Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Wendell Moore did a media avail today. In light of what has been discussed in this thread, I found this quote very interesting:
    The phrasing of the question was funny to me, "what did you tell your younger teammates?"

He's only older than some of the freshmen, and only by a matter of weeks.

Heck, Joey Baker and Jaemyn Brakefield are within a few weeks of each other in terms of date of birth.

This is such a young team.

Watching College GameDay this morning and liked what I heard form Joe Lunardi. He predicted Duke to win out the rest of the season, make a solid run in the ACC tournament, and make the NCAA's. I'm here for that energy Joe!

Let's Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    Watching College GameDay this morning and liked what I heard form Joe Lunardi. He predicted Duke to win out the rest of the season, make a solid run in the ACC tournament, and make the NCAA's. I'm here for that energy Joe!

Let's Go Duke!
    That is a pretty bold prediction. Maybe just get through tonight.

Let's Go Duke!
    Joey Brackets knows where his bread is buttered!!! Let's do this!!!

Let's Go Duke!
    Wow...is that what he said? My husband (who doesn’t always listen carefully, so could definitely have mis-heard) told me he said that Duke needed to win out and have a solid ACC tourney in order to make the NCAA’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    Wow...is that what he said? My husband (who doesn’t always listen carefully, so could definitely have mis-heard) told me he said that Duke needed to win out and have a solid ACC tourney in order to make the NCAA’s.
    Regardless of what Lunardi actually said, if Duke wins out in the regular season, I'm confident they're making the tournament. I don't think it will matter even if Duke loses its first game in the ACC Tournament - wins against UVA, UNC, Louisville, and Syracuse will be enough. Any wins in the ACC tourney will be gravy in terms of improving Duke's seeding.

In my opinion, Coach K canceling the non-conference games has hurt the team's development, and a couple of the team's subsequent conference losses may have been avoided with the extra game reps that those missed non-conference games would have provided. But I think the committee will give Duke the benefit of the doubt when it comes to not having played those games, as well as the FSU game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    Okay...my husband just corrected me...apparently Bilas is the one that said this (no surprise). And Lunardi said the Duke could be a surprise, so maybe he DID make a bold prediction. I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    The phrasing of the question was funny to me, "what did you tell your younger teammates?"

He's only older than some of the freshmen, and only by a matter of weeks.

Heck, Joey Baker and Jaemyn Brakefield are within a few weeks of each other in terms of date of birth.

This is such a young team.
    Well, I asked the question, so glad to provide a moment of mirth.

Moore, Hurt, Baker and Goldwire are the only current Duke players who have ever played against UVA's pack line and they combined for all of six points in last year's loss, two for everybody on that list except for Hurt, who played nine minutes. So, yes, it is odd that sophomores are viewed as the voice of experience but that's the world Duke lives in. Krzyzewski consistently talks about Hurt and Moore as veterans.

I'm sure I'm not the only one old enough to remember the adage that the only good thing about sophomores is that they eventually become juniors. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Well, I asked the question, so glad to provide a moment of mirth.

Moore, Hurt, Baker and Goldwire are the only current Duke players who have ever played against UVA's pack line and they combined for all of six points in last year's loss, two for everybody on that list except for Hurt, who played nine minutes. So, yes, it is odd that sophomores are viewed as the voice of experience but that's the world Duke lives in. Krzyzewski consistently talks about Hurt and Moore as veterans.

I'm sure I'm not the only one old enough to remember the adage that the only good thing about sophomores is that they eventually become juniors. Good times.
    I'm just happy we have a couple freshmen that became sophomores.
    Hoping for more of the same for next year and Moore joining Joey as an upperclassman.

DBR Chat is open!

If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page.

If it's running too fast for you, you can always check out the chat archive to catch up.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

Damn. Jay Bilas calling our game after a big win by UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlBluRew View Post
    And Teddy V officiating...

Is William Avery still working with the Duke staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    And Teddy V officiating...
    We’re doomed.

There was a light on in my room in that shot of the Clocktower.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlBluRew View Post
    Jay will be on Franklin St after the gm.

Need to play better D- UVa is getting anything they want

Ummm, Hurt didn't put on that much muscle during the off-season.

I see K is back to his lifelong pursuit of playing an entire game with all five guys under 6 foot three.

Brakefield!!