Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ymm, Chocolate

Ymm, Chocolate

Well, amusedcupcake was treated to chocolate by he who shall not be named on Valentine's Day, so whaddayagot?

Mild? Dark? Semi-sweet?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Dark, dark, dark! Get that milk crap away from me!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Well, amusedcupcake was treated to chocolate by he who shall not be named on Valentine's Day, so whaddayagot?

Mild? Dark? Semi-sweet?
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Dark, dark, dark! Get that milk crap away from me!
    https://brasstownchocolate.com/

Thank me later.

As long as it's not white, I'm pretty much in (though I often don't love chocolate ice cream).

As a general matter, I will skip past any non-chocolate desserts when ordering from a menu, with a very limited handful of exceptions.
    If choosing the dessert to be made, like say for my birthday, it will 100% always include chocolate.
    Chocolate cream pie is the best pie (fight me).

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    As long as it's not white, I'm pretty much in (though I often don't love chocolate ice cream).

As a general matter, I will skip past any non-chocolate desserts when ordering from a menu, with a very limited handful of exceptions.
    If choosing the dessert to be made, like say for my birthday, it will 100% always include chocolate.
    Chocolate cream pie is the best pie (fight me).
    You have obviously never had my mother-in-law's apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Or her pound cake. Or her banana pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by amusedcupcake View Post
    You have obviously never had my mother-in-law's apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Or her pound cake. Or her banana pudding.
    Banana pudding is actually one of the non-chocolate things on my list...my mother makes fantastic homemade stuff.
    Apple pie is good, and I eat it at Thanksgiving, etc., but it's not something I dream about the way I dream about chocolate.
    Pound cake, you can have. I don't care who made it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Banana pudding is actually one of the non-chocolate things on my list...my mother makes fantastic homemade stuff.
    Apple pie is good, and I eat it at Thanksgiving, etc., but it's not something I dream about the way I dream about chocolate.
    Pound cake, you can have. I don't care who made it.
    What if it is chocolate pound cake? She has been known to make that version by special request

I'm available. Oh wait, that's the pie thread.

Give me a piece of 60% Cacao and I'm content. Anything darker is too bitter. Don't add mint or almonds, it ruins it. Milk chocolate OK in a pinch, but just not the same satisfaction.

My two exceptions are homemade banana pudding and Kilwin's salted caramel ice cream.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Give me a piece of 60% Cacao and I'm content. Anything darker is too bitter. Don't add mint or almonds, it ruins it. Milk chocolate OK in a pinch, but just not the same satisfaction.

My two exceptions are homemade banana pudding and Killwin's salted caramel ice cream.
    I *might* go a bit darkerer/bitterer (sic) on an occasion but 60% is about the "sweet" spot (yea, I really typed that). Dark>milk.

Ymm, puddings and ice creams...

I come from a long line of chocoholics. It is in my genes. Milk>dark. White is horrible. Nothing beats a good chocolate cake. Chocolate chip cookies are great. I have strong opinions on the merits of different chocolate bars. Entenmann's devil's food donuts with the crumbs on them are a personal favorite but very hard to find. I forego a lot of other foods and drinks to indulge my chocolate habit and not be morbidly obese.

As a chocoholic who is always looking for a good deal, I am kicking myself for recently forgetting one of my three favorite days of the year - day after Valentine's Day, day after Easter and day after Halloween - when all of the chocolate they are selling is suddenly half off because the holiday is over.

1. Dark
    2. White
    3. Skip chocolate and have something else

What if it is chocolate pound cake? She has been known to make that version by special request
    That might nudge me in the right direction, but still...why not just make chocolate cake?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I come from a long line of chocoholics. It is in my genes. Milk>dark. White is horrible. Nothing beats a good chocolate cake. Chocolate chip cookies are great. I have strong opinions on the merits of different chocolate bars. Entenmann's devil's food donuts with the crumbs on them are a personal favorite but very hard to find. I forego a lot of other foods and drinks to indulge my chocolate habit and not be morbidly obese.

As a chocoholic who is always looking for a good deal, I am kicking myself for recently forgetting one of my three favorite days of the year - day after Valentine's Day, day after Easter and day after Halloween - when all of the chocolate they are selling is suddenly half off because the holiday is over.
    Hey, you still have the day after Easter

How long will it be until someone starts the Ymm, Cannabis thread?

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    I thought that's how all the other Ymmm threads got their start!

Ymm, cannabis infused chocolate.

Don't tempt *some* people. (It won't be me/I/myself; not gonna get sloppy.)

Chocoholics run in the family. My mother was one. She was quite content with Hershey Kisses. Godiva chocolates were wasted on her. I would go for the Godiva, better yet Panache*, over Hershey Kisses if they are available (and I'm not paying).

* Link: https://www.parkplaceleawood.com/sto...er/2138968909/

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

My two exceptions are homemade banana pudding and Kilwin's salted caramel ice cream.
    Kilwin's Chocolate Caramel Cashew ice cream in the waffle cone is my favorite dessert. Ymm, chocolate.

It tastes best in Blowing Rock, NC. Sitting on a bench in the park across the street.