Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Results 341 to 351 of 351
  1. #341
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Beats the heck out of using quality of DBR posts as a metric!
    Must. Resist.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  2. #342
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Well...so this year between November 18 - today, there have been zero posts in the 2022 recruiting thread

    Last year, between November 18, 2019 and March 8, 2020, there were 131 - yep, 131 - posts in the 2021 recruiting thread.

    Something more is up, in my view, than the coaches are busy or they haven't been able to get out to explain that difference in activity, as reflected in posts on DBR recruiting threads.
    Isnít it obvious that we are going back to recruiting only 4 year players and wonít need a 2022 class?

  3. #343
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Are you and Hartford Duke concerned that the bloom might finally be off the Duke and Coach K rose?
    Can't speak for him, but my reply is a definitive "no".
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Isnít it obvious that we are going back to recruiting only 4 year players and wonít need a 2022 class?
    I presume this is said facetiously. With Banchero and Griffin being OAD, and a reasonable chance that Williams, Steward, and Moore leaving after next year, we most likely will need a substantial 2022 class. And even in the non-OAD era, we had recruiting classes every year - there may be a year or two when that wasn't the case, but that can't be 2022.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Are you and Hartford Duke concerned that the bloom might finally be off the Duke and Coach K rose?
    Like CBAB, my answer is no. But it's strange...substantially out of the ordinary.

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Like CBAB, my answer is no. But it's strange...substantially out of the ordinary.
    Everything in the last fourteen months has been out of the ordinary. In fact, it would be extraordinary if recruiting were the one part of college basketball that wasn't abnormal.

  6. #346
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Everything in the last fourteen months has been out of the ordinary. In fact, it would be extraordinary if recruiting were the one part of college basketball that wasn't abnormal.
    Young Krzyzewski...there's a movie to be made!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  7. #347
    For the records, here's Woj on the idea of Stevens going back to college:

    https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/s...30002623713283

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    For the records, here's Woj on the idea of Stevens going back to college:

    https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/s...30002623713283
    Snarky way of saying no one voluntarily leaves an NBA HC job for college. Doesnít mean it canít happen, and if it does, it might be Duke. There are certainly headaches in the college game (recruiting, practice time restrictions, maybe even unpredictability of OAD) that probably donít appeal to career pro coaches, so I see Wojís point.

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    Snarky way of saying no one voluntarily leaves an NBA HC job for college. Doesnít mean it canít happen, and if it does, it might be Duke. There are certainly headaches in the college game (recruiting, practice time restrictions, maybe even unpredictability of OAD) that probably donít appeal to career pro coaches, so I see Wojís point.
    It wasn't even snarky. He explicitly said it.

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It wasn't even snarky. He explicitly said it.
    Meant that Woj was snarky for the record. Some of his other tweets in the thread were snooty too.

  11. #351
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    Snarky way of saying no one voluntarily leaves an NBA HC job for college. Doesnít mean it canít happen, and if it does, it might be Duke. There are certainly headaches in the college game (recruiting, practice time restrictions, maybe even unpredictability of OAD) that probably donít appeal to career pro coaches, so I see Wojís point.
    I initially thought, and was disappointed to hear, that you were talking about Steve Wojo.

    No disrespect to Adrian Woj but don't much care what he says on the subject.

Similar Threads

  1. FB: Succession Planning 2020
    By SamHouston in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-19-2020, 09:28 PM
  2. Succession on HBO
    By fuse in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-22-2019, 02:29 PM
  3. 2017-2018 Coach K Coaching Tree Discussion
    By MChambers in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 03-11-2018, 08:18 PM
  4. OADs and Succession Plans
    By Turk in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-21-2017, 12:38 PM
  5. ACC Coach of the Year discussion
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-17-2014, 06:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •