Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1061
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    How old is he?

My daughter, 18 and son, 16 will get their first Pfizer on Wednesday.
    My eldest son is 27. My younger son is 24.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    My eldest son is 27. My younger son is 24.
    Ah, thanks.

I'm curious to see how my teens respond.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Ah, thanks.

I'm curious to see how my teens respond.
    Hopefully not like typical teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Hopefully not like typical teenagers.
    Seriously, could they actually get more lethargic?
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Seriously, could they actually get more lethargic?
    In the case of my 18 year old son, yes. He pretty much slept the entire day after his second shot. Instead of the usual one nap a day, he took two.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

WV Governor will pay 16-35 year olds a $100 US savings bond to get vaccinated for COVID-19.

https://twitter.com/HoppyKercheval/s...35560706908166

That's a lot of beer money! (in 20 years!)
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    WV Governor will pay 16-35 year olds a $100 US savings bond to get vaccinated for COVID-19.

https://twitter.com/HoppyKercheval/s...35560706908166

That's a lot of beer money! (in 20 years!)
    West Virginia - the most progressive state in America!

Aunt bragging time - this is the vaccination program in Minnesota Niece Elizabeth has been working on: https://kstp.com/news/walz-visits-mo...field/6088553/

They are using transit buses to take the vaccine to people instead of having people come to the vaccine.

Well, world-renowned epidemiologist Joe Rogan doesn't think young people should get vaccinated.

Wait, hold it, I goofed. He's a comedian.

Unfortunately, his podcast is reportedly listened to by millions. And here we are.

Larson was a visionary. Everyone's an expert nowadays.

E0EGsrXXsAEcO0h.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Well, world-renowned epidemiologist Joe Rogan doesn't think young people should get vaccinated.

Wait, hold it, I goofed. He's a comedian.

Unfortunately, his podcast is reportedly listened to by millions. And here we are.
    Does he also think we should call the cops on the parents of any young person who receives the vaccine? Because if so, I know another comedian/clown/world-renowned epidemiologist who would likely want to join forces with him.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Aunt bragging time - this is the vaccination program in Minnesota Niece Elizabeth has been working on: https://kstp.com/news/walz-visits-mo...field/6088553/

They are using transit buses to take the vaccine to people instead of having people come to the vaccine.
    What a great idea -- guaranteed to get a lot of people vaccinated who otherwise wouldn't. Good for your niece!

Took my kid yesterday (Pfizer) and wife today (Moderna) for their second jabs. Kid had no trouble. We'll see about wife.

Looking forward to having a life again!

-jk

Cool Just Do It!

Pfizer dose one was a breeze (nothing but a slightly sore arm for both my wife and I). Pfizer dose two was a different story. My wife was exhausted, achy, feverish and nauseous. I received my shot the following day and traded the nausea for a severe headache. We each made it through our challenging recovery day and were feeling fine within about 24 hours. I'll admit to the side effects being worse than I expected. After being in bed all day yesterday, I also will admit to having feelings of euphoria as I walked our dog through the neighborhood today and thought about upcoming travel opportunities. We're off to visit our grandchild and my parents next month! By all means, get vaccinated if you haven't. Something tells me there's no need to say that on this forum.

The 16 and 18 year olds survived their first shot of Pfizer. We are now 48 hours out and seem to be back to normal. Nothing but "I just feel like I got hit by a truck." That's about it.

I’m a week out from getting my first finally. Still getting somewhat wishy washy guidance about my pregnant wife. Our medical system actively recommended against getting vaccinated during the first trimester based on the lack of trial data but that seems to be shifting as she progresses so we’ll see on her.

Moderna

Our 26-year-old son got his second dose of Moderna yesterday. Has a headache and a very sore arm. I'm a bit surprised, since he tested positive for antibodies back in September, and I thought that maybe the first shot would be the one where he'd have a significant reaction.

The side effects some folks feel during the first few days after vaccination are due to the microchips being slow to latch onto the arm bone. Once attached, the symptoms should go away. 😜

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    The side effects some folks feel during the first few days after vaccination are due to the microchips being slow to latch onto the arm bone. Once attached, the symptoms should go away. 😜
    My son says his new microchip itches.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    My son says his new microchip itches.
    Tell him to stop itching as it is really messing up the transmission of his data feed.