Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ACCN Duke on TV - ACC tournament

Are all Duke games on ACCN or are they ALL on ACCN?
    ~rthomas

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Today and tomorrow, ACC ‘network, Quarters thru final on ESPN or ESPN2.

Wake me up when we play on a station I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It’s hit or miss, but sometimes if you look for “Duke Louisville Live” on YouTube you can find someone streaming it. Sometimes the stream works the whole game, sometimes it’s in and out, sometimes it gets shut down quickly. Or alternatively can listen to the radio stream on tunein radio. At least until Comcast and the ACCN end this silly feud.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Uh oh, did you get rid of your cable subscription?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Uh oh, did you get rid of your cable subscription?
    Comcast/Xfinity still doesn't carry ACCN
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Are all Duke games on ACCN or are they ALL on ACCN?
    I am fully prepared for an announcement that the entire NCAA tournament will be broadcast on the ACCN this year.

Oh, and exclusive rights to all of Duke's games next season will be sold to an offshoot of the ACCN only available in the Faroe Islands.

I forgot to cancel the free 7-day trial of Hulu+ I signed up for in order to watch last week's Duke-Ga Tech game. So I get to watch the first 2 rounds of the ACC tournament for the low, low price of $65 (in addition to the gazillions I am spending each month with Comcast so that my wife and I can watch Dr. Pol).
    Last edited by House P; 03-10-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    I am fully prepared for an announcement that the entire NCAA tournament will be broadcast on the ACCN this year.

Oh, and exclusive rights to all of Duke's games next season will be sold to an offshoot of the ACCN only available in the Faroe Islands.

I forgot to cancel the free 7-day trial of Hulu+ I signed up for in order to watch last week's Duke-Ga Tech game. So I get to watch the first 2 rounds of the ACC tournament for the low, low price of $65 (in addition to the gazillions I am spending each month with Comcast so that my wife and I can watch Dr. Pol).
    Yeah, the recent three card monty with broadcast rights has made this so much more complicated. It has also stripped much of the value out of a paid subscription to goduke.com, which used to provide full video replays of all bball games and streaming video broadcasts for early season scrimmages and exhibition play.

BTW, if Dr. Pol is the only reason your immortal soul belongs to Comcast (which is what it always felt like to me before I got out from under their thumb), I'd recommend Disney+ instead. In addition to Pixar, Disney classics, Star Wars, and Marvel, they have national geographic content, including Dr. Pol.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDevil View Post
    BTW, if Dr. Pol is the only reason your immortal soul belongs to Comcast (which is what it always felt like to me before I got out from under their thumb), I'd recommend Disney+ instead. In addition to Pixar, Disney classics, Star Wars, and Marvel, they have national geographic content, including Dr. Pol.
    It also bundles with Hulu for a discount, in case you actually like Hulu.

Respect

Duke versus Louisville. One and a half Blue Bloods, OK two Blue Bloods. Last time we played, two weeks ago!, It went to overtime. Both teams playing for their tournament lives. Yet we get relegated to the new Ocho: the ACCNetwork - without even the +! Good times! But GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by kidA View Post
    Duke versus Louisville. One and a half Blue Bloods, OK two Blue Bloods. Last time we played, two weeks ago!, It went to overtime. Both teams playing for their tournament lives. Yet we get relegated to the new Ocho: the ACCNetwork - without even the +! Good times! But GO DUKE!
    Just so we are clear, if Gonzaga and Baylor were somehow moved to the ACC and were to play in the ACC quarterfinals, it would still be broadcast on the ACC Network. It has nothing to do with the teams in question and everything to do with the ACCN contract with the league.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    It also bundles with Hulu for a discount, in case you actually like Hulu.
    The Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle for $12.99 (I think) is one of the best streaming deals around IMO (I think I've watched like one event on ESPN+ in the past two years, but it does also get you past the paywall for the paywalled ESPN articles and it would be a great deal even if it was just Disney and Hulu).

Of course that doesn't get you the ACCN (ESPN+ is separate) so you would still need to switch to another provider (either Satellite or one of the streaming options that carries the ACCN like HuluTV, YoutubeTV, Sling, etc*).

*Note that those are just examples of streaming services, I didn't actually check which ones carry the ACCN although I assume Hulu does

Here's my point:

Louisville - Duke is on a third world network that most people don't have access to.

Kansas State (8-19) vs TCU (12-13) is on ESPN at the exact same time.
    ~rthomas

Here's my point:

Louisville - Duke is on a third world network that most people don't have access to.

Kansas State (8-19) vs TCU (12-13) is on ESPN at the exact same time.
    Sounds like a conference West Virginia really oughtn't be in.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Sounds like a conference West Virginia really oughtn't be in.
    lol. OK. Not feeling that bad about being able to watch WVU, except our game with Ok State is on at 11:30 Thursday, when I am <supposed> to be working. BUT I want to watch the ACC tournament and all Duke games.
    ~rthomas

lol. OK. Not feeling that bad about being able to watch WVU, except our game with Ok State is on at 11:30 Thursday, when I am <supposed> to be working. BUT I want to watch the ACC tournament and all Duke games.
    And I want WVU to be ACC #16!

But the Stones said something pithy about wants.

It may be that Duke wins if the ACCN gods forbid me to watch. If so, I will live with it.
    ~rthomas

I switched from Xfinity/Comcast to streaming due to the ACCN. And I have never looked back. The best thing about streaming is no contracts. I've switched around. PlayStation Vue was the best, but they died. Hulu Live was only OK. YouTube TV seems to be the best, and I'm sticking with that (for now). And I'm saving hundreds per year no longer tied to cable. I know I sound like a commercial, but it's true. With the savings, I got the Disney+ bundle and CBS All-Access/Paramount+ and still save money over Xfinity...

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Duke Louisville

For those Xfinity subscribers according to my guide the Duke Louisville game will be rebroadcast on ESPNU at 4 am Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by gotoguy View Post
    For those Xfinity subscribers according to my guide the Duke Louisville game will be rebroadcast on ESPNU at 4 am Thursday
    ESPNU is showing Syracuse vs NCSU at 4 am. My schedule shows Duke vs Louisville at 8:00 am Thursday.