Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    One thing Duke will need to do is replace Johnson's contributions in the first GT game. In 24 minutes he had 18 points, 6 rebounds, 3 steals and 2 blocked shots. I think Mark Williams will play a big part in this game. In the first GT game he had 6 points, 6 rebounds(3 offensive) and 1 steal in 12:33 minutes. However against the Cuse zone he played 25:38 minutes with 18 points, 11 rebounds and 2 blocks. In CDu's scouting report, he mentioned GT goes 1-3-1 a decent amount. I don't know if GT's zone is better than the Cuse 2-3 zone. I'm looking for a good game from Williams tonight. In the first GT game Moore had 4 points and 4 turnovers and Roach didn't score. So needless to say we need much better games from them tonight. Something else I remember is Alvarado stole the ball from one of our guys coming up from behind them when they had the ball held over their heads. That might have been Johnson but whoever it was that Duke player had the ball stolen wice in the same manner. I think we're in for a fight against an improved GT team on senior night.

Go Duke!

I sure would like to watch this critical game. Too bad my school and the conference they belong to sold me out and the game is not available in my region.

Shame on the ACC and Duke for the ACC Network. Shame on them for being too incompetent to find a way to let me buy the service directly via streaming. And, of course, shame on Comcast and Disney as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtilal View Post
    I sure would like to watch this critical game. Too bad my school and the conference they belong to sold me out and the game is not available in my region.

Shame on the ACC and Duke for the ACC Network. Shame on them for being too incompetent to find a way to let me buy the service directly via streaming. And, of course, shame on Comcast and Disney as well.
    You can buy it on Hulu. It is expensive (you need their Live package), but that’s how to get the ACC Network if you really want it.

I use Sling TV during the season with the sports package. Not unreasonable and I cancel at the end of the season. Workable for me since I don't have any cable or satellite packages.

Quote Originally Posted by szstark View Post
    You can buy it on Hulu. It is expensive (you need their Live package), but that’s how to get the ACC Network if you really want it.
    I cannot cancel Comcast, and I cannot justify paying an additional $64.99 plus taxes and fees to satisfy their greed. If that is what it takes for me to care about Duke, then Duke doesn't deserve my respect and support.

DBR Chat is open!

If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page.

If it's running too fast for you, you can always check out the chat archive to catch up.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

If anyone is without ACC Network like me, ESPN has an open stream to their radio broadcast on the gamecast page.

It is about a minute behind play, so avoid live stats if you don't want to know.

I cannot cancel Comcast, and I cannot justify paying an additional $64.99 plus taxes and fees to satisfy their greed. If that is what it takes for me to care about Duke, then Duke doesn't deserve my respect and support.
    Huh? Seems a bit strong. By the way, back in day we could only watch a handful of Duke games a year.

I gave in and got the ACCN package for basketball season and will promptly downgrade when the regular season is over.
    No soup for you!

Every cable upgrade I have done has been for sports - mostly for Duke BBall but once when College Sports Network started so I could watch my niece.

Uh oh. Williams 2nd foul. That will hurt us against Wright.

Williams, Hurt, and Moore playing really well so far.

Playing reasonably so far. Coleman just checked into the game for the first time.

Not sure why Brakefield is getting so much burn.... he has not been a positive factor thus far.

Another terrible shot by Brakefield. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Not sure why Brakefield is getting so much burn... he has not been a p ositive factor thus far.
    Agree with you. But, since Williams has 2 fouls, it’s either Brakefield or Coleman. I guess we can’t go small with Moses Wright in the game. Plus don’t need Hurt in foul trouble too.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Not sure why Brakefield is getting so much burn... he has not been a positive factor thus far.
    Ask and ye shall receive - nice series by Brakefield.

This has been an ugly game so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Rece Davis and Jon Crispin are the announcers, so we've got that going for us - no Corey Alexander.
    I'm enjoying these guys. They--listen, I know this is radical, but stay with me here--actually talk about the game.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Horrible end to the half... Brakefield getting blocked on a layup and then Wright hitting a three at the buzzer.
    I absolutely knew that his shot was going down.
    I hope this game doesn't come down to that five-point swing.

We're not playing poorly. We found the soft spot in their D on the baseline a handful of times. Our D has looked good, but we've been lucky that they've missed some open 3s.

Man, we had a good shot to go up 8 and instead are up 3, but 3 feels right for how the half went. Kind of just a solid all around ACC battle...defensive struggle for much of the half, the offensive logjam kind of broke for both teams in that final few minutes. I am impressed by Tech's continuity offense, they run it nicely and get good looks. I think our D has been pretty stout, especially the help on Wright when he gets a mismatch. Wendell came to play. Zero points from our guards is a tough look. No feel for how this one will go in the second half.