Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: next season

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    Why? Because Auburn isn't as highly ranked in US News and World Report? Because you think Bruce Pearl is dirty and was using shenanigans to recruit a 3 star guard?

Justin Powell dramatically outplayed his ranking until he was sidelines. He would be a great get for Duke and I think the greater likelihood is Justin does not choose Duke than Duke does not choose Justin.
    Worth pointing out that after an awesome 3-game stretch in early December, Powell fell off dramatically. His last 4 games he averaged 4.5 points per game, shooting 18.2% from the field and 22.2% from 3. His two conference games he averaged 3 points, 5.5 assists, and 4 turnovers per game.

Powell had a monster 3-game stretch against South Alabama, Memphis, and Texas Southern, averaging 22.3 points and 5.7 assists per game and shooting 66.7% from the field and 63.1% from 3. Aside from that, he was pretty bad: 7.1 ppg, 4.3 apg, 2.7 topg, shooting 27.5% from the field and 29.2% from 3.

That's not to say he's not worth a look. But there should be a little bit of caveat in seeking him that he might not actually be all that good.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Worth pointing out that after an awesome 3-game stretch in early December, Powell fell off dramatically. His last 4 games he averaged 4.5 points per game, shooting 18.2% from the field and 22.2% from 3. His two conference games he averaged 3 points, 5.5 assists, and 4 turnovers per game.

Powell had a monster 3-game stretch against South Alabama, Memphis, and Texas Southern, averaging 22.3 points and 5.7 assists per game and shooting 66.7% from the field and 63.1% from 3. Aside from that, he was pretty bad: 7.1 ppg, 4.3 apg, 2.7 topg, shooting 27.5% from the field and 29.2% from 3.

That's not to say he's not worth a look. But there should be a little bit of caveat in seeking him that he might not actually be all that good.
    I'm not sure, and not looking it up, but I believe his drop coincides with Sharife Cooper becoming eligible

Quote Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
    I'm not sure, and not looking it up, but I believe his drop coincides with Sharife Cooper becoming eligible
    Nope. Cooper didn't come back until after 2 games Powell was done for the year. Powell's minutes didn't drop with his decline in performance. He just stopped playing well.

Powell’s drop may have coincided with defenses starting to pay attention to him. Watching one of his clips, he looks like a 3-star player with 2-star quickness. Hot take is I’d much rather have JG back for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Nope. Cooper didn't come back until after 2 games Powell was done for the year. Powell's minutes didn't drop with his decline in performance. He just stopped playing well.
    Thanks for the clarification. Just a fun side note Cooper's full name is Sharife Omar Cooper; his twin brother is Omar Sharife Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. Just a fun side note Cooper's full name is Sharife Omar Cooper; his twin brother is Omar Sharife Cooper.
    I’d recruit both twins for that reason alone.