Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They need to salvage what they can.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Something tells me unc will.

-jk
    The cheese is getting pretty moldy.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    Yep.

They do have to remain six feet apart and masked (unless consuming their wine and cheese, I imagine).

Source: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...249522900.html
    That's gonna make the bathroom and concession lines extra fun.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Agree that it wouldn't be feasible this late in the season. Letting fans in isn't as simple as just opening the doors. The athletic department would need to hire staff, implement new protocols and procedures, train the staff, hire security who could enforce these rules, clean up afterwards, etc. Then there's the question of how tickets should be distributed and sold. I can't imagine the ventilation system in Cameron is great, so how would anybody determine that it is "safe" to have even 1,000 screaming fans in attendance? They'd have to figure all of this out in like three days in order to do this for one remaining home game. It would be awesome to be able to attend a game in Cameron and it seems very unfair that other schools will have some fans and have already done so throughout the season. But I don't see it happening for us.

I do wonder what the effect will be on the players when they travel to other arenas with fans. These kids have been in isolation for months. A high percentage of grown adults are struggling with their mental health and the effects of so much isolation, now we're expecting 18 year olds to suddenly perform in front of thousands of people?
    They've played in a few venues that have had fans already. VT, for one, comes to mind. Louisville as well. State had fans--which K was pretty excited about. Duke will play in front of fans at GT. I don't believe that they've even played in an arena with close to 1000 fans, maybe 250 at most. As far as it being "unfair"--look to the Duke Administration for that. There's no edict or state statute that's been eliminating that this year---limited the numbers? Yes, I see the logic, but preparing for something like that doesn't take a crazy amount of time if you're limiting the numbers to family.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That's gonna make the bathroom and concession lines extra fun.
    judging by how the fall semester went at UNC, I'm going to guess these rules will be strictly adhered to /s
    1200. DDMF.