Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    In 4 years to win the ACC Championship is a great accomplishment. Monumental achievement by Duke softball. Coach of the year should be Marissa Young!
    https://goduke.com/sports/softball/r...ssa-young/4010

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Cagle may be the Zion Williamson of softball. She is really good. 26-5 on the mound, 2nd in ACC in HRs, 3rd in BA, 4th in RBIs. Glad we got to her this year. She may be unstoppable in the future. Amazing we beat her three times, but remember Clemson did not play Free Shoes U.
    Maybe, maybe not. Clemson avoided FSU and Notre Dame and lost twice each to us and Va. Tech. I realize everyone's schedule was limited, but Clemson had it particularly easy this year. Also, it's not as if she is guaranteed to get better. All her opponents now have a book on her and will be adjusting next year. I'm not saying she's not an excellent player, but maybe Adam Morrison is a more apt comp right now.

And Congrats to the team. Coach Young has worked her butt off on the recruiting trial. I believe she's going to continue to get great talent in the years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
    And Congrats to the team. Coach Young has worked her butt off on the recruiting trial. I believe she's going to continue to get great talent in the years to come.
    Teams that win championships tend to do that. This was a great step for continued recruiting.

The good news is: We're the 13 seed in the tournament!

The bad news: We got screwed, being placed in the Athens regional where they're also sending Georgia, despite us being the seeded team. Just screwed over.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

I have no idea how this stuff works, so I'll just ask.

Could we not have tried to find some other venue in the Triangle area to host? Maybe even N.C. State if they'd have been willing?

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    I have no idea how this stuff works, so I'll just ask.

Could we not have tried to find some other venue in the Triangle area to host? Maybe even N.C. State if they'd have been willing?
    The sites were selected earlier this year based upon who they expected to be potential seeds (20 sites selected only 16 would be used). No NC team was expected to be seeded so none was selected.

Annoyingly Clemson WAS selected but since they got sent to Alabama I guess the ncaa didn’t want to make them host a regional for duke that Clemson wasn’t actually IN.

Oh ok.

Thank you loran.

We were going to play on someone else's home field no matter what. It could be worse. You have to be invited to win. We were invited. It's up to the girls to get the job done. Have faith.

Saw the team on ESPN getting their NCAA game selection. There is an ACCN interview with Head Coach Marissa Young . Thought Duke played UNC G in Durham. I guess it is Athens,Georgia.What ever happened to the B 52's?

So proud of this team! The site we play at will be a challenge, with UGA represented, but the sky's the limit, and not just for this season. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    The sites were selected earlier this year based upon who they expected to be potential seeds (20 sites selected only 16 would be used). No NC team was expected to be seeded so none was selected.

Annoyingly Clemson WAS selected but since they got sent to Alabama I guess the ncaa didn’t want to make them host a regional for duke that Clemson wasn’t actually IN.
    True - Also Virginia Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    The good news is: We're the 13 seed in the tournament!

The bad news: We got screwed, being placed in the Athens regional where they're also sending Georgia, despite us being the seeded team. Just screwed over.
    Georgia had an up and down season, going 29-21 overall, 7-17 in the SEC. They broke Oklahoma's bid to go undefeated with a 7-6 win on April 20, but have gone 1-10 since then and have dropped out of the Coaches Top 25, but still 19th in the RPI.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Georgia had an up and down season, going 29-21 overall, 7-17 in the SEC. They broke Oklahoma's bid to go undefeated with a 7-6 win on April 20, but have gone 1-10 since then and have dropped out of the Coaches Top 25, but still 19th in the RPI.
    Georgia will be a very tough out playing at home.

Congrats to our Devils. It’s been loads of fun following this team. Get on the bus now. Go Devils!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

What is the date/time for the game, and what is the ticket availability?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    What is the date/time for the game, and what is the ticket availability?
    It's in Georgia, so based on my recent trip to Georgia they will limit the stadium to 120% of capacity.

Kidding.

Sort of.

If I decoded it right, there is a replay of the ACC softball championship game against Clemson on Monday at 4:00 PM Eastern time, ACC Network.

The game is listed as:
    4:00 PM, College Softball
    ACC Tournament: Championship
    From Ulmer Stadium, Louisville, KY

Here's a really good article from the Chronicle on our two star pitchers.

https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...helby-walters\
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide