Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Duke 77, Tech 81 Post Game Thread

Harumph...

Any more and I'd have to ban myself.

-jk

Imawankerforreadingthis....

GT is good, Duke fought hard but just another tough loss. Proud of how the team competed for the most part but it is just one of those seasons. Duke has lost so many close games including two straight in OT now.

I still like this team and hope they beat Carolina then win the ACC Tournament! I think they can do both!

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Harumph...

Any more and I'd have to ban myself.

-jk
    Harumph x 2.

Not sure what to say.

I also wanted to throw a clipboard to the floor.

Can't win games getting nothing on offense from the guard position.

Idk what happened to DJ. He played horribly tonight. Out of control. Awful turnovers.

I know he made a 3 late in OT, but...

and then Roach was rightfully benched. He was not contributing in even a neutral way at all.

What an absolute bummer of a 3 day stretch.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

The next good break we get will be our first of the season. Sheesh.

Heartbreaking loss in a gut-wrenching season. Our guys fought and came close. Learning to close games is hard, but this will help next season.

DJ has gone ice cold. Our freshmen - aside from Mark - may have all hit the proverbial wall. Usually happens in January, but they all need to break out of this funk and beat the Cheats.

Poor shooting from the guards is killing us.

Just not good enough again to win. Story of the season. Disappointed with the young guards. They have not played well in the most critical part of the season. They will get better. But tonight they did not execute/l.

Didn’t play a great game in many ways but boy so close to winning.
    sucks.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Well, every game comes down to the wire so we've got that going for us if you like excitement... problem is we always comes up with the short end of the stick (UVa notwithstanding). I think the team showed heart and effort. We just didn't execute and it was especially difficult given Hurt not being in the game at the end and foul trouble throughout. (And yes his 4th and 5th fouls were a bit ridiculous). Then, when we don't want the foul at the end of OT, is when Teddy V decided to gift us one.

Tough loss. Glad to see some fight. Liked what we saw from Mark Williams and Joey. Tough pill to swallow. Pretty amazing comeback in regulation and almost did it again in OT. Buzzer beater at halftime is always a bad omen for us (AZ, Cuse, tonight...).

Plenty of chances, just couldn’t get over the hump. Lots of little things throughout the game that you could point to as maybe making the difference. The kids have fought hard, I don’t question their effort or desire. It’s just been such a frustrating season in which we’ve come up just short of a win so many times.

The turning point of the game was that key stretch in the second half where we turned it over so many times. It felt like 6 out of 8 possessions we turned it over, flipping a four point lead to a six point deficit. My numbers are probably way off, but that was what turned the game. Matt’s fifth foul was such BS it makes me angry just thinking about it. Without him we really don’t have any offense.

Beating the CHeats would make this season feel like a success, even though we still probably don’t make the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Poor shooting from the guards is killing us.
    aside from a couple breakout games, this has been the story all year...and largely why I thought the return and exit of johnson was not what would make or break this team.
    April 1

Steward is pulling a Jack White on us...

I know what to say. The game is called "BASKET-ball." Shouldn't someone on our team of highly regarded players be able to put the ball therein? Our only scoring play was to lob to Mark Williams, which was effective until Tech realized that was our only play.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

When JGold (who I love) is your best guard, you are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by HDB View Post
    The next good break we get will be our first of the season. Sheesh.
    Shooting open looks and missing badly. Brakefield was wide open in regulation.

In a season

Where we can not catch a break at all...TV Teddy and his crew just did us dirty...just because they can.

There were double digit travels not called on GT. Middle school refs could have seen these violations.

The only way karma balances out our bad luck is with a W over UNC and a tourney crown.
    Windy City Devil

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I know what to say. The game is called "BASKET-ball." Shouldn't someone on our team of highly regarded players be able to put the ball therein? Our only scoring play was to lob to Mark Williams, which was effective until Tech realized that was our only play.
    once hurt was out, we had some gasps, but our options are too few without him on the floor for any sustained length of time.
    April 1