Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 102
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Manhattan
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    That is not an official trailer and it sure looks fake to me.
    Welp, I got fooled big time.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    So, I guess we learned some things today.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    So, I guess we learned some things today.
    Monica Rambeau certainly now has some form of powers. I wonder if she will be a character in the movies.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Monica Rambeau certainly now has some form of powers. I wonder if she will be a character in the movies.
    Actress Teyonah Parris is listed in the early credits for the Captain Marvel sequel, and its current script comes from someone on the "WandaVision" writing staff.

    I forgot to mention my appreciation for Monica/Geraldine's meta "Mad Men" reference in Episode 3, when she lied to Wanda about her work life at an advertising agency. The actress played Don Draper's secretary, Dawn. (Probably too late for John Slattery to make a Roger Sterling/Howard Stark appearance.)

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Yeah, given her connection to Captain Marvel it seems like she is a virtual lock to appear. I suspect she will end up being a regular.

    Also, in case anyone missed it, watch the full credits for this episode.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Yeah, given her connection to Captain Marvel it seems like she is a virtual lock to appear. I suspect she will end up being a regular.

    Also, in case anyone missed it, watch the full credits for this episode.
    Thanks for the heads up. Missed that the first time.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada (Ohio born and raised)
    Episode 8. I love this show.

  8. #68
    Great episode. Make sure you watch through the end credits for the extra scene.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    That was way good.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada (Ohio born and raised)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    That was way good.
    That was the best ~35 minutes of Marvel I have ever watched. Wow.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    That was the best ~35 minutes of Marvel I have ever watched. Wow.
    I donít think it was better than the last fight scene of Avengers End Game, but it was very good.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    I'm not a big fan of back stories unless really necessary and I'm not sure that was completely necessary. It was also somewhat inaccessible for non-Marvel fans. My wife, who has seen maybe a half dozen of the Marvel movies, was sorta lost and confused at times. She turned to me at one point and said, "what happened to the sitcom format?"

    Still, we needed an episode like this to put the pieces in place and understand the players for the final couple episodes. And that end credit scene... that was quite interesting! Could we get a Vision vs Vision fight in the finale?
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It was also somewhat inaccessible for non-Marvel fans.
    Yeah. I've seen all the MCU movies by now, but none of the comic books. I was under the impression that Wanda was already known as the Scarlet Witch because that's what the comic book fans called her. So the revelation felt anticlimactic to me, and all that's left is an origin story of a character that I didn't care much for in the movies and only started to appreciate on this TV series.

    Now that we know where Fake Pietro comes from, what's the deal with him showing up in the Episode 7 bonus scene? Is it just Agatha messing with Monica, or has he (whatever he is) gone rogue?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada (Ohio born and raised)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'm not a big fan of back stories unless really necessary and I'm not sure that was completely necessary. It was also somewhat inaccessible for non-Marvel fans. My wife, who has seen maybe a half dozen of the Marvel movies, was sorta lost and confused at times. She turned to me at one point and said, "what happened to the sitcom format?"

    Still, we needed an episode like this to put the pieces in place and understand the players for the final couple episodes. And that end credit scene... that was quite interesting! Could we get a Vision vs Vision fight in the finale?
    I mean, we had to find out how and why the hex was made. We also had to learn about vision. I feel like those are pretty necessary to the story.

    I thought the flashbacks allowing Agatha to piece together how all this came to be was brilliant. Just great storytelling from my point of view. Calling her the scarlet witch and bringing up chaos magic was just the cherry on top. Wanda is essentially one of the strongest beings in the universe now. Watch out. Especially considering Dr.Strange uses Order magic...hmmm. A showdown coming in the next Strange movie?

  15. #75
    I suspect we will get a big appearance in the last episode. Could be wrong.

    Great job with the show so far. Was totally not interested after the first few episodes, but in Marvel we trust.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I mean, we had to find out how and why the hex was made. We also had to learn about vision. I feel like those are pretty necessary to the story.

    I thought the flashbacks allowing Agatha to piece together how all this came to be was brilliant. Just great storytelling from my point of view. Calling her the scarlet witch and bringing up chaos magic was just the cherry on top. Wanda is essentially one of the strongest beings in the universe now. Watch out. Especially considering Dr.Strange uses Order magic...hmmm. A showdown coming in the next Strange movie?
    Yeah, I thought it was really well done. If it isn't 100% accessible or interesting to people who weren't following the MCU closely...so be it. Trying to make everything be for everyone results in a lot of watered down product anyway.

    I'll also add that up until this series I was very "meh" on Elizabeth Olsen generally and the Scarlet Witch as a character in the MCU. I've reversed course on both, she is doing a really fantastic job with this series.

    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Yeah. I've seen all the MCU movies by now, but none of the comic books. I was under the impression that Wanda was already known as the Scarlet Witch because that's what the comic book fans called her. So the revelation felt anticlimactic to me, and all that's left is an origin story of a character that I didn't care much for in the movies and only started to appreciate on this TV series.
    It did suck a little out of the revelation, but they also made a specific point in a previous episode to make note that the nickname "Scarlet Witch" did not exist in-universe. I felt like it was still pretty good.

    Now that we know where Fake Pietro comes from
    Do we know this? Either I missed something, or you misinterpreted something. I don't think we know where he came from/how he got there.

    what's the deal with him showing up in the Episode 7 bonus scene? Is it just Agatha messing with Monica, or has he (whatever he is) gone rogue?
    What we do​ know is that he's still under Agatha's control (note the purple aura), and he's there guarding the house for her. So, Agatha messing with Monica, I guess, but more "Agatha defending her crypt from Monica/other intruders" than Agatha "messing" with Monica.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Do we know this? Either I missed something, or you misinterpreted something. I don't think we know where he came from/how he got there.
    I may have misinterpreted something. I thought that Agatha created Fake Pietro and inserted him into Westview (WestView?). Wanda accepts Pietro because she is unable to detect the presence of outsiders, only suspecting Monica when she mentions Sokovia, and not suspecting Agatha at all.

    From what I remember, Agatha talks out loud about the origin of Pietro, saying that necromancy was an unlikely option, and I thought it was typical villain exposition. Given your question, she may have been openly wondering how Wanda created him. I don't know.

    We've kind of forgotten about Dottie, but I wonder if she becomes important. Agent Woo was interested in Westview because he said he had a person on the inside, so maybe it's her. I found it interesting that Dottie is with Wanda when Agent Woo's voice interrupts the radio broadcast. Maybe she breaks the glass in her hand because she recognizes the voice, which jolts her out of her mind control fog.

  18. #78
    I agree with JE. I do think the episode was well done and I also like that it has Wanda seemingly as the "bad guy" rather than Agnes having tricked her into creating the hex... but I don't think it really advanced things enough. So much to deal with in the last 40 minutes... are Wanda, Vision, White Vision, the two kids, Agnes, the human "bad guy" (who doesn't really seem that bad right now), Monica, and Pietro all going to have a satisfying conclusion? Plus a surprise other MCU character appearance? (I have no spoilers, I just assume they'll do something)

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada (Ohio born and raised)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    I agree with JE. I do think the episode was well done and I also like that it has Wanda seemingly as the "bad guy" rather than Agnes having tricked her into creating the hex... but I don't think it really advanced things enough. So much to deal with in the last 40 minutes... are Wanda, Vision, White Vision, the two kids, Agnes, the human "bad guy" (who doesn't really seem that bad right now), Monica, and Pietro all going to have a satisfying conclusion? Plus a surprise other MCU character appearance? (I have no spoilers, I just assume they'll do something)
    No, they all wonít get satisfying conclusions because this show is setting up the next Spider-Man and Dr. Strange movies. I donít think it was ever meant to be some miniseries that tells an entire story for multiple characters. I think the Hex gets dealt with but that will be about it.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    I may have misinterpreted something. I thought that Agatha created Fake Pietro and inserted him into Westview (WestView?). Wanda accepts Pietro because she is unable to detect the presence of outsiders, only suspecting Monica when she mentions Sokovia, and not suspecting Agatha at all.

    From what I remember, Agatha talks out loud about the origin of Pietro, saying that necromancy was an unlikely option, and I thought it was typical villain exposition. Given your question, she may have been openly wondering how Wanda created him. I don't know.

    We've kind of forgotten about Dottie, but I wonder if she becomes important. Agent Woo was interested in Westview because he said he had a person on the inside, so maybe it's her. I found it interesting that Dottie is with Wanda when Agent Woo's voice interrupts the radio broadcast. Maybe she breaks the glass in her hand because she recognizes the voice, which jolts her out of her mind control fog.
    There are theories out there that Dottie is also a witch.

Similar Threads

  1. MIB 3 - Spoilers
    By Udaman in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 04:05 PM
  2. Harry Potter SPOILERS !!! REPEAT SPOILERS!!
    By Windsor in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 04:12 PM
  3. Potter book spoilers (no spoilers in this post)
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 02:45 PM
  4. 24 on 3/13 (spoilers)
    By BCGroup in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 10:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •