Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Hope I did a good job of explaining why this Duke team has turned it around recently: https://soundcloud.com/thescore1260/...-boy-green2-22
    Excellent job, Jason!

Your emphasis on improvement on defense being key agrees with what I’ve observed.
    Bob Green

I am very worried about the orange trapping out of the zone in the corners and sidelines. They totally befuddled a good passing ND team w/ their full court press traps. Our guys better be ready.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

One of these days, maybe tonight, our threes aren’t going to go in. Is our defense good enough to win even if our shots aren’t dropping? Are we mature enough to keep our composure even if our threes aren’t going through the hoop? We’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    One of the sportstalk radio stations in New York had me on as a guest this morning to talk Duke v Syracuse.

Hope I did a good job of explaining why this Duke team has turned it around recently: https://soundcloud.com/thescore1260/...-boy-green2-22
    Great job! Though I would have told them to prepare more for Worthington's 3's, Savarino's defense and, in yet another twist, the return of Jalen Johnson.

Interesting how much time was spent talking about Johnson. Boeheim brought that onto himself. I think for most Duke fans, that train has definitely left the station.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

DBR Chat is open!

If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page.

If it's running too fast for you, you can always check out the chat archive to catch up.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    The Orange typically play a shorter rotation than most, and this year is no exception. Especially with the absence of their starting center, they play 6 guys major minutes and anyone else just fringe minutes.
    CDu isn't exaggerating about the 6-man rotation. Syracuse only has one non-starter who plays more than 6.9 mpg (counting DNPs as 0 min). They also played an exhausting game on Saturday (huge comeback). Will fatigue come into play? They historically use their zone to rest tired legs.

Interestingly enough, this year Syracuse is playing a faster pace (69.1 adjusted tempo) than they normally do. And for whatever reason, presumably how Coach K teaches his team to attack the zone, we've sped them up recently when we play them (76 possessions last season and 91 possessions in an OT game (81 per 40 minutes) in 2019. If we continue the trend, that might stress their tired legs more than they're used to. It's a possibility, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    CDu isn't exaggerating about the 6-man rotation. Syracuse only has one non-starter who plays more than 6.9 mpg (counting DNPs as 0 min). They also played an exhausting game on Saturday (huge comeback). Will fatigue come into play? They historically use their zone to rest tired legs.

Interestingly enough, this year Syracuse is playing a faster pace (69.1 adjusted tempo) than they normally do. And for whatever reason, presumably how Coach K teaches his team to attack the zone, we've sped them up recently when we play them (76 possessions last season and 91 possessions in an OT game (81 per 40 minutes) in 2019. If we continue the trend, that might stress their tired legs more than they're used to. It's a possibility, anyway.
    I did not know that (haven't watched much non-Duke ball this year.) Thanks!
    t would be a fun role reversal for Duke to be the one slowing things down since we perform better offensively that way.

Cannot wait for this game! Our play this weekend was fantastic. If we can carry that over to this game I might start feeling really good about how this season might play out.

So glad we’re going to hear Jay‘s take on the Jalen Johnson’s decision. I don’t know what I would’ve done watching this game without hearing him tell us what he thinks about it.

I think it’s clear this Duke team is displaying strong signs of peaking at the right time. I would compare Johnson’s departure to Sulaimon’s dismissal in 2015 in terms of post departure/dismissal performance for the overall success/trajectory of the Duke team.

If this high level of play continues for Duke, I would not want to see them as a 10ish seed in my bracket in the NCAAT. They could defy odds and go on a 2016 Cuse style final four run (Cuse was a 10 seed that year).

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    I think it’s clear this Duke team is displaying strong signs of peaking at the right time. I would compare Johnson’s departure to Sulaimon’s dismissal in 2015 in terms of post departure/dismissal for the overall success/trajectory of the Duke team.

If this high level of play continues for Duke, I would not want to see them as a 10ish seed in my bracket in the NCAAT. They could defy odds and go on a 2016 final four run.
    Definitely playing much better. Still room for growth - need to rebound better

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    So glad we’re going to hear Jay‘s take on the Jalen Johnson’s decision. I don’t know what I would’ve done watching this game without hearing him tell us what he thinks about it.
    Someone on the thread mentioned a mute button. I’d never used it before; quite the techno achievement when one realizes Bilas is starting a self-imposed rant. Just wish I could program the button to unmute when he’s finished.

Mark Williams is going to be a problem.

So is Steward

Really liking what I'm seeing, and once again we're hitting from 3 point land!

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    So is Steward
    Man Steward has such a nice shot! He plays so hard! I love that kid!

The route is on!

Let’s Go Duke!

Man Steward has such a nice shot! He plays so hard! I love that kid!
    Agree...DJ is fun to watch.

Huge problem and people are noticing — believe me.

Making mistakes now- this team can come back in a hurry