Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ymm, Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Pretty sure the coyotes decimated the turkeys at my sister's house. Had been 13 turkeys but the number dwindled to 1 - and not convinced that one is around. There were 4 coyotes sitting in the snow in her back yard the other day.
    Is she here in Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Pretty sure the coyotes decimated the turkeys at my sister's house. Had been 13 turkeys but the number dwindled to 1 - and not convinced that one is around. There were 4 coyotes sitting in the snow in her back yard the other day.
    Tom’s are tough but not that tough.

This entire thread makes me feel so much like Henry II.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    This entire thread makes me feel so much like Henry II.
    Explain.

You are the Thomas Becket of turkey. A turbulent turkey priest.

You are the Thomas Becket of turkey. A turbulent turkey priest.
    The internet says Becket was murdered by a mob of Henry 2’s followers in front of a church.

That’s an aggressive position.

And I don't want your brains scooped out with a sword in the knave of Duke Chapel or anything. But I would be cool if you got a splinter or stubbed your toe. Maybe even barked your shin, but that seems mean.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    The internet says Becket was murdered by a mob of Henry 2’s followers in front of a church.

That’s an aggressive position.
    I always more pictured you as the Savonarola of snoods. In a good way, of course.

If there's any turkey left on day 3, my wife makes a pretty tasty turkey salad and I'd be ok with that instead of a hot brown, but then I'd have to forego the bacon. (could always have it as a "side" or as a topping on the turkey salad sandwich)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

My wife and I make a turkey pot pie that is absolutely divine. I'm comfortable proclaiming it the apotheosis of the dish, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I always more pictured you as the Savonarola of snoods. In a good way, of course.
    Whoa! Huge Jerome Savonarola reference!

Whoa! Huge Jerome Savonarola reference!
    The Agony and the Ecstasy is one of my favorite books.

The movie, however, sucks and should be avoided.

I reacted to the Savonarola reference the way Jules reacted to Jimmy's coffee. That was not a Taster's Choice reference. That was some serious gourmet...stuff.

There are some very specific chat conversations and references occurring here and nowhere else in the world. It's like seeing a jazz band riff at a night club. No one else in the world watches that magic happen.

It's just this magic pairs turkey with very specific period references.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    My wife and I make a turkey pot pie that is absolutely divine. I'm comfortable proclaiming it the apotheosis of the dish, in fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    If there's any turkey left on day 3, my wife makes a pretty tasty turkey salad and I'd be ok with that instead of a hot brown, but then I'd have to forego the bacon. (could always have it as a "side" or as a topping on the turkey salad sandwich)

Recipes, please!

There are some very specific chat conversations and references occurring here and nowhere else in the world. It's like seeing a jazz band riff at a night club. No one else in the world watches that magic happen.
    We are the Sultans ...

We are the Sultans ...
    ...of snood!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Is she here in Texas?
    No, she is in Ottawa, KS. Brother and his daughter are in Texas. They deal with feral hogs on the ranch, I believe.

...of snood!
    “Must spread Sporkz...”

Day 2 I like to have something that has turkey in it, but otherwise does not resemble the Thanksgiving meal at all.

So I make a pasta dish with zucchini, garlic, turkey and nice bechamel sauce with a bit of parmesan thrown in (not quite an alfredo sauce, but trending that direction). Delicious.

I also like turkey tetrazzini as a day 2 dish, but my wife hates mushrooms, and if you omit them, it kind of ruins the whole point. But it's a baked pasta, and that's definitely a plus.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Day 2 I like to have something that has turkey in it, but otherwise does not resemble the Thanksgiving meal at all.

So I make a pasta dish with zucchini, garlic, turkey and nice bechamel sauce with a bit of parmesan thrown in (not quite an alfredo sauce, but trending that direction). Delicious.

I also like turkey tetrazzini as a day 2 dish, but my wife hates mushrooms, and if you omit them, it kind of ruins the whole point. But it's a baked pasta, and that's definitely a plus.
    I support this approach. These days, I usually do a roasted turkey and a smoked one. The roasted leftovers go in the pot pie, and smoked go in enchiladas.