Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ymm, Turkey

Ymm, Turkey

Thought I would pull a lot of praise in multiple threads for America's most noble bird into a single thread. Through some fluke, it seems we have a large number of turkey enthusiasts on this board. I, for one, am not surprised. Turkey meat is a healthy, lean meat with a high protein per gram, making it a wonderful addition to the health conscious eater's plate. It provides more meat/bird than a chicken, pigeon, duck, quail, sparrow, barn owl, or any of the other major good-eating birds. It is clearly in the top 5 - probably 3 - meats.

Once near extinction in the U.S., turkey is a noble bird and a large section of Americans consider themselves Franklin national bird purists. That is, they believe, like Benjamin Franklin, the turkey is the obvious choice for American national bird over noted scavenger the bald eagle.

Turkey is great in many dishes. Traditional americana, Indian curries, Mexican stews, Kansas City chilis, southwest chiles, incased as sausage.

This thread is for your favorite turkey recipes. Thread access is by permission only.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Thought I would pull a lot of praise in multiple threads for America's most noble bird into a single thread. Through some fluke, it seems we have a large number of turkey enthusiasts on this board. I, for one, am not surprised. Turkey meat is a healthy, lean meat with a high protein per gram, making it a wonderful addition to the health conscious eater's plate. It provides more meat/bird than a chicken, pigeon, duck, quail, sparrow, barn owl, or any of the other major good-eating birds. It is clearly in the top 5 - probably 3 - meats.

Once near extinction in the U.S., turkey is a noble bird and a large section of Americans consider themselves Franklin national bird purists. That is, they believe, like Benjamin Franklin, the turkey is the obvious choice for American national bird over noted scavenger the bald eagle.

Turkey is great in many dishes. Traditional americana, Indian curries, Mexican stews, Kansas City chilis, southwest chiles, incased as sausage.

This thread is for your favorite turkey recipes. Thread access is by permission only.
    Sounds fowl.

Mods shut this down. This is a personal attack.

...Thread access is by permission only.
    Quote Originally Posted by amusedcupcake View Post
    Sounds fowl.
    You're talon me.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yep.

OP being a real jerk-key.

Yep.

OP being a real jerk-key.
    This cupcake is unamused.

Sounds fowl.
    Way to wing it.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Only if your name is Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Only if your name is Tom.
    The turkey is the 9th best meat. We all agreed. Bundabergdevil knows this and still started this thread as a personal attack against me. He's viscous.

Clearly I need to have a word with the thread bouncers.

This is supposed to be a safe space for turkey aficionados, enthusiasts, and the turkey-curious.

My wife has baked ours for decades for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. Lately, our older son-in-law has taken to deep frying the birds with excellent results. Moist and tender with a slightly crispy skin. Beef tenderloin has pretty much replaced the bird for Christmas dinners.

Clearly I need to have a word with the thread bouncers.

This is supposed to be a safe space for turkey aficionados, enthusiasts, and the turkey-curious.
    I am so mad at how good a term "turkey-curious" is. It's genius. And that makes it worse.

I love turkey in curry as leftovers after Thanksgiving. I’ve never been a boil the carcass soup person, so curry is my option.

The turkey is the 9th best meat. We all agreed. Bundabergdevil knows this and still started this thread as a personal attack against me. He's viscous.
    No, this is viscous:

a619a52efe21101aa472f85e78e58d4e_640x640.jpg

26.gif

Ha! Vicious! But you are correct here.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I love turkey in curry as leftovers after Thanksgiving. I’ve never been a boil the carcass soup person, so curry is my option.
    Big plus one on this. On account of the wife being Scottish, she’s got an arsenal of British-style Indian curries in her recipe book. The turkey curries are always great.

That’d go great with a mesquite smoked turkey leg.

This would be a great time to move a buncha posts into this thread from "elsewhere" on the deeber to keep this "on topic." It is possible to move posts surreptitiously from one thread to another, amirite?

(a friend asked me to inquire)
    Last edited by devildeac; 02-17-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Don't know about him, but I hear his gravy is.

Day 2 turkey:

sliced with a bit of gravy, mashed (or sweet) potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce/salad and dressing (or stuffing).