Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ymm, Cookies

Ymm, Cookies

Because amusedcupcake's other, not better, half treated her to chocolate chip cookies on Valentine's Day, this thread's for her.

What's your favorite to put in the cookie jar?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Ok, I'll go first:

My wife's homemade oatmeal chocolate chip with pecan/pee-can/pee-cahn delicacies.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ok, I'll go first:

My wife's homemade oatmeal chocolate chip with pecan/pee-can/pee-cahn delicacies.
    Nuts have no place in cookies. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I think he just did.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I think he just did.
    Oh. Well nevermind then.

Half dozen or dozen of my wife's above-mentioned cookies for a 4 bagger or 6er of the Ghost in the Machine IPA you mentioned earlier this week. No bets, don't wanna get the cookie thread locked. Your move.

Game's off of course if there is a nut allergy involved. I'm in this for health, fun and enjoyment, unless there's a Defenestrator involved.

Ok, I'll go first:

I need this recipe! Unless it's a secret or something...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    What he said! (Along with the cake recipe - I'm going to owe Mrs. DD a lot of wine at this rate.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    What he said! (Along with the cake recipe - I'm going to owe Mrs. DD a lot of wine at this rate.)
    She hasn't found the multi-layer sour cream coconut cake recipe yet but I'll remind her this weekend. The cookie recipe should be pretty easy. Stay tuned. Mayber one glass of wine will suffice along with a Tefnut for the middle man. (yes, shameless )

Because amusedcupcake's other, not better, half treated her to chocolate chip cookies on Valentine's Day, this thread's for her.

What's your favorite to put in the cookie jar?
    I love chocolate chip cookies. Good ones, bad ones, whatever. Of course I love the good ones more. I try not to buy them because when I do, they don't last (and since I've been labelled pre-diabetic by my doctor for a couple of years now, I'm trying to cut down on sugar intake). I could literally eat them every day.

Well said, ClemmonsDevil, same goes for brownies. I rarely like nuts in my sweets (plus I really don't like Pecans at all and Almonds and cashews don't exactly do it for me either). Basically if I'm eating nuts as a snack it'll be peanuts (and I eat peanut butter every day).

If your cookies don't have any chocolate in them, you're a communist.
    If you put raisins in your cookies, you should be in prison.

Fight me.

A few years ago, someone posted the Duke Chocolate Cookie Recipe. There was a step in there I wasn't familiar with - dissolving the baking soda in hot water. I never mentions how much water. Any thoughts?

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...-House-Cookies

A few years ago, someone posted the Duke Chocolate Cookie Recipe. There was a step in there I wasn't familiar with - dissolving the baking soda in hot water. I never mentions how much water. Any thoughts?

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...-House-Cookies
    Not being much of a cookie maker/baker, my WAG would be a tablespoon or two, just enough to make it non-powdery and non-cakey, but not enough to make it watery.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    If your cookies don't have any chocolate in them, you're a communist.
    If you put raisins in your cookies, you should be in prison.

Fight me.
    Agree except that one of my favorite cookies is a good Snickerdoodle.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I love chocolate chip cookies. Good ones, bad ones, whatever. Of course I love the good ones more. I try not to buy them because when I do, they don't last (and since I've been labelled pre-diabetic by my doctor for a couple of years now, I'm trying to cut down on sugar intake). I could literally eat them every day.

Well said, ClemmonsDevil, same goes for brownies. I rarely like nuts in my sweets (plus I really don't like Pecans at all and Almonds and cashews don't exactly do it for me either). Basically if I'm eating nuts as a snack it'll be peanuts (and I eat peanut butter every day).
    I'm ok with nuts in some cookies - Chocolate Bittersweets, Pecan Tassies, Wedding Cake cookies, etc. Sometimes in brownings. But never in fudge!

I'm ok with nuts in some cookies - Chocolate Bittersweets, Pecan Tassies, Wedding Cake cookies, etc. Sometimes in brownings. But never in fudge!
    Pecans get along well in almost any other environment, even beer (just not in chunks/pieces, of course ).

I'm a fan of speculaas (Dutch almond cookies) myself, although almost never make them at home and just buy them, instead. Crisp, spiced, and delicious, and no almond pieces, so the "nut in cookies" argument does not truly apply. Besides, are almonds even really nuts at all?

No chocolate, though, so I guess I'm a commie. That's OK. I've been called worse.

So my specialty, I have been told, are my Oatmeal Raisin Craisin cookies. I use gourmet thick-cut oatmeal. Cup of raisins, cup of craisins. They have lots of fiber. My dad called them Colon-Blow cookies. I always bake them to take on vacation. Keep us regular. And they're delicious, which makes them dangerous b/c you want to keep eating them.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    ... My dad called them Colon-Blow cookies. I always bake them to take on vacation. Keep us regular..
    I sense a marketing opportunity!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I sense a marketing opportunity!
    Oh, yes, I have considered it. I can't post here what our slogan was going to be.