Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    ^ I agree Sage, that's reasonable...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...t-pill-bottle/

Well, according to local legal experts, Woods definitely got preferential treatment, and the pill bottle constituted probable cause. But this is nothing new in LA...
    Two of the three "expert" attorneys quoted in the article actually say they DIDN'T think there was enough for probable cause to get a warrant. Only one did, an attorney named Hart Levin. I know him. He's a nice guy but when the question "who are the top DUI lawyers in LA" comes up, his name is not mentioned. Regardless, the opinions of attorneys as to whether there was enough to get a warrant are largely irrelevant. It's the judge to whom the warrant would be presented by law enforcement whose opinion matters. I have personally spoken to five or six Southern California judges (all of whom handle criminal cases every day) on this issue and not one of them said he/she would have signed the warrant in this case based upon the evidence in the public domain, including the empty unmarked pill bottle. Not one.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Two of the three "expert" attorneys quoted in the article actually say they DIDN'T think there was enough for probable cause to get a warrant. Only one did, an attorney named Hart Levin. I know him. He's a nice guy but when the question "who are the top DUI lawyers in LA" comes up, his name is not mentioned. Regardless, the opinions of attorneys as to whether there was enough to get a warrant are largely irrelevant. It's the judge to whom the warrant would be presented by law enforcement whose opinion matters. I have personally spoken to five or six Southern California judges (all of whom handle criminal cases every day) on this issue and not one of them said he/she would have signed the warrant in this case based upon the evidence in the public domain, including the empty unmarked pill bottle. Not one.
    Did you ask them during the round or in the clubhouse?

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    For all of you worried about what he did and whether he is at fault and what should the police do, step back and look at the big picture. The end result is that he did no harm to anyone else and he is already suffering consequences from his injuries that go way beyond whatever law enforcement could do to him over this incident. There is no need for any more public resource to be spent on this case.
    Ha, ha. Yes, please cease and desist and give him some privacy. That's not how it works, even if his hospital gown isn't red.

Pretty much what I had expected after reading the extent of his injuries. Still strange to hear it from him.

“After my back fusion, I had to climb Mt. Everest one more time. I had to do it, and I did. This time around, I don’t think I’ll have the body to climb Mt. Everest and that’s OK. I can still participate in the game of golf. I can still, if my leg gets OK, I can still click off a tournament here or there. But as far as climbing the mountain again and getting all the way to the top, I don’t think that’s a realistic expectation of me.”
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...D5B?li=BBnb7Kz

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Pretty much what I had expected after reading the extent of his injuries. Still strange to hear it from him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...D5B?li=BBnb7Kz
    His arms were JACKED at the presser. He said crutching around his compound in Florida really built up his arm strength. He will play golf again on the tour it looks like, we just don’t know at what level (competitively, in the mix consistently) and frequency. He already was picking his spots pretty selectively and will even more so now. He wants to sort of mirror what Ben Hogan did his last few years playing competitively. Playing The Masters is a given in my mind, as is the 3 other majors. Maybe a Florida tournament like Bay Hill since he really respects Arnold Palmer and maybe Riviera since he loves the course and is from California. Lastly, maybe the Memorial at Muirfield Village out of respect for Jack. That’s 7/year, don’t know if he’ll play that many but don’t see much more than that. It’s just going to depend on what his body allows. Lot of injuries, golf swings, miles, surgeries, and torque on that body.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    His arms were JACKED at the presser. He said crutching around his compound in Florida really built up his arm strength. He will play golf again on the tour it looks like, we just don’t know at what level (competitively, in the mix consistently) and frequency. He already was picking his spots pretty selectively and will even more so now. He wants to sort of mirror what Ben Hogan did his last few years playing competitively. Playing The Masters is a given in my mind, as is the 3 other majors. Maybe a Florida tournament like Bay Hill since he really respects Arnold Palmer and maybe Riviera since he loves the course and is from California. Lastly, maybe the Memorial at Muirfield Village out of respect for Jack. That’s 7/year, don’t know if he’ll play that many but don’t see much more than that. It’s just going to depend on what his body allows. Lot of injuries, golf swings, miles, surgeries, and torque on that body.
    And he confirmed that amputation of his leg was an option that had definitely been on the table. Chilling to think.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

He's only going to be playing the non-Masters majors a couple more years. His Masters win in 2019 got him a 5-year exemption. Maybe only once more, probably a final "round" in 2023, I don't see him playing next year.

As for other tournaments, I'm pretty sure he can get a sponsor's exemption into any event for the rest of his life.

He's only going to be playing the non-Masters majors a couple more years. His Masters win in 2019 got him a 5-year exemption. Maybe only once more, probably a final "round" in 2023, I don't see him playing next year.

As for other tournaments, I'm pretty sure he can get a sponsor's exemption into any event for the rest of his life.
    Just to clarify — Winning the Masters gives a lifetime exemption to playing The Tunamint although the committee can move you to honorary status when you are no longer mildly competitive (a/k/a the “Doug Ford” rule). The five year exemption is to the other majors.

I assume that’s what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Just to clarify — Winning the Masters gives a lifetime exemption to playing The Tunamint although the committee can move you to honorary status when you are no longer mildly competitive (a/k/a the “Doug Ford” rule). The five year exemption is to the other majors.

OPK, OPK...what about "non-Masters majors" don't you understand? Hard day at work?

That sounds disgusting!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    That sounds disgusting!
    I've heard of peppermint, chocolate mint, spearmint, watermint, mojito mint, margarita mint, but that's a new one.

Somehow it led me to The Feast of the Seven Fishy Cocktails.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    That sounds disgusting!
    It’s how it’s pronounced down here. Seriously.

It’s how it’s pronounced down here. Seriously.
    We’ll need to re-watch Bagger Vance to get a refresher on southern accents

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    We’ll need to re-watch Bagger Vance to get a refresher on southern accents
    Oh dear, that movie…

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell

I believe The Open gives entries to former champion golfers until they reach 60.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Oh dear, that movie…
    Don't worry, I wasn't going to start the debate of whether Bagger was real or a ghost

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I believe The Open gives entries to former champion golfers until they reach 60.
    I did not know that. (say it like Johnny Carson) Good catch.

Tiger to play in PNC Championship with son Charlie

Less than 10 months after nearly losing his leg in a vehicle accident, Tiger is going to tee it up next weekend in the PNC Championship. The 36-hole event begins Dec. 18 in Orlando and is for major champions and a family member.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...ek-son-charlie

Less than 10 months after nearly losing his leg in a vehicle accident, Tiger is going to tee it up next weekend in the PNC Championship. The 36-hole event begins Dec. 18 in Orlando and is for major champions and a family member.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...ek-son-charlie
    Interesting given the context of recent articles about his injury and his return. He clearly doesn't want to "compete" if he doesn't have a real shot at winning. This seems like a good compromise to get out there and play some golf without the need to win looming over him. Smart move.