Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NC State beat Notre Dame 80-69 for their 5th straight ACC win. After watching Duke beat them decisively in Raleigh, who woulda thunk the Pack could run off 5 straight? What a weird year.

They are now 9-8, and it looks like their regular season is over as the Saturday game with Va Tech has been cancelled.

Five straight ACC road wins as well.

Injuries and Covid-19 did us no favors. I'm proud of the team for not quitting. The NCAA selection committee will have some interesting choices to make.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Five straight ACC road wins as well.

Injuries and Covid-19 did us no favors. I'm proud of the team for not quitting. The NCAA selection committee will have some interesting choices to make.
    Just so we are clear, do you think the selection committee will be looking at the Wolfpack?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Just so we are clear, do you think the selection committee will be looking at the Wolfpack?
    Probably not.

But I was just looking at the ACC standings. Miami has played 18 games; WF, State, ND and Duke have played 17. On the other hand, Louisville has played 12 (8-4), VT 13 (9-4) and FSU 14 (11-1) -- and these are three of the top four seeds. This year, I think seeding should be based on the number of wins -- not the percentage of wins. FSU, LV and VT should get penalties for not having teams available to play.

A revised standing on total wins would have UVA, FSU and GT 1-2-3 plus a glorious six-way tie for fourth. Louisville (eight wins) would be tenth.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Probably not.

But I was just looking at the ACC standings. Miami has played 18 games; WF, State, ND and Duke have played 17. On the other hand, Louisville has played 12 (8-4), VT 13 (9-4) and FSU 14 (11-1) -- and these are three of the top four seeds. This year, I think seeding should be based on the number of wins -- not the percentage of wins. FSU, LV and VT should get penalties for not having teams available to play.

A revised standing on total wins would have UVA, FSU and GT 1-2-3 plus a glorious six-way tie for fourth. Louisville (eight wins) would be tenth.
    Someone on the UVA board took the time to put this together LOL. UVA had very few home games vs. the top of the league and VT pretty much avoided all of the top teams on the road. I think you'll also appreciate how UNC is referenced.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So, FSU just cost themselves the ACC regular season title -- as if that was even a thing -- didn't they?

-Jason "if we win today, we get Syracuse or UNC in the 8/9 game?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Like clockwork, UVa plays in another game today at Louisville with a chance to clinch another ACC regular season title. Tony Bennett and company took some Ls this year but are still there with a shot in their last regular season game. Gotta give him and UVa lots of credit!

So, FSU just cost themselves the ACC regular season title -- as if that was even a thing -- didn't they?

-Jason "if we win today, we get Syracuse or UNC in the 8/9 game?" Evans
    We would play Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    We would play Syracuse.
    I've missed it - how are the teams seeded this year with unbalanced records?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I've missed it - how are the teams seeded this year with unbalanced records?
    Winning percentage.

So, 7-11 Notre Dame is ahead of 6-10 Pitt and a 10-8 Duke would be behind a 9-7 UNC and Syracuse.

-Jason "win today and we would be tied for the 4th most wins in the conference... crazy, unbalanced schedule though" Evans

Poor Carlik Jones. Got so worn out scoring 25 against Duke last Saturday, he is only 1-11 against UVa. We are making heroes of them all!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Winning percentage.

So, 7-11 Notre Dame is ahead of 6-10 Pitt and a 10-8 Duke would be behind a 9-7 UNC and Syracuse.

-Jason "win today and we would be tied for the 4th most wins in the conference... crazy, unbalanced schedule though" Evans
    Jason, were you being serious? My math is getting a little rusty. How is Norte Dame 7-11 ahead of Pitt at 6-10, but Duke at 10-8 would be behind 9-7 unc and ‘cuse? I guess I’m just confused like a lot of others.

Winning percentage.

Thanks. There ought to be a small bonus for every game you had canceled out from under you by someone else, and perhaps a penalty for having to cancel games.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Music man55 View Post
    Jason, were you being serious? My math is getting a little rusty. How is Norte Dame 7-11 ahead of Pitt at 6-10, but Duke at 10-8 would be behind 9-7 unc and ‘cuse? I guess I’m just confused like a lot of others.
    Ok. I understand now Jason. It’s the percentage of total games played. What a strange season.

UVa wins their 3rd ACC regular season title in 4 seasons and 5th overall regular season championship under Tony Bennett. They are an ACC dynasty. They will have the top seed at the ACC Tournament next week in Greensboro and will be a tough team to beat as they go for the ACC Tournament title.