View Poll Results: How Many Teams Play In The ACC Tournament?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • All 15

13 52.00%
  • 14-11

12 48.00%
  • 10-8

0 0%
  • Less than 8

0 0%
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

ACC Tournament - Poll

I've seen some interesting punditry wondering about the ACC tournament, and with folks stressing how important a run would be for us and our NCAA chances, I thought I'd toss it out here.

Some folks are guessing that while the ACCT will be played, not all the teams will show up, and that includes both ends of the spectrum. Does BC, who is horrible and has no chance of making it past two games, show up? Does UVA or other NCAA locks?

The reasoning being, why put your team at risk of exposure if your season is essentially done, or if it is obvious you are going to the post season? That would suck for a player/coach to get COVID and then have to basically forfeit your first game. There is no "postponement" in Tourney Land.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I've seen some interesting punditry wondering about the ACC tournament, and with folks stressing how important a run would be for us and our NCAA chances, I thought I'd toss it out here.

Some folks are guessing that while the ACCT will be played, not all the teams will show up, and that includes both ends of the spectrum. Does BC, who is horrible and has no chance of making it past two games, show up? Does UVA or other NCAA locks?

The reasoning being, why put your team at risk of exposure if your season is essentially done, or if it is obvious you are going to the post season? That would suck for a player/coach to get COVID and then have to basically forfeit your first game. There is no "postponement" in Tourney Land.
    On Feb 19th, Joe Giglio from WRAL tweeted the following, which would seem to indicate that everyone in the conference is planning on playing the tourney:

Two items related to the ACC tournament, from my sources: 1) The ACC will designate the tournament champion for the auto bid for the NCAA tournament. 2) All 15 teams, as of today any way, are committed to going to Greensboro and playing in the tournament.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Somehow I would think that the league would make it less financially attractive for teams that don't want to play...

At least one team will not play because they will be in quarantine.