Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 156
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem

    Tiger Woods in Car Wreck

    Currently in surgery. Single-car rollover at 7:12 am. Extracted by “jaws of life.” The photos I have seen look horrific. Hope he’ll come through okay.

    https://twitter.com/daniel_rapaport/...110136321?s=21
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Wow. Somehow hadn’t heard. Sounds familiar and I hope he’s okay and this wasn’t from a relapse.

  3. #3
    That sucks. When I saw thread title I was hoping it was from years ago.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Single car accident.
    Multiple leg injuries.
    In surgery now.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Single car accident.
    Leg injuries.
    In surgery now.
    And just out of back surgery, too. When I had minor back surgery, I wasn't supposed to drive for a week or so. I hope it wasn't something dumb on his own part, such as driving after taking pain pills, but either way he was driving solo, so at least nobody esle was injured. Maybe it was some mechanical failure like a tire blowout.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya
    Compound leg fractures. His season is over. Maybe even his chance to ever win again at his age.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    And just out of back surgery, too. When I had minor back surgery, I wasn't supposed to drive for a week or so. I hope it wasn't something dumb on his own part, such as driving after taking pain pills, but either way he was driving solo, so at least nobody esle was injured. Maybe it was some mechanical failure like a tire blowout.
    Don't want to get into conjecture, but a tire blowout is highly unlikely. They are too well made nowadays, and Tiger wouldn't be running on bald tires.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Terrible news. I hope he fully recovers.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya
    Ugh.

    bf89e212d8d38f048951ac257a31abc8.jpg

    It was one of this past weekend's tournament courtesy cars (see logo on door). Though he didn't play, Tiger was the tournament host.

    Edit: Also now saying it was a 2-car collision. That changes things (as far as conjecture on his state of mind) significantly.
    Last edited by dudog84; 02-23-2021 at 04:10 PM.

  10. #10
    It's a shame that Tiger has been such a troubled soul. I hope he can eventually outrun his demons, but it sounds like for right now, they've caught up to him again.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    It's a shame that Tiger has been such a troubled soul. I hope he can eventually outrun his demons, but it sounds like for right now, they've caught up to him again.
    I don't know anything about the circumstances either, but isn't it a little early to be attributing this to "demons?" I don't know exactly where this occurred, but Palos Verdes is an area with a lot of difficult and steep terrain. This easily could have had nothing to do with Tiger's "demons," whatever those are.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Don't want to get into conjecture, but a tire blowout is highly unlikely. They are too well made nowadays, and Tiger wouldn't be running on bald tires.
    Don't be so sure. In my 3 month old 2019 IMG_6843.jpgIMG_6845.jpgSUV with about 5000 miles on it and the tires, I had a blowout on I-40. When I got to the roadside about 4 miles later, these pictures are what were left of my tires. I literally road on the tire sidewall for about 3 miles. My can of "Fix-A-Flat" was over-matched!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  13. #13
    The scene of the accident as seen from a traffic helicopter.

    https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/136...499375111?s=20

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    I agree with tommy. Too early to jump to conclusions. I wish him a speedy recovery.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Don't be so sure. In my 3 month old 2019 IMG_6843.jpgIMG_6845.jpgSUV with about 5000 miles on it and the tires, I had a blowout on I-40. When I got to the roadside about 4 miles later, these pictures are what were left of my tires. I literally road on the tire sidewall for about 3 miles. My can of "Fix-A-Flat" was over-matched!
    Holy cow, glad you're ok, and that it was a rear tire. Yeah, I suppose anything is possible but I'd take very long odds on it.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Edit: Also now saying it was a 2-car collision. That changes things (as far as conjecture on his state of mind) significantly.
    Sorry, it's now appearing that Tiger is the culprit whether or not other cars were involved, and whether he was impaired (they say no indication, would they have taken a blood sample and have results yet?) or careless.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...7Jq?li=BBnb7Kz

    Woods' SUV first hit the center median on the road, Villanueva said.

    "From there, [the SUV] then crossed into the opposing lane of traffic, hit the curb, hit a tree, and there were several rollovers during that process," he added.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Derm
    For all we know now there might have been an angry woman chasing him with a 5-iron.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Not funny. Crushed legs and fractured ankle. I hope he can walk again.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Sorry, it's now appearing that Tiger is the culprit whether or not other cars were involved, and whether he was impaired (they say no indication, would they have taken a blood sample and have results yet?) or careless.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...7Jq?li=BBnb7Kz
    They could've asked Tiger for his consent to draw blood. If he did not grant that consent, then the Sheriff's Dept would have had to get a search warrant for it, and would have had to convince a judge that they had probable cause to believe he was impaired. I don't know if they had that or not. The simple fact of an accident would likely be insufficient.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    They could've asked Tiger for his consent to draw blood. If he did not grant that consent, then the Sheriff's Dept would have had to get a search warrant for it, and would have had to convince a judge that they had probable cause to believe he was impaired. I don't know if they had that or not. The simple fact of an accident would likely be insufficient.
    The “no signs of braking” is the most concerning part to me.

Similar Threads

  1. Tiger Woods
    By duketaylor in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 270
    Last Post: 09-22-2018, 06:45 PM
  2. Tiger Woods, not sure which version, 3.14 perhaps
    By duketaylor in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-04-2016, 09:11 PM
  3. Tiger Woods
    By gw67 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 03:02 PM
  4. Tiger Woods/ Bay Hill
    By Channing in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 12:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •