Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    A selection from the Football Book of Songs and Praise:

The Stadium Address
    Fourteen seasons ago our BOT brought forth on this campus a renewed program, conceived in a big budget and dedicated to the proposition that our program shall rise again to the heights with a national reputation and ranking. Now we are engaged in a conference battle, testing whether this program or any program so conceived and so dedicated can again reach such excellence. We are met on a new field for that battle. We have dedicated that field to a donor who has paid for the new turf and much, much more so that those who are recruited might play well. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this. But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The Iron Dukes of old and many others who played and coached here have consecrated it far above our paltry attempts to add or detract. ESPN will little note nor long remember what we say here, but we cannot forget what our players did here. It is for us the current fans and families rather to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which the Iron Dukes have sought so diligently to bankroll. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task before us - - that from those honored All Americas and All Conference players we remain dedicated to that cause for which we have all sought for years - - that we here resolve that the players and coaches who have gone before shall not have played in vain, that this program shall win by the rules, shall educate to the fullest and continue to seek excellence.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Aristotle was winless for his entire career.
    No, he is a World Cup Champion, in fact.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=92vV3QGagck

Northwestern visits Wallace Wade Stadium on September 18 in an important P5 non-conference game. Head Coach Pat Fitzgerald has named Hunter Johnson starting quarterback:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ryan-hilinski/

The Wildcats have suffered a couple season ending injuries in camp:

https://247sports.com/Article/Northw...Ten-169257355/
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Northwestern visits Wallace Wade Stadium on September 18 in an important P5 non-conference game. Head Coach Pat Fitzgerald has named Hunter Johnson starting quarterback:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ryan-hilinski/
    May Johnson, a former Clemson recruit, play like our Clemson hand-me-down. Unfortunately, Johnson is a former 5 star recruit.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    May Johnson, a former Clemson recruit, play like our Clemson hand-me-down. Unfortunately, Johnson is a former 5 star recruit.
    Johnson was very unimpressive in his 2019 debut for Northwestern, when he was given every chance to solidify a starting role but failed to do so. His numbers were considerably worse than Brice's were for us last year, a big reason why Indiana grad transfer Peyton Ramsey was brought in and started from the get-go in 2020.
    Last edited by luvdahops; 08-19-2021 at 03:59 PM.

I got a notice from the Iron Dukes today saying that I need to choose a shipping method for my football tickets, yet when I follow the instructions in the email, I see no such choice possible...except that my profile DOES show how I want my tickets shipped. Sigh. Nothing new there. Amazon can take my money in the blink of an eye, Duke football makes it a struggle. At least I'm not vying for a parking pass..the last two years I tried to do that, I was eventually told that my form was "stuck in the computer."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    At least I'm not vying for a parking pass..the last two years I tried to do that, I was eventually told that my form was "stuck in the computer."
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

^ How much do I love Office Space? Let me count the ways...

^ How much do I love Office Space? Let me count the ways...
    My love for it is a really small decimal point, but over time it adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    My love for it is a really small decimal point, but over time it adds up.
    outstanding! I've read that Gary Cole can't go anywhere without people telling him how much they loved his boss from hell portrayal. "Why don't you go ahead and come on in this weekend."

outstanding! I've read that Gary Cole can't go anywhere without people telling him how much they loved his boss from hell portrayal. "Why don't you go ahead and come on in this weekend."
    Gary Cole is so underrated. Office Space, The Brady Bunch, and his fantastic pairing with Jason Bateman in Dodgeball are some great roles…

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Gary Cole is so underrated. Office Space, The Brady Bunch, and his fantastic pairing with Jason Bateman in Dodgeball are some great roles…
    Wow, first time I've seen "Brady Bunch" and "great role" in the same context.

I got a notice from the Iron Dukes today saying that I need to choose a shipping method for my football tickets, yet when I follow the instructions in the email, I see no such choice possible...except that my profile DOES show how I want my tickets shipped. Sigh. Nothing new there. Amazon can take my money in the blink of an eye, Duke football makes it a struggle. At least I'm not vying for a parking pass..the last two years I tried to do that, I was eventually told that my form was "stuck in the computer."
    I got the same email. You have to click the link in the email you can’t get there through “My Account” at least I couldn’t.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Wow, first time I've seen "Brady Bunch" and "great role" in the same context.
    Lol, Gary Cole played the role great not necessarily a great role to get or movie overall…

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I got the same email. You have to click the link in the email you can’t get there through “My Account” at least I couldn’t.
    I clicked the email link but found no way to select any kind of delivery option...except the only option listed (my street address) is the one I want. Probably going to be a moot point as the U.S. travel situation is hardly welcoming now.

I clicked the email link but found no way to select any kind of delivery option...except the only option listed (my street address) is the one I want. Probably going to be a moot point as the U.S. travel situation is hardly welcoming now.
    When I clicked the link there was three boxes labeled UPS, Mobile and Will Call. I selected UPS and put in my street address.
    Bob Green

Jim’s latest article is posted on the front page. He takes a look at youngsters vying for playing time:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...avid-cutcliffe
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I would not be surprised if Duke and other schools follow suit with this policy. Personally, I'd welcome it.

All fans over the age of 12 must show either proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours in order to attend Oregon and Oregon State football games this fall, the schools announced on Friday.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/oregon-...035735807.html

The concert at Walnut Creek that I recently attended had far more people inside than will ever be at a Duke football game, and they had the same rules for getting inside. It was amazingly well organized and the only thing that slowed down entry was the weather.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I would not be surprised if Duke and other schools follow suit with this policy. Personally, I'd welcome it.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/oregon-...035735807.html

The concert at Walnut Creek that I recently attended had far more people inside than will ever be at a Duke football game, and they had the same rules for getting inside. It was amazingly well organized and the only thing that slowed down entry was the weather.
    We know that won't affect Duke gameday security's ability to slow things down and muck things up!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    We know that won't affect Duke gameday security's ability to slow things down and muck things up!

-jk
    Yeah...I was pondering that as I typed about what a great job the folks at Walnut Creek did. Maybe Duke can hire them for a training session.