Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I see that all the women's softball teams huddle up along the baseline in-between innings. Why not just use the dugout? When did they start doing that?

Duke softball takes 2 from Syracuse today, achieving their 100th victory in the sport. Congrats to the program!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    I see that all the women's softball teams huddle up along the baseline in-between innings. Why not just use the dugout? When did they start doing that?
    Easier for the coach to communicate with the whole team. Too spread out in the dugout, and the coach would probably need to be on the outside for everybody to hear her.

Easier for the coach to communicate with the whole team. Too spread out in the dugout, and the coach would probably need to be on the outside for everybody to hear her.
    Right, but you don't see that in Men's College or Major League Baseball. Are the dugouts smaller in softball... smaller field, smaller dugouts?

Up 6-1 through 3 in the series clincher. Looks like another sweep coming...is there anyone good besides us in the ACC? This just feels too easy.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Big series coming up this weekend with Clemson who is ranked #23 with a record of 20-2.

Dr. Pangloss - Candide

As pointed out above stuff gets real after this. Next 12 games are with ranked opponents. Regular season is half over--25 more games to go. Our games so far have been against the bottom of the conference. Remainder against Clemson, Virginia Tech, Florida State, Louisville, Cheaters, and State. (Plus one non-conference game against Campbell.) Unlikely to be 24-1 for that stretch, but it is better to be where we are than not. They are fun to watch. Wish we could be there in person.

Hard schedule coming up but don’t see why LSU are ranked higher. That said, this team only goes as far as Peyton, Claire, and Shelby can take them on the mound.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Softball moves up to #11 in the rankings.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softba...y/nfca-coaches
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Softball moves up to #11 in the rankings.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softba...y/nfca-coaches
    The ranking will be tested this weekend. We take on #20 Clemson for a 4-game away series this weekend, starting Friday at 5:00pm. The first and third games are streaming on ACCNX, while the second and fourth games can be seen on ACCN, for those that have them.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    The ranking will be tested this weekend. We take on #20 Clemson for a 4-game away series this weekend, starting Friday at 5:00pm. The first and third games are streaming on ACCNX, while the second and fourth games can be seen on ACCN, for those that have them.
    I have confidence. We played South Carolina really strongly in their house, and while they aren't as high as they were then, they are still a ranked team with a program to aspire to. It was only one game, but we beat them 5-1.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I have confidence. We played South Carolina really strongly in their house, and while they aren't as high as they were then, they are still a ranked team with a program to aspire to. It was only one game, but we beat them 5-1.
    It will certainly be the biggest test so far, with Clemson on a winning run almost as long as ours. I look forward to seeing what we can bring against a top-25 team on the road. Expecting to keep the winning streak fully intact is a big ask, but a series win would sure be good to see. LGD!

It will certainly be the biggest test so far, with Clemson on a winning run almost as long as ours. I look forward to seeing what we can bring against a top-25 team on the road. Expecting to keep the winning streak fully intact is a big ask, but a series win would sure be good to see. LGD!
    I'm with you...and regardless of the outcome, it's been fun to watch this program fly so high so fast.

Rittman is a stud coach, it will be interesting to see adjustments by him and Coach Young throughout the series.

Duke takes a 1-0 lead over Clemson in the 5th.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Duke takes a 1-0 lead over Clemson in the 5th.
    Jacobsen adds a solo shot to make it 2-0 with two out in the 6th.

A four bagger puts Duke up 2-0 in the 6th.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

The Duke starter, who now has over 100 pitches, strands a runner on 3rd and gets thru the sixth.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    The Duke starter, who now has over 100 pitches, strands a runner on 3rd and gets thru the sixth.
    The announcers were talking about the Clemson starter throwing a complete, 11-inning game earlier in the season after having thrown 175+ pitches, to address some of the questions up thread about softball pitching. Softball definitely is not baseball when it comes to pitching.