Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    This made me smile. Question for Huck about scheduling the game.

What would you say to Carolina fans who are questioning whether or not it makes sense to schedule this game considering the result?

“If I'd known we were gonna lose, God Almighty, I wouldn't schedule it then. Come on. We can't operate in damn hindsight. God Almighty. If you told me we were gonna lose, hell no we wouldn't have played the game. If you'd told me we were gonna beat the Lakers, I would've scheduled them. Carolina fans, they're not that dumb. If they are, I got no answer for them.”
    Lest we forget, the TarHeels are coming off a 2019-20 season where they went 6-14 in ACC play and 14-19 overall. Things are not all sweetness and light in Chapel Hill, with Roy or with the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Lest we forget, the TarHeels are coming off a 2019-20 season where they went 6-14 in ACC play and 14-19 overall. Things are not all sweetness and light in Chapel Hill, with Roy or with the fans.
    Oh, we lestn't.

UNC basketball just updated their twitter page.

homegame.jpg

(Yes this is fake)

After this roller coaster season, it sure would be a little piece of joy if our last regular season game managed to BOTH solidify out spot in the tournament and pop UNCs bubble.

Oh what a press conference! I think we have heard this before..
    It starts with “we got out-coached” and then he proceeds to list all the mistakes the players made...missed shots, no box-outs, bad passes, offensive fouls...followed by “it was bad coaching.”
    One of my favorites (aside from the passage quoted upthread):
    “They aren’t disciplined enough to do what I say. We called a set and they went out on the court and changed their minds and ran a different set. It’s bad coaching”

Congrats to Wojo and his team! Let’s go Duke!

Below is actual video of Roy Williams as a child playing with his friends:

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    After this roller coaster season, it sure would be a little piece of joy if our last regular season game managed to BOTH solidify out spot in the tournament and pop UNCs bubble.
    What is going on? UNC gets beat and so does UVA. Is it a sign the ACC is weak this year?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Of course, I can't spork you.. Must spread around blah blah. Concerning more important matters, I am just grateful my coffee cup was empty. No need to be spewing coffee over my keyboard.

Nightmare Scenario?

Does carolina’s loss set up what I believe would be a nightmare scenario where the winner of the Duke/carolina game gets a bid and the loser does not? I think we will beat them, but, from a fan’s perspective, the pressure might be unbearable.

This deserves something greater than sporks. Perhaps make it a sticky at the top.

Or maybe I'll just quote it 18 times.

Quote Originally Posted by szstark View Post
    Does carolina’s loss set up what I believe would be a nightmare scenario where the winner of the Duke/carolina game gets a bid and the loser does not? I think we will beat them, but, from a fan’s perspective, the pressure might be unbearable.
    Except that the trajectories could not be more different. If we are on the bubble at that point, we are still winning. If they are off the bubble, they are collapsing. I see all the pressure in UNC at that point.

Given where we came from a few weeks ago, I would welcome that scenario.

Hey, don't knock it

I'm willing to bet that Calipari only had imaginary friends and that's the only reason he couldn't run over anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by szstark View Post
    If we win our next two, I don't think our game against UNC will be make or break for us. It probably won't be make or break for them either, although if they lose at home to FSU and at Syracuse, things do start to get dicey for them. It would be a solid feather in the cap to either team, but I don't think it will make or break either's season.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    If we win our next two, I don't think our game against UNC will be make or break for us. It probably won't be make or break for them either, although if they lose at home to FSU and at Syracuse, things do start to get dicey for them. It would be a solid feather in the cap to either team, but I don't think it will make or break either's season.
    According to Bracketmatrix, Carolina was a 9 seed coming into last night's game. The game dropped them from 33 in the NET to 44, which shows you how bad it is to lose at home by double-digits to the #100 team in the NET (Marquette rose to 86, but were #100 when the game happened).

#33 in the NET nicely lines up with being a #9 seed so it would seem that team #44 would be a #11 or #12 seed. The calculation from NET to seed isn't exact but it would not be unreasonable to say that Carolina fell to a #11 from that loss... probably among the last 4 teams in the tourney at this point.

The FSU game is sorta ok for them. A loss is very forgivable and a win is a huge feather in your cap. Getting blown out would be a problem but a close loss is not going to hurt them too much. A win and the Heels may not need to beat either Duke or Syracuse to make the dance. A loss and they certainly need to win at least one of those games. I'd say Carolina needs 2 wins in their final 3 to feel really comfortable about their position. One win and the Heels probably need to avoid a hiccup in the ACC tourney, maybe they would need to make the ACC quarterfinals. Lose all three and they would need a nice ACC tourney run to the semi-finals, I think.

Carolina's resume is lacking good wins. Their best wins are beating us in Cameron, beating Stanford and Kentucky on a neutral floor back in December, and a home win over Louisville. Not exactly a murderer's row of wins. But, working in their favor is that they don't have many terrible losses... the Marquette game and the loss at NC State are the only really troublesome results there. The Heels are still in fairly good shape... but they do need to avoid being thrashed by FSU and then having a hangover that lasts to the Monday game with Syracuse.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The ACC Tournament is going to be very interesting. Florida State appears to be the favorite, but feels wide open outside of them.

While I really, really want us to win all three games down the stretch, as I look at the standings and the schedules, I think there is a pretty good chance that winning 2 of 3 to go to 11-7 would get us 4th place in the conference.

Wait, if we are 11-7 and Clemson is 10-6, do we get the #4 seed because we beat them head-to-head?

UVa looks like a 5 seed in the 2021 NCAAT to me, and if they lose one more game either in the regular season or ACC Tournament (early rounds) I could see them with 7 losses and a 6 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    UVa looks like a 5 seed in the 2021 NCAAT to me, and if they lose one more game either in the regular season or ACC Tournament (early rounds) I could see them with 7 losses and a 6 seed.
    Would much rather drop to 6/7 seed than be a 4/5. Team looks pretty disjointed right now anyways so my expectations for postseason are pretty low regardless.

Capel loses another. Au'Diese Toney has entered the transfer portal effective immediately. What's going on with Pitt ?

Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    Would much rather drop to 6/7 seed than be a 4/5. Team looks pretty disjointed right now anyways so my expectations for postseason are pretty low regardless.
    What's your reasoning behind wanting a lower seed? Seems counterintuitive to me.