Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Louisville 80, Duke 73 OT Post Game Thread

Discuss the game here.
    Bob Green

Tough to win when it's 5 on 1

Frustrating finish. Terrible first half. Some wasted opportunities late in the second half. Never got our legs in the OT.

Great game by Hurt. Williams with flashes of brilliance.

Will be interesting to see how things play out from here.

Too upset to post anything rational right now.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Love the guts and toughness the boys showed coming back. A whistle or a FT goes our way and we win in regulation.

OT, a senior guard took over, as you might expect. And we couldn’t get Hurt the ball.

Forget Lunardi. Our goals are still in reach, especially since a lot of similar bubble teams are also losing. We lost but our play didn’t take a step back today. That’s important down the stretch.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Played hard, team is still improving, but unless Duke wins the ACCT in Greensboro (which I think they could do) they are now officially headed to the NIT! Hard to see them as an NCAAT team currently at 11-9, 9-7!

I will give this team credit for not giving up though! 37 points from Hurt was awesome!

Showed a lot of grit to get to OT. That will be in important in the ACCT. Vulnerabilities exposed against a team with strong guard play. This game is not close without a career day for Hurt.

We'll get better from this, but not a lot of runway left.

If we split the next two and win two in the ACCT, the question is, does a 14-11 team get in to the tourney?

Sensational night Hurt

Our guards 3-21...1-10 from 3

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Love the guts and toughness the boys showed coming back. A whistle or a FT goes our way and we win in regulation.

OT, a senior guard took over, as you might expect. And we couldn’t get Hurt the ball.

Forget Lunardi. Our goals are still in reach, especially since a lot of similar bubble teams are also losing. We lost but our play didn’t take a step back today. That’s important down the stretch.
    We had a bit of a false sense of offense hitting at a torrid pace the last few games. Not surprised we fell back to earth.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Played hard, team is still improving, but unless Duke wins the ACCT in Greensboro (which I think they could do) they are now officially headed to the NIT! Hard to see them as an NCAAT team currently at 11-9, 9-7!

I will give this team credit for not giving up though! 37 points from Hurt was awesome!
    This is just so, incredibly, entirely false. Sorry. We still are very likely to earn a bid if we beat GT and UNC.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Discuss the game here.
    Team played hard but could not execute and stop Jones. Great night by Hurt. Would be great to have him back next year. A tourney berth will require a great ACC tourney. Team missed a golden opportunity tonight. A great point guard makes a huge difference.

Last time Duke blocked out?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Discuss the game here.
    It's been years since Duke blocked out on shots.

Guard play was terrible. Couldn't shoot. Didn't prevent penetration.

Thanks to Hurt for a career performance, otherwise we get crushed.

Just when I thought maybe we'd turned the corner...

Season not over, just in dire jeopardy. Tonight we could've almost cemented a bid, now we have work to do.

Disappointing.

The two points lost to toes on the line hurt, as did not securing that FT rebound at the end of regulation. Hurt was really phenomenal, but whether it was him being gassed or poor execution, we really didn’t do a good job running the offense through him in the last 2-3 minutes of regulation and all of overtime. And Louisville got some found money (the 3 at the start of overtime, the chuck it at the basket prayer 3 in the first half with the shot clock running down). We didn’t play very well, but we played well enough to win, and just couldn’t quite get it done.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

This is just so, incredibly, entirely false. Sorry. We still are very likely to earn a bid if we beat GT and UNC.

we might still sneak in if we win only one of those games, provided we make it to the ACC final.

Terrible personnel decisions, and everyone on the board knows what I'm talking about. Coach is his own worst enemy at times. Bob Knightesque.

That would put Duke at 13-9, 11-7. I would be surprised if Duke wins both of those games and gets an at large, but it would be pleasantly surprised!

Incredibly false? Yes if Duke wins out and then plays well in the tourney they have a shot. But that is a tall order.

We shot 23 free throws and fouled out two opponent players! That's a huge improvement in one of our biggest weak points, it's too bad we don't have the win to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by goduke03861 View Post
    Terrible personnel decisions, and everyone on the board knows what I'm talking about. Coach is his own worst enemy at times. Bob Knightesque.
    It was horrible how we fought back from down ten and then used the press at the end to keep them off-track. You're right, K should hang it up.

Get for real.

I would have liked to see Williams more late, but K can't go out and get rebounds for us or defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It was horrible how we fought back from down ten and then used the press at the end to keep them off-track. You're right, K should hang it up.

Get for real.

I would have liked to see Williams more late, but K can't go out and get rebounds for us or defend.
    But Williams could...that's kind of the point isn't it?