Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Fever broke. Huzzah.
    Or . . . is that a fever dream?

(glad you’re feeling better!)

Getting my second Pfizer today at about 1:00PM. Wish me luck! Got the advil and fruit juice (Not Veil!) on standby.

Without reading all through this topic again, I'm OK to take Advil, correct? I've never been a big fan of the way Tylenol makes me feel, but I'm willing to take it if you guys say I should.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Like one of my brilliant students said. “ It always feels better when it quits hurting!” Glad you are better!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Fever broke. Huzzah.
    So you listened to some cowbell? (see Greatest Sketch thread, post #1, 4:15 mark)

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Getting my second Pfizer today at about 1:00PM. Wish me luck! Got the advil and fruit juice (Not Veil!) on standby.

Without reading all through this topic again, I'm OK to take Advil, correct? I've never been a big fan of the way Tylenol makes me feel, but I'm willing to take it if you guys say I should.
    You can take Advil if you want. Probably best not to take it until at least a few hours after the shot, but no data.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    2 shots down, and wife has first shot already, now to wait and see how I feel tomorrow.

Deslok

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    You can take Advil if you want. Probably best not to take it until at least a few hours after the shot, but no data.
    Doing fine. It's been almost 24 hours. No Advil or Tylenol needed. A little tired. A little groggy in the head, but with the way my pollen allergies have been, I hardly notice a difference.

Knock on wood...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

I'll be going in to get my first does of Pfizer on Thursday!

Update: nearly 72 hours after second Pfizer, I feel fine. Day of, perfectly fine. Day after - miserable with fever, headache, no appetite, aches, etc. Second day after - a bit of vaccine hangover aches, mostly well. Today, soreness at site of injection.

Interestingly, my wife was fine the day after, and achy and sore day two (no headache or fever).

I have moved the JnJ vaccine pause stuff to the general Coronavirus thread. That thread is more for news. This thread is aimed to largely be personal stories/anecdotes from folks who got the vaccine shot(s).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I have moved the JnJ vaccine pause stuff to the general Coronavirus thread. That thread is more for news. This thread is aimed to largely be personal stories/anecdotes from folks who got the vaccine shot(s).
    And in that vein, so to speak, my son received his dose of J&J just yesterday. He says he feels a bit under the weather, but not too bad. He reports no blood clots.

Drove back to Spittle County today to get Pfizerjab No. 2. Feeling a little achy, but mostly OK so far. Ditto for Mrs. rasputin.

I drove back to Mt. Airy for my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday. I couldn't get anyone local to take me for the 2nd shot once I went up there for the 1st. I've escaped the short-term side effects I've heard about (inability to move muscles without help, lower GI distress). T -13 days until I'll consider going to Duke games again, obviously on the road.

The two symptoms I described have happened in combination, but it might be limited to people 50+.

Moderna #2 giving me an 82-50 arse kicking today. Aching body, aching head, stomach twisting and turning. And no sleep last night bc I kept rolling over onto my arm which in turn kept waking me up like lighting had repeatedly struck my house.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Moderna #2 giving me an 82-50 arse kicking today. Aching body, aching head, stomach twisting and turning. And no sleep last night bc I kept rolling over onto my arm which in turn kept waking me up like lighting had repeatedly struck my house.
    You're making me half dread my second shot on Monday! It'll be worth it, though.

(I've blocked off Tuesday on my calendar just in case.)

Had no reaction to the first Moderna four weeks ago.

Got shot #2 about five hours ago. Arm getting pretty sore but gonna put off Tylenol as long as I can — maybe just take when I go to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Had no reaction to the first Moderna four weeks ago.

Got shot #2 about five hours ago. Arm getting pretty sore but gonna put off Tylenol as long as I can — maybe just take when I go to bed.
    I was ok the first 12’ish hours (other than waking up a bunch of times). Then it hit me this morning like Dolejaz trying to take a charge against Zion. Hoping tomorrow is much better.

My second shot of Pfizer on Monday went much better than anticipated. Didn't end up needing any Tylenol/Advil. Was only really tired on Tuesday and semi tired on Wednesday. Back to full alert today!

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Or perhaps more like...
    C9CB5CFB-A6B8-41D5-9CF6-0F6367664FA9.jpg