. Let’s be frustrated. Let’s not lose sight of the bigger picture.

This season started out off kilter with all the non-con cancellations. Then Jalen got injured. Then Jalen left. In between we had a heck of a lot of heartbreaking losses. Oh, and we’re one of the youngest teams in the country. Veteran teams are having trouble dealing with this pandemic. Heck, full grown adults are having trouble just getting by during this pandemic. Let’s not judge kids too harshly for how they’ve performed in an unprecedented season. We have NO IDEA what they’re dealing with behind the scenes.

All that said, I remain super excited for next year. A sophomore Mark Williams could be one of the best bigs in the country. Presumably we’ll have at least one vet in Wendell Moore, and we haven’t had a junior who’s a consistent starter and major contributor since Grayson. Our incoming freshman compliment what we should have returning very well, and have lottery potential.

Next week we start building for next year, when hopefully the world will be just a bit more normal, and we can start dishing out some revenge.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

A awful end to an awful regular season in an awful year. Everyone is 0 and 0. Anything is possible but expectations are low.

Hey, at least it’s over. And it wasn’t a 32 point loss.

We've seen worse, but not very many and not by a whole lot. Absolutely awful capstone to the second worst season in 35 years. Yes, 95 was worse, but I am not sold that the recovery from this season to elite status will be much better than 95.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    A note for completists. Our Walk-ons played the last few seconds, Worthington and Savarino for the first time in their career. I’m guessing so they could get into the Duke records.

I really didn't see tonight coming, that we'd get so thoroughly destroyed. Getting swept by a Carolina team of this dubious quality is really painful.

I think those two OT losses drained a chunk of our mojo.

Here's to hoping we can beat BC to guarantee ourselves at least a .500 season. One at a time.

Getting BC instead of another team might be the silver lining.

We still can lose that game though.

Looking for good things to say.

Steward came to play and stayed aggressive throughout the game. Our main offensive threat.

Williams continued to play well, especially considering the number of bigs UNC threw against him.

Not a long list tonigh
    t.

Well, that sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    A note for completists. Our Walk-ons played the last few seconds, Worthington and Savarino for the first time in their career. I’m guessing so they could get into the Duke records.
    I saw that, too! It’s not often that walk-ons get to play in a Carolina game, because they are usually so close. And Worthington is from Chapel Hill I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Gotta win 5 in 5 days in Greensboro.

And I think Duke can do it.

I have seen crazier things happen before.
    Name three.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post

Steward came to play and stayed aggressive throughout the game. Our main offensive threat.

Williams continued to play well, especially considering the number of bigs UNC threw against him.

Not a long list tonigh
    t.
    Goldwire played very hard.

It was The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight tonight, but I feel for these guys. It's got to be tough to have a season like this in a year like this.

I'm hoping they can maintain a positive attitude and play hard. I'll cheer for them as far as they want to go this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post

Not a long list tonigh
    t.
    Love those uniforms. Although after tonight, I hope they aren’t burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Name three.
    UVa losing to UMBC in 2018.

UConn winning 5 in 5 days at Madison Square Garden in the 2011 Big East Tournament.

Laettner shot.

Don’t forget, Duke has already beaten the top seed in next week’s ACC Tournament once this season. This tournament is wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Love those uniforms. Although after tonight, I hope they aren’t burned.
    Last two games in those uniforms have been absolute blowout losses. So maybe they should be thrown into the sun. This was the most joyless on and of court Duke season in decades. Duke only beat BC by 1 at Cameron.

It's a good thing that there are so many things more important than college basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    UVa losing to UMBC in 2018.

UConn winning 5 in 5 days at Madison Square Garden in the 2011 Big East Tournament.

Laettner shot.
    Kemba Walker (junior) & Christian Laettner (senior) ain’t walkin’ through that door. Nor is Jayson Tatum.

I’ve seen this movie. Duke wins Tuesday & loses Wednesday.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."