Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 92, Gardner-Webb 52 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

I think the folks slagging on Mark can go ahead and apologize.

Watching the post game interview w/ Keels. It looks like he has 2 tattoo ears, one on each shoulder. Anyone know what the full tattoo is?

Impressive performance especially given the potential for distraction

Took us a little bit to get going but we found our stride.

Team has a bit of that old school Duke swagger- tough D leading to easy buckets. Nice to see again.

Balanced game with 6 players in double figures. Paolo looked tentative tonight. Probably has a lot on his mind. A few thoughts:
    1. Hoping Joey can build off these games and play like this throughout the season. I like his confidence right now.
    2. AJ is still working his way back. You can tell there is some explosiveness there, so excited to see his game when he is 100%. He's definitely a small forward. Was hoping he had better ball-handling skills, but they don't look to be there just yet.
    3. Another strong defensive performance. I don't know how much our perimeter D influenced their bad shooting (or if it was just a bad night), and it's hard to evaluate off of an inferior opponent, but I continue to be encouraged by our defense.

Great game once they got the kinks out. Paulo looked a little out of sync, that I can understand. Keels great in first half, good game for Joey, he played well. Good to see Mark have his best game so far this season and Roach and Moore were solid as usual. Also glad to see Griffin get those minutes, along with Bates Jones and Blakes. I hope we continue to build from this night. Let’s go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Watching the post game interview w/ Keels. It looks like he has 2 tattoo ears, one on each shoulder. Anyone know what the full tattoo is?
    Bird or angel?

-jk

-Great D
    -Keel mode carried the offense early
    -Williams looked loose, comfortable and effective on both ends
    -Roach looks quicker each game
    -Baker looks like he’s ready to contribute every night
    -Wendell’s offense came alive in the second half
    -Good to see AJ get extended minutes
    -Theo being a anvil
    -Paolo quiet for him, not a shock
    -What will K say?

Blowout

We were able to play a lot of guys tonight. Our defense was very disruptive and several guys couldn't be stopped. First Keels who couldn't miss. Williams does his best work around the basket both defensively and when he goes up strongly with the 2 hand dunk. When he just puts the ball on the rim he is much less effective. Tonight he got it going. Shout out to Joey Baker who showed off some offensive versatility tonight. Moore came on very strongly in the second half. Banchero and Roach did their part and I also liked what Griffin gave us.

Coach K to his credit got a lot of subs into the game and gave them meaningful minutes. Bates Jones, Blakes and even Worthington got some minutes and I believe they all scored. Good for them.

Mark Williams had impressive blocks. I like how he does not swat them out of bounds, but gently taps them away for a teammate to grab.

@BlueDevilNation
    K said they had a violation of their standards and they would handle it internally. He said Paolo and Savarino were two different situations. There will be no major comments on this at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Music man55 View Post
    Great game once they got the kinks out. Paulo looked a little out of sync, that I can understand. Keels great in first half, good game for Joey, he played well. Good to see Mark have his best game so far this season and Roach and Moore were solid as usual. Also glad to see Griffin get those minutes, along with Bates Jones and Blakes. I hope we continue to build from this night. Let’s go Duke!
    Paolo should not have played in my opinion . Send a message , one game suspension .

@BrianMcLawhorn
    Coach K on starting Banchero: "Two different situations. Two entirely different situations. Headlines might make it look the same - it’s not. The decisions we made are in conjunction with our authorities - my seniors. We took action and will continue to take action."

Nice to see AJ getting good minutes and getting on track. He's looking well physically
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I think the folks slagging on Mark can go ahead and apologize.
    for what? he had played mediocre and needed to play better. he played better tonight, and that's great. credit where it is due.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    for what? he had played mediocre and needed to play better. he played better tonight, and that's great. credit where it is due.
    Listen to or watch K’s post-game press conference comments on the subject. Other than that, I’ve said all I plan to say.

Next play, united.

My favorite stat: GW was 2-16 from 3.

An AJ play that doesn’t show up in the stats:

https://twitter.com/crazietwtlive/st...508030979?s=21