Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 87, Cheaters 91 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here. And remember - no venting or bashing of players, coaches, or staff.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Just a little too much fail.

Oh Wendell, you gotta just shoot the layup there. Good game, we just couldn't overcome their hot shooting from 3 and also all the early 1st half turnovers that gave them game control for the most part (always leading).

It was a hard fought game. The guys showed heart but came up short.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Oh Wendell, you gotta just shoot the layup there. Good game, we just couldn't overcome their hot shooting from 3 and also all the early 1st half turnovers that gave them game control for the most part (always leading).
    my thought. he was having a really good game, and jus tneeded to shoot it, and probably would have gotten a call.
    April 1

MVP of the game is Kedsy, who lectured us on Duke turnovers not being a huge concern when it was very obvious to everyone that it was a huge concern, and then we give up the most points off turnovers in 15 seasons.

This movie is on repeat and getting very tiring to watch. Team does not understand how to win- maybe they will get it at some point- but this season now is all about gaining experience for next.

Not to mention make the 'and 1.'

Allowed 30 points off of turnovers. Team fought hard and kept battling back and battling back but just seemed to make mistakes at almost every crucial opportunity.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I feel terrible for Wendell. It’s like the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P2AZH4FeGsc

Turnovers killed us in first half. It was my tshirt. I know its jinxed. I'll do better next time. This team is killing me.

Played okay late but just not enough.

Duke continues to struggle to get to the line. Duke finished 4-7 from the line and UNC finished 13-22.

Duke shot the ball great from 3 at 11-25.

Duke got smashed on the boards 38-31.

Duke is 7-7, 5-5 and admittedly probably looking like they’ll miss the NCAAT at this juncture. Lot of basketball left, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    MVP of the game is Kedsy, who lectured us on Duke turnovers not being a huge concern when it was very obvious to everyone that it was a huge concern, and then we give up the most points off turnovers in 15 seasons.
    Apparently I must spread some comments around...

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    points off turnovers is a silly stat. Jim can wax poetic on that one. Turnovers, sure.
    April 1

Oh Wendell, you gotta just shoot the layup there..
    Emblematic of our reluctance to go strong tonthe hole once we turn the corner. Sigh.

It went down to the wire. It was entertaining when it wasn’t frustrating.

Ah Wendell, the rivalry giveth and it taketh away.

Effort will not be questioned, but poise will be, especially poise with the ball. They shot lights out, but their poor FT shooting and turnovers kept us in it.

I don't want to say this is the nail in the coffin for our tourney chances, but we need to play better as a team. We have to beat UVA for any chance now.

I'll settle for just getting better and growing as a team.

Well we probably missed the tourney now. Which is terribly disappointing. This team has talent I'm not sure how we aren't showing out - COVID or not.

Frustrated.

It was a good game at least. A handful or two of dumb plays sunk us - as has been the case all year.

- Chillin

We had a shot to tie and go to OT. What else can you ask for?

UNC isn't very good, but they were a little better than us today.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    This team has been one play away all year, and was once again tonight. Not what we’re used to seeing as Duke fans. But this isn’t a normal year.

I’m proud of how our guys fought. I’m proud of Henry Coleman stepping up. I’m proud of Joey playing with confidence. I’m proud of JGs intensity. I’m still and always will be proud to be a Duke Blue Devil, one tough season be darned.

Next play.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Really loved Goldwire’s scrappiness the last 10 minutes. Sure would have been nice if Hurt was allowed to play, but that weak call for his 5th ended it.

Credit to Caleb Love who tore us up tonight.