Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Did you opt for automatic pledge renewal?
    Not that I’m aware of. Last year’s pledge/donation was made while recovering from osteomyelitis and major back surgery, with accompanying heavy pain meds. All I’m sure of is that I made my donation on time last year, and it was to Iron Dukes. There’s not enough drugs in the world that would make me donate to unc.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Not that I’m aware of. Last year’s pledge/donation was made while recovering from osteomyelitis and major back surgery, with accompanying heavy pain meds. All I’m sure of is that I made my donation on time last year, and it was to Iron Dukes. There’s not enough drugs in the world that would make me donate to unc.
    A drug that wicked doesn't exist. Send me a PM and I'll share some contact info that I think will help.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I’m getting worried. Usually by this time of year, I have received numerous reminders to renew my pledge to the Iron Dukes, and have been offered season football tickets. This year I have received neither. My calls to the Iron Duke office (who are working remotely) do not get returned. Tried logging onto ironduke.net, but the system is down.

Should I take a hint?
    Might you have purchased tickets last summer (as many of us did) and then deferred them to this year? I did get one email a few weeks ago about my Iron Dukes pledge being automatically renewed..

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    I ordered my 4 season tickets today as soon as I received an email from Duke w/ instructions on how to activate my account. Away games are not available yet.
    As others have suggested, I think since I didn't cancel my 2020 order, and just advanced it to 2021, I didn't get the email yet.

I presume they sent you a customer ID number so you could activate the new account (I guess technically transfer your old login to the new system.)

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    As others have suggested, I think since I didn't cancel my 2020 order, and just advanced it to 2021, I didn't get the email yet.

I presume they sent you a customer ID number so you could activate the new account (I guess technically transfer your old login to the new system.)
    That is correct.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I also rolled my 2020 tickets order to 2021 and have not received an email yet. Seems consistent...
    Bob Green

I don't follow Duke football that closely. Does Duke have a good quarterback for next year? I see that Luke McCaffrey of McCaffrey fame left Nebraska for Louisville and is again in the transfer portal. As you all know, his brother Max played for Duke.

I wonder if this is a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    I don't follow Duke football that closely. Does Duke have a good quarterback for next year? I see that Luke McCaffrey of McCaffrey fame left Nebraska for Louisville and is again in the transfer portal. As you all know, his brother Max played for Duke.

I wonder if this is a fit.
    We don’t know if we have a good QB next year. Last season’s starter transferred.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    We don’t know if we have a good QB next year. Last season’s starter transferred.
    WHEW!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I'm sort of glad he transferred. Need someone to step up at QB. Same goes for coaching.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I'm sort of glad he transferred. Need someone to step up at QB. Same goes for coaching.

GoDuke!
    we'd better brace ourselves for a rough year, as much as I hate to say that. (and I'll be there to watch it). We aren't the kind of program that can afford to lose three defensive leaders to transferring. Throw in a new QB, and our same offensive "strategy," and it's going to be an uphill climb. I dream of better days. I'm very curious to know what Nina King's view is on football...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    we'd better brace ourselves for a rough year, as much as I hate to say that. (and I'll be there to watch it). We aren't the kind of program that can afford to lose three defensive leaders to transferring. Throw in a new QB, and our same offensive "strategy," and it's going to be an uphill climb. I dream of better days. I'm very curious to know what Nina King's view is on football...
    Anything better than 4-8 should be considered wildly successful. Just hoping we don’t repeat the 2-win or worse record.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    WHEW!
    Plop, plop, fizz, fizz...

😂

I just received an email from the Duke Ticket Office with my new user ID, temporary PIN, and instructions for activating my ticket account. Money rolled over for 2020 season tickets pays the full cost of 2021 football season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by DeweyDevil View Post
    I just received an email from the Duke Ticket Office with my new user ID, temporary PIN, and instructions for activating my ticket account. Money rolled over for 2020 season tickets pays the full cost of 2021 football season tickets.
    Ditto. Now the big question is, what trinket will they send us along with our season tickets? In years past, I've had trouble even figuring out what it is...I've suggested that they take the money they spend on this (presumably they pay for these oddities) and donate the money to a food bank. A couple years ago we got a piece of cloth or something, I have no idea what it is, but I use it for checking the oil in my lawnmower...not sure that was the intended purpose.

Anything better than 4-8 should be considered wildly successful...
    Agreed. Obviously some big question marks both defensively and offensively, with the biggest one being in my mind, QB (unfortunately.) Hopefully one of our returning "veterans" or one of the newcomers will impress. Not to dwell on the past too much, but maybe Mr. Diamont will surprise us like another west coast (Sunnyvale, CA to be exact) guy did back in the early 80's. Whatever transpires on the field, I'm excited to see it all unfold.

Eternal optimist here--looking for 6-6 and bowl win. Holmberg is going to make us happy campers and the D will be spotty adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by DeweyDevil View Post
    Same for me. Green Family is ready to go.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Same for me. Green Family is ready to go.
    Green indicates 'go'...oh, wait - "Red means go". Younger posters will just have to do some research.😏
    Last edited by peloton; 06-11-2021 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peloton View Post
    Green indicates 'go'...oh, wait - "Red means go". Younger posters will just have to do some research.😏
    Back in that era, I argued that to the judge. Apparently he was not a Duke fan.