Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Beats the heck out of using quality of DBR posts as a metric!
    Must. Resist.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Well...so this year between November 18 - today, there have been zero posts in the 2022 recruiting thread

Last year, between November 18, 2019 and March 8, 2020, there were 131 - yep, 131 - posts in the 2021 recruiting thread.

Something more is up, in my view, than the coaches are busy or they haven't been able to get out to explain that difference in activity, as reflected in posts on DBR recruiting threads.
    Isn’t it obvious that we are going back to recruiting only 4 year players and won’t need a 2022 class?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Are you and Hartford Duke concerned that the bloom might finally be off the Duke and Coach K rose?
    Can't speak for him, but my reply is a definitive "no".
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Isn’t it obvious that we are going back to recruiting only 4 year players and won’t need a 2022 class?
    I presume this is said facetiously. With Banchero and Griffin being OAD, and a reasonable chance that Williams, Steward, and Moore leaving after next year, we most likely will need a substantial 2022 class. And even in the non-OAD era, we had recruiting classes every year - there may be a year or two when that wasn't the case, but that can't be 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Are you and Hartford Duke concerned that the bloom might finally be off the Duke and Coach K rose?
    Like CBAB, my answer is no. But it's strange...substantially out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Like CBAB, my answer is no. But it's strange...substantially out of the ordinary.
    Everything in the last fourteen months has been out of the ordinary. In fact, it would be extraordinary if recruiting were the one part of college basketball that wasn't abnormal.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Everything in the last fourteen months has been out of the ordinary. In fact, it would be extraordinary if recruiting were the one part of college basketball that wasn't abnormal.
    Young Krzyzewski...there's a movie to be made!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

For the records, here's Woj on the idea of Stevens going back to college:

https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/s...30002623713283

For the records, here's Woj on the idea of Stevens going back to college:

https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/s...30002623713283
    Snarky way of saying no one voluntarily leaves an NBA HC job for college. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen, and if it does, it might be Duke. There are certainly headaches in the college game (recruiting, practice time restrictions, maybe even unpredictability of OAD) that probably don’t appeal to career pro coaches, so I see Woj’s point.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    Snarky way of saying no one voluntarily leaves an NBA HC job for college. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen, and if it does, it might be Duke. There are certainly headaches in the college game (recruiting, practice time restrictions, maybe even unpredictability of OAD) that probably don’t appeal to career pro coaches, so I see Woj’s point.
    It wasn't even snarky. He explicitly said it.

It wasn't even snarky. He explicitly said it.
    Meant that Woj was snarky for the record. Some of his other tweets in the thread were snooty too.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    I initially thought, and was disappointed to hear, that you were talking about Steve Wojo.

No disrespect to Adrian Woj but don't much care what he says on the subject.