Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Why is Baker getting so much time but nobody ever throws him the ball? He was alone in the corner on the last possession. A pass from Steward would've led to a wide-open shot.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    They are at full strength. Duke guards are having a very poor night.
    Villa wants it more and we’re too passive. Hard to believe, but may be our worst half of the year😡

A bucket here to close this to 7 or 8 would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Villa wants it more and we’re too passive. Hard to believe, but may be our worst half of the year��
    They're getting outmuscled, outhustled, outscrapped in every facet. Louisville is a far more physical team.

10 non~Hurt points is not going to get it done.

Boys against men

With 10 seconds to go in half and shot clock off, while inbounding, it seemed like the team was looking for a quick shot. Why not pass it deep and take the last shot of the half?

Beyond that, though, Louisville killing us on the offensive glass and we need to hit more 3s. Need those two area to change to get back into it. And someone besides Hurt to bring some offense.

We can turn it around. We've been playing much better than this lately.

Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Boys against men
    Like we’re on a leash and they’re taking us for a walk.
    GTHC

That was ugly.

David Johnson is our kryptonite. Dude is a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    With 10 seconds to go in half and shot clock off, while inbounding, it seemed like the team was looking for a quick shot. Why not pass it deep and take the last shot of the half?

Beyond that, though, Louisville killing us on the offensive glass and we need to hit more 3s. Need those two area to change to get back into it. And someone besides Hurt to bring some offense.
    Louisville is a good team at full strength and physical. Duke cannot match them unless they shoot better and more importantly rebound better. Will be tough to close the gap unless Duke can start hitting 3’s. We shall see.

First half: Men against boys -- and we weren't the men.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Villa wants it more and we’re too passive. Hard to believe, but may be our worst half of the year😡
    I think the story is more about the high level of their play then our poor play. Don’t get me wrong, we’re not playing well but we look better than we did back in December and January.

A 10 point hole will be tough, but momentum can change.

I don’t think they can play better. We need a quick start, slow those guards down and up our physicality on both ends.

Can't expect to win if you don't make a few shots and get a few rebounds. That said, everything went Louisville's way, and I hope our shooting will revert to the mean in the second half, so all is not yet lost.
    K needs to shake things up a bit in the second half, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    First half: Men against boys -- and we weren't the men.
    Copyright violation - see post 66

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Copyright violation - see post 66
    Great minds think alike.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

We actually had some decent shots that went in the past few games when we couldn’t miss that just missed - reverting to the mean. But even if they look the same, they are still harder when you are working harder to get them and playing a more physical game.

K seems to be mixing it up to find a lineup that works.

You’re not going to win many basketball games at this level when you get 0 points from your guards...that is all

Also, I haven’t paid attention so sorry if this was talked about, where is Brakefield?

Louisville is a really bad matchup for us. Their guards are so big, physical, and experienced. Our backcourt is just overmatched. 1 point for Goldwire, Roach, and Steward.

We need someone besides Hurt to step up on the offensive end - it’s like he’s playing 1 on 5.

This game reminds me of the one in Cameron last year, when Johnson just took it to us. Hope we can turn it around in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    You’re not going to win many basketball games at this level when you get 0 points from your guards...that is all

Also, I haven’t paid attention so sorry if this was talked about, where is Brakefield?
    Breakfield was clearly part of the game plan. He was ineffective.
    GTHC