Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Mrs F and I just got our second dose of moderna!
    Yikes!
    Congrats!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    The Blood Oranges were a great Americana band that should have gotten more attention than they did:
    I was good friends with their original guitarist and used to go hear them play all the time, back in the day. Their recording of Shady Grove is my favorite. I will post the link in the LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Got Phizer jab #1 this morning.
    Congrats on getting the Pfizer vaccine!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I'm noting a trend where a number of businesses say they think a vaccine passport, in some form, is very likely, but the government is unlikely to spearhead this, they'll just leave it to industry...which I think is a jolly good idea, try to minimize the politics.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I'm noting a trend where a number of businesses say they think a vaccine passport, in some form, is very likely, but the government is unlikely to spearhead this, they'll just leave it to industry...which I think is a jolly good idea, try to minimize the politics.
    This can get tricky for employers. On Friday, 30 minutes after getting my second dose, my employer in conjunction with a large healthcare provider in this area, texted a message about a surprise allocation of doses(40k) coming in to this area over the next two weeks. They then encouraged employees to schedule appointments for they and their families. An hour ago, we got a followup that some might view as scolding, noting that vaccine choice wasn't your choice at this time. Apparently, all the Pfizer doses had been accounted for. I'm not sure whether the remainder were Moderna or J&J. I'm sure they weren't happy about having to send out this morning's text message.

The governor of Florida, ever one to politicize an issue, has issued an executive order banning companies from using vaccine passports. heavens knows what authority he has to do that or what it means.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    The governor of Florida, ever one to politicize an issue, has issued an executive order banning companies from using vaccine passports. heavens knows what authority he has to do that or what it means.
    Exactly. You can bar someone from coming into your business with no shoes or shirt because it is unhealthy/unsanitary/unseemly, but you can't bar someone potentially carrying a deadly disease?

The grand opening of a store I have been consulting with was Friday. The owner gathered everyone and told the employees to wear masks because it would make customers "more comfortable." He proceeded to say that he would not be asking customers to wear masks because "many of them might already have the vaccine."

Within two hours, about half the employees had masks on their chin or hanging off one ear.

If we are wondering in four to six weeks why we haven't defeated this thing, it's junk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    The grand opening of a store I have been consulting with was Friday. The owner gathered everyone and told the employees to wear masks because it would make customers "more comfortable." He proceeded to say that he would not be asking customers to wear masks because "many of them might already have the vaccine."

Within two hours, about half the employees had masks on their chin or hanging off one ear.

If we are wondering in four to six weeks why we haven't defeated this thing, it's junk like this.
    Not that this puts things at ease, but at this point, I largely assume those that still don’t know how to wear a mask have likely already had COVID and thus lower risk of transmitting it to me... at least, that’s what I like to tell myself. But I still avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Yeah, this is one reason why, at this point, the Prez wants American business to spearhead this thing...(BusinessWeek has a good article on it in this week's issue). Everyone who has looked at it realizes that it's like peeling an onion, there are SO many considerations.

But guys like the president of Delta Airlines clearly understand they'd like to boost confidence in their customers while scaring off as few as possible. Not an easy task.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Not that this puts things at ease, but at this point, I largely assume those that still don’t know how to wear a mask have likely already had COVID and thus lower risk of transmitting it to me... at least, that’s what I like to tell myself. But I still avoid them.
    I personally doubt that the law of probability is quite that fair in regards to punishing the morons.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Yeah, this is one reason why, at this point, the Prez wants American business to spearhead this thing...(BusinessWeek has a good article on it in this week's issue). Everyone who has looked at it realizes that it's like peeling an onion, there are SO many considerations.

But guys like the president of Delta Airlines clearly understand they'd like to boost confidence in their customers while scaring off as few as possible. Not an easy task.
    Delta does that by committing to the vaccine and mask wearing. It's just a fact that wealthier people are going to demand vaccinated flights and the industry will cater to them. There are lots of other businesses in similar situations. Employees are going to have a say as well. I know there a many who hold the opinion that private companies will lose employees if they require covid vaccinations, but I foresee private companies being sued if they don't require them and a covid outbreak happens among their employees. Granted these lawsuits will come from better paid office type employees first, but if you're going to make people sit in cubicles, you are going to have to provide work environments that could be considered safe. That's going to mean not just covid vaccines but yearly flu shots. Who in their right mind will tolerate listening to the employee in the next cubicle coughing all day in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Delta does that by committing to the vaccine and mask wearing. It's just a fact that wealthier people are going to demand vaccinated flights and the industry will cater to them. There are lots of other businesses in similar situations. Employees are going to have a say as well. I know there a many who hold the opinion that private companies will lose employees if they require covid vaccinations, but I foresee private companies being sued if they don't require them and a covid outbreak happens among their employees. Granted these lawsuits will come from better paid office type employees first, but if you're going to make people sit in cubicles, you are going to have to provide work environments that could be considered safe. That's going to mean not just covid vaccines but yearly flu shots. Who in their right mind will tolerate listening to the employee in the next cubicle coughing all day in the future?
    I think I found the flaw in your argument.

Mrs F and I just got our second dose of moderna!
    Yikes!
    We got the second dose of moderna at 10.30 am Saturday. Last night as we are going to bed Mrs. F reports chills and fever. Takes Tylenol and off to sleep she goes. She woke up this morning feeling weak and with a stomach ache. I also felt ok until bedtime. In bed I felt agitated and had a stomach ache too. I basically didn’t sleep until about 5.00 am. Woke up at 9.00am. I have been fairly lethargic during the day but finished off the evening by cutting the grass. We are now both feeling fine.
    I wonder if the stomach ache we both had was the vaccine or the Indian takeout?
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

I wonder if the stomach ache we both had was the vaccine or the Indian takeout?
    I’ve found that some good BBQ and a couple of Krispy Kreme’s will take care of any ailment.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I’ve found that some good BBQ and a couple of Krispy Kreme’s will take care of any ailment.
    A chocolate iced kreme filled doughnut cures anything!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I think I found the flaw in your argument.
    yeah, that's the thing. I agree with Bostondevil, BUT there is no doubt in my mind that a significant minority of people will squawk and scream and cite some amendment to the Constitution they've never read to decry the use of a vax passport.

Gotta find a way to neutralize that if you're a business*, but for sure the sane people should and will be prioritized...

* maybe give them a hat or extra peanuts or something...

This is why the Prez wants to leave this to businesses to work out, keep it from becoming even more political than it already is...

yeah, that's the thing. I agree with Bostondevil, BUT there is no doubt in my mind that a significant minority of people will squawk and scream and cite some amendment to the Constitution they've never read to decry the use of a vax passport.

Gotta find a way to neutralize that if you're a business*, but for sure the sane people should and will be prioritized...

This is why the Prez wants to leave this to businesses to work out, keep it from becoming even more political than it already is...
    Oh, the horror! Everybody is peanut allergic, donchaknow. Try to keep up!
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Oh, the horror! Everybody is peanut allergic, donchaknow. Try to keep up!
    Ha, see, that's what a one year layoff in air travel will do to me..though I do think one or two airlines still serve them (Delta)...just read that if you call them up 48 hours before your flight they'll do a peanut embargo for you!

my recommendation to the airlines: keep offering beer and wine for five bucks or whatever, and how 'bout some Epi Pens for $500 or so?

A free bowl of soup!