Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

WandaVision (Spoilers)

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Marvel is just so consistently good, it’s almost unbelievable.

I must admit, after the first episode I was down on this show. Really down. Stupid me. I should have known better.

The second episode was better. The last three have been unbelievable.

And the way it’s linking in the full Marvel Universe and now the STUNNING X-Men crossover. I’m just blown away. Worst part is waiting a week for the next show. I could have watched an entire movie on this tonight.

I don’t think I’ve ever been as surprised by a character appearance in a movie or TV show as I was by that. I thought “yes, of course it’s Quicksilver, why are they overdramatizing it... OH.”

I’d actually love and prefer it if it was just Wanda as the villain... but we all agree it’s really Agnes, right?

Hadn’t thought about Agnes. Yeah - she must be the bad person. Whoever that is. And Wanda clearly likes what is going on, but whenever she started the new reality, something else then took it over.

I bet other Marvel characters show up. Dr Strange likely for sure.

It’s just so damned good. And yes, I was BLOWN away. At first I thought it would be her brother from Ultron. But the Quicksilver from X-Men? I mean this blows the doors open for everything. Magnito. Spider-Man. Deadpool. The next Marvel movies are going to have everything. Already heard more than I want to know about new Spider-Man. Staying spoiler free is going to be nearly impossible. But tonight, I was fully free. And it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Marvel is just so consistently good, it’s almost unbelievable.

I must admit, after the first episode I was down on this show. Really down. Stupid me. I should have known better.

The second episode was better. The last three have been unbelievable.

And the way it’s linking in the full Marvel Universe and now the STUNNING X-Men crossover. I’m just blown away. Worst part is waiting a week for the next show. I could have watched an entire movie on this tonight.
    Seeing these posts mentioning Marvel series, I automatically think about Jeffrey, my Step-son who passed away in 2018. He loved all the Marvel shows. He would say, you need to check this one out and then would proceed to tell me about the characters. We miss him so much. Still waiting for time to heal as we've been told soooo many times, that time heals everything. It does make it a little easier to know we'll see him again one day.

So, my wife (she's seen roughly 1/4 of the Marvel movies -- but not Age of Ultron or Infinity War or the new X-men films) is watching WandaVision with me. She liked the sitcom format and has been drawn into the mystery a bit.

Can you imagine the conversation after the Quicksilver appearance where I tried to explain the mind-blowing implications of what had just happened?

It is important to note that the X-Men Quicksilver was not recognized by Darcy as a superhero. In fact, he is technically from 40 years ago as the new X-Men films take place in the 70s and 80s. I think this points to Wanda ripping open holes in the multiverse, which is how you tie all these cinematic universes together (and which is expected to be a major part of the next Dr. Strange and Spiderman films).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Hadn’t thought about Agnes. Yeah - she must be the bad person. Whoever that is. And Wanda clearly likes what is going on, but whenever she started the new reality, something else then took it over.

I bet other Marvel characters show up. Dr Strange likely for sure.

It’s just so damned good. And yes, I was BLOWN away. At first I thought it would be her brother from Ultron. But the Quicksilver from X-Men? I mean this blows the doors open for everything. Magnito. Spider-Man. Deadpool. The next Marvel movies are going to have everything. Already heard more than I want to know about new Spider-Man. Staying spoiler free is going to be nearly impossible. But tonight, I was fully free. And it was awesome.
    Why are we thinking Agnes is the bad person? I don't see any reason to think it is her any more than the dude who was trimming his hedges all the way through the brick earlier (did they ever say his name out loud? I forget). They both seemed semi-aware of what was going on.

Do we have any idea who the dude climbing out of the drain hole was a while back?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Why are we thinking Agnes is the bad person? I don't see any reason to think it is her any more than the dude who was trimming his hedges all the way through the brick earlier (did they ever say his name out loud? I forget). They both seemed semi-aware of what was going on.

Do we have any idea who the dude climbing out of the drain hole was a while back?
    Yeah, the guy out of the drain hole was a sword agent or cop or whatever. They showed him crawling through it all from the other side.

100% it’s Agnes. In Episode 4 when they were putting up the town locals on the White Board, they did everyone but her.

I’m guessing that in Episode 5, when Vision snapped his coworker out of his trance and he said, “you have to stop her,” he meant Agnes. And that maybe it was Agnes who came out and threatened the agents, which would explain the accent.

My guess is that Wanda wa TD to be with Vision and made a pact with whoever Agnes really is. Of course unlike DC comics, whatever has happened will be explained. And we will then have the multiverse as well.

I’m guessing that in Episode 5, when Vision snapped his coworker out of his trance and he said, “you have to stop her,” he meant Agnes. And that maybe it was Agnes who came out and threatened the agents, which would explain the accent.
    I like this theory! I’m wondering if Marvel will have Wanda go full villain or not but this could be a really sneaky misdirect on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post

Comics back story. I have not read the comics but prevailing theory is that Agnes is Agatha Harkness. A witch who was a mentor to Wanda in the comics and did “bad” things. Another point is in the episode when they started identifying the real names for all the townspeople they didn’t mention Agnes. I don’t think she has a card on the board.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Seeking an honest appraisal. I am not even a little bit familiar with the difference between Marvel and DC. I have seen probably 5 or so movies in the Marvel Universe, but with my son and with only a moderate amount of attention paid. I am intrigued by this show, will I get enjoyment out of it without knowing any of the backstory?

100% it’s Agnes. In Episode 4 when they were putting up the town locals on the White Board, they did everyone but her.

My guess is that Wanda wa TD to be with Vision and made a pact with whoever Agnes really is. Of course unlike DC comics, whatever has happened will be explained. And we will then have the multiverse as well.
    That accent is naturally how Wanda talks because she is from Sokovia. She has some weird American accent in the hex that isn’t natural to her character.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Seeking an honest appraisal. I am not even a little bit familiar with the difference between Marvel and DC. I have seen probably 5 or so movies in the Marvel Universe, but with my son and with only a moderate amount of attention paid. I am intrigued by this show, will I get enjoyment out of it without knowing any of the backstory?
    If you saw Age of Ultron and Infinity War, you would probably be good to go. With this show, you really need a little bit of a back story to understand what’s going on. You could give it a try without but you would be kind of lost unless you looked some stuff up before.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    If you saw Age of Ultron and Infinity War, you would probably be good to go. With this show, you really need a little bit of a back story to understand what’s going on. You could give it a try without but you would be kind of lost unless you looked some stuff up before.
    I appreciate this input. Thank you for sharing. Should I be embarrassed that I'm not sure if I've seen those 2 movies or not? Afraid to ask my son because his eye rolls leave emotional bruises.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I appreciate this input. Thank you for sharing. Should I be embarrassed that I'm not sure if I've seen those 2 movies or not? Afraid to ask my son because his eye rolls leave emotional bruises.
    You would probably need the last one as well which is Endgame. No shame in not knowing, there are a lot of films. For someone like you, it might be easier to find an article that gives the backstory that sets up this series.

That accent is naturally how Wanda talks because she is from Sokovia. She has some weird American accent in the hex that isn’t natural to her character.
    Ah. That’s right. I forgot. But there’s no doubt Agnes is working with Wanda. Hence the “should we start over?” when she broke the fourth wall with Wanda and the babies. And I guess Agnes brought in Pietro.

The MultiUniverse is going to undo everything (in a cool way). We’ve already seen it with Wolverine in Days of Future Past. Now we will have Loki in an alternate Universe where the Infinity Stones still exist (and thus so does Thanos). I predict in future movies we will see Iron Man, Black Widow and Captain America cameos. And the new Spider-Man is going to be unbelievable.

Ah. That’s right. I forgot. But there’s no doubt Agnes is working with Wanda. Hence the “should we start over?” when she broke the fourth wall with Wanda and the babies. And I guess Agnes brought in Pietro.

The MultiUniverse is going to undo everything (in a cool way). We’ve already seen it with Wolverine in Days of Future Past. Now we will have Loki in an alternate Universe where the Infinity Stones still exist (and thus so does Thanos). I predict in future movies we will see Iron Man, Black Widow and Captain America cameos. And the new Spider-Man is going to be unbelievable.
    They need to be careful, or else the run the risk of everything having no stakes and deaths being cheapened. But I trust them by now.

Speaking of breaking the 4th wall, anyone notice that when Wanda threw Monica out of the sitcom reality, she literally broke through 4 walls to get back to real world? Nice detail.

Interesting little detail... when Evan Peters Quicksilver showed up, most of us were too mind blown to notice what he was saying... but he walked in and saw Vision and said, "who's the popsicle?" This is significant because Wanda's Quicksilver brother knew Vision and would not ask that about him. So, this is not Evan Peters playing Pietro, it is the Quicksilver from the X-Men universe playing Peter (his name in DOFP).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Yeah, the guy out of the drain hole was a sword agent or cop or whatever. They showed him crawling through it all from the other side.
    Oh right. What were with the bees/bugs flying around him (or did I imagine that)?

Ok, I'm convinced it is Agnes (although I think the coworker was still talking about Wanda, who is obviously doing a lot of this).

She did have a mostly American accent in Infinity War as well...I guess theoretically because she was hanging out with so many Americans? In any case, yes that was her natural Sokovian accent.