Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ymm, Chocolate

Dark all the way. With heat whenever possible.

Current favorite chocolate bar is one called Firecracker, by Chuao chocolatier. Dark chocolate with cayenne pepper and pop rocks. Amazing. Starts with a smooth, rich dark chocolate taste, then the heat begins to come through. At the very end you get the little explosions.

This is a must-try if you like chocolate and you like spicy food. The pop rocks at the end just add an element of fun.

I hate the taste of coffee, and dark chocolate is basically just coffee in bar form. White chocolate is perfectly good almond roca but with all the almonds sucked out. Edible, but why?

Low melting-point milk chocolate, on the other hand? Awesome. Add a couple of filberts (as my father would say), and it achieves perfection.

Chocolate is always tasty with peanut butter.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Dark all the way. With heat whenever possible.

Current favorite chocolate bar is one called Firecracker, by Chuao chocolatier. Dark chocolate with cayenne pepper and pop rocks. Amazing. Starts with a smooth, rich dark chocolate taste, then the heat begins to come through. At the very end you get the little explosions.

This is a must-try if you like chocolate and you like spicy food. The pop rocks at the end just add an element of fun.
    Yes. No heat. #$%# Tripping William and RJ199 already have me halfway enjoying imperial stouts with some heat. Don't ruin chocolate for me, please.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Chocolate is always tasty with peanut butter.
    Yes, yes it is.

CRUNCHY!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Banana pudding is actually one of the non-chocolate things on my list...my mother makes fantastic homemade stuff.
    Apple pie is good, and I eat it at Thanksgiving, etc., but it's not something I dream about the way I dream about chocolate.
    Pound cake, you can have. I don't care who made it.
    Have you eaten banana pudding cake? My wife's cousin owns a bakery in downtown W/S and Mrs. jvoo1 is helping her out a couple of days a week. They have a banana pudding cake that everyone loves. I've not had it because I'm hooked on their chocolate eclair. I evidently got the chocolate craving from my Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Have you eaten banana pudding cake? My wife's cousin owns a bakery in downtown W/S and Mrs. jvoo1 is helping her out a couple of days a week. They have a banana pudding cake that everyone loves. I've not had it because I'm hooked on their chocolate eclair. I evidently got the chocolate craving from my Mom.
    No, but that sounds delicious! Can we make a wager that you'll lose just so you can send me one of those?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Next time we're passing through...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    No, but that sounds delicious! Can we make a wager that you'll lose just so you can send me one of those?
    Not a betting man. I'm unlucky. In raffles or things of that nature, I never win. However, years ago the Moose Lodge would raffle off a new truck. The way it worked was the Lodge sold $100 tickets and then on set night they drew out tickets. If your ticket was pulled you were out of the running for the truck. On two such nights, our tickets were left in the bucket until there were 3 left. At that time, if you wanted to sell your ticket or buy someone else ticket you had 10 minutes to make the deal. Both times we sold our tickets for over $1000. That's the only kind of bet I win. As for the banana pudding cake, if you're in W/S I can get you a deal on one.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Next time we're passing through...
    That sounds great.