Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    So with the series sweep and Louisville's come from behind victory over the cheats this means that Duke plays Louisvile at Louisville in the ACCT. State reinstated three sluggers today. Don't know whether they are just that good (probably) or Peyton had an off day but that is one dangerous line-up. If they reinstate the pitcher for the ACCT they could be a tough out.

Agree that the record turnaround is more a function of schedule than play. Team ran into Clemson, FSU, and Virginia Tech in a row, the three toughest teams (other than Duke) in the conference. Be interesting to see which pitcher Young chooses to start the first game. Walters may be a little sharper than Peyton right now.

Four Blue Devils Earn All-ACC First Team Nods

https://goduke.com/news/2021/5/11/so...team-nods.aspx

GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Duke softball team reeled in a program-record four All-ACC First Team honors with two position players and two at-large selections, as announced by the league office Tuesday afternoon.

Junior Deja Davis earned First Team honors at shortstop while senior Jameson Kavel was one of three outfielders earning a spot. Two Duke pitchers received at-large positions as junior Shelby Walters and senior Peyton St. George and claimed the honors.

The Blue Devils' four All-ACC First Team selections were the most of any program as Clemson and Florida State both had three representatives. The only other Blue Devil to earn All-ACC First Team honors was graduate student Raine Wilson in 2018.
    This is confirmation that this year's Duke Softball team was something special!! Deja and Shelby are Juniors so I assume they will be back next year.

Four High School All-Americans coming in to the program next year:

2021 PGF National Championships 18U Premier
    2021 PGF All-American Regional Final Teams Announced
    The best of the best softball players in the class of 2021 top the PGF All-American Regional Final Teams.
    https://www.flosoftball.com/articles...eams-announced

2.jpg
    Last edited by DoubleBlue; 05-11-2021 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Updated Link

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post

The best of the best softball players in the class of 2021 top the PGF All-American Regional Final Teams.

2.jpg
    Certainly this is good news, but PGF is not really an objective source. They run some of the biggest tournaments and definitely have their preferred travel organizations to showcase.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
    Certainly this is good news, but PGF is not really an objective source. They run some of the biggest tournaments and definitely have their preferred travel organizations to showcase.
    I will accept non objective good news being shared to a non objective web forum.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I will accept non objective good news being shared to a non objective web forum.
    I will non-object to this.

Duke benefits from a Louisville base running mistake to get out of trouble in the top of the first.

Bottom of the first was very much fun. With two on and two out, Duke player hit a ball that bounced off back of left field fence, which is a HR, and was called a HR on the field. The 3rd base ump, seemingly unaware that it was called a HR, called the Duke player out as she jogged toward 3rd base and was tagged. At first we wondered why she had stopped running, then realized it was a HR. Louisville challenged the HR call, but it stood. 3-0 Duke after one inning.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    Bottom of the first was very much fun.
    Can't say the same for the second...whew, that was hard to watch. Thankfully got back in the dugout without more damage than could have been done.

3-3 (and a new pitcher)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Beauty highlight catch to end the 3rd. Sweet slide!

That was a fun double play! Diving catch and then catching the runner between bases.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    That was a fun double play! Diving catch and then catching the runner between bases.
    A heck of a catch and a heck of a throw.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    A heck of a catch and a heck of a throw.
    Thanks announcers for yapping over the play that got us tagged out going home. (after a pretty triple)

Was she trying to steal? Was that a hit?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Sports-Center-top-10-worthy, IMO.

St. George strands the potential tying run at second in the seventh inning.

Duke wins, 4-3. Noles up next in tomorrow’s semifinal.

First ever ACCT victory. Congratulations. Team looked nervous at beginning of game. Tapia airmailed throw to first, Walters turned a ground ball to the mound into a single. St. George restored order, helped immeasurably by Torres' Sports Center worthy catch and and throw to start the unorthodox double play. You gotta believe.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    First ever ACCT victory. Congratulations. Team looked nervous at beginning of game. Tapia airmailed throw to first, Walters turned a ground ball to the mound into a single. St. George restored order, helped immeasurably by Torres' Sports Center worthy catch and and throw to start the unorthodox double play. You gotta believe.
    That was a fun game to watch
    Congrats on a first, Blue Devils!

PS, I've got faith in Walters. Today wasn't her best.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    I missed most of the game but it seems PSG took over and sealed the win after a shakey start. With the historic win under their belt, anything can happen in today's ACC semi-final. This team has the talent and is very close to being elite!

I missed most of the game but it seems PSG took over and sealed the win after a shakey start. With the historic win under their belt, anything can happen in today's ACC semi-final. This team has the talent and is very close to being elite!
    I had to miss the game, and botched the recording. Anybody know if there's a replay available?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I had to miss the game, and botched the recording. Anybody know if there's a replay available?
    Check the 24-hour schedule on the ACC Network -- it usually shows replays. But hurry!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013