Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Awesome im literally in my 15 minute wait till i can leave on my 1st Pfizer shot .my daughter called says we have extra people didnt show.
    Get here .so i ran out my house .
    Congrats! Happy to hear more and more people on the board are getting vaccinated. Hopefully a sign that supply is starting to pick up for those in group 1b.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    Congrats! Happy to hear more and more people on the board are getting vaccinated. Hopefully a sign that supply is starting to pick up for those in group 1b.
    My arm is a little sore. But its no big deal .age is 50. I rubbed some voltaren into the muscle after i did my knee.

Got my 1st Pfizer jab on Friday. Slightly sore arm. Nothing else. Second dose on March 30.

Got it in Asheboro (Randolph County Community College). All drive-through. Slicker than snot. Quite impressive how they did it.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    I'm 67 years old and 1B in my state (Virginia) and have been registered on the first regional, and then state-wide system for arranging vaccination appointments. Suddenly yesterday, after getting weekly reminders saying it could be weeks before my turn, I (and many friends) got an e-mail inviting me to a local site either Friday or Saturday, with open slots every ten minutes all day both days. It's Johnson and Johnson, baby! One shot only. A mere week after it got its emergency approval. I consider that pretty fast. So things are ramping up and happening, everyone, most encouraging, needless to say.
    Got mine in VA this weekend too. Pfizer in SW VA. Super smooth process and the Army gents were most polite and helpful.

Wife got J&J yesterday morning. Only a sore arm 24 hours later. It’s all good.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherTom View Post
    Wife got J&J yesterday morning. Only a sore arm 24 hours later. It’s all good.
    Very good to hear. And my wife (who's 65) had pretty much the same experience. Just a little bit of soreness, though she did wake up with chills during the night on the day she got her shot. But other than that, a pretty mild reaction.

Mrs. CNC got her second dose of Moderna early yesterday afternoon at a local high school. In and out very quickly. She has a lot of pain in her arm but is otherwise OK. She tends to have a very high pain threshold.

I got my first shot of Pfizer yesterday afternoon at the Javits Center in NYC. Appointment scheduled for 4:30. Got there at 4:10 and there was a huge line outside. Waited 20 minutes just to get in the building, and didn't ultimately get my shot until 6:30 (so I missed the first half of the game, which turned out to be OK). It was like being in the world's longest TSA line, except the military workers there were making things move as smoothly as possible, and no one was complaining, unlike a TSA line. It was a very long time to be on my feet, but the line was always moving, just at a slow pace. The sign said they were doing 9,000 vaccinations there yesterday, but it felt like a lot more people than that.

I tend to have a very low pain threshold but I am fine - I just got home from a morning of activities and my wife asked how I was feeling and I forgot that I was supposed to be feeling pain. Took one Tylenol when I got home (to manage the vaccine pain and the Duke-UNC pain) and another late this morning. I am in my 40s - my wife and I both got to go due to pre-existing health conditions. I believe senior citizens have generally had preference for the smaller vaccination centers, so most of the people in line with me were under 65, and I think they had a mechanism for those who truly needed it to cut the line - I saw an older man in a wheelchair get waved through.

Sign of progress: the posts on this thread are now about "getting the vaccine," whereas a few weeks ago they were mostly about "NOT getting the vaccine." I like this trend.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Sign of progress: the posts on this thread are now about "getting the vaccine," whereas a few weeks ago they were mostly about "NOT getting the vaccine." I like this trend.
    Years ago my physician told me i have long lungs.(might have been pulling my leg i dunno he has the MD ) Maybe to scare me to quit smoking .
    I had been fighting bronchitis and then pneumonia.

I stopped my habit .

I Weighed my options .i theoretically thought if this is true covid will kill me .vs a risk few side effects .
    I decided i have to get vaccinated at any cost.
    Death will change your mind .blood clots on lungs medicine for months to cure the clots.
    In no way shape or form i want any part of covid.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Mrs. CNC got her second dose of Moderna early yesterday afternoon at a local high school. In and out very quickly. She has a lot of pain in her arm but is otherwise OK. She tends to have a very high pain threshold...
    It's a well known old wives tale but it's also fact, women are much tougher than men when it comes to pain.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    It's a well known old wives tale but it's also fact, women are much tougher than men when it comes to pain.
    we're kind of like male lions...real handsome, have great hair, but are pretty much sissies

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    we're kind of like male lions...real handsome, have great hair, but are pretty much sissies
    Nope. Got my post-vaccine haircut today and my male-pattern sun roof is continuing to grow, so negative on the great hair. But I will stick with real handsome.

Getting #2 this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Nope. Got my post-vaccine haircut today and my male-pattern sun roof is continuing to grow, so negative on the great hair. But I will stick with real handsome.
    Haven't seen the barber in many months, I've got the Boris Johnson look better than perhaps Bo himself, people just keep giving me fish and chips on the street.

Got my second dose of Pfizer Saturday morning. Both times the process was fantastic. Showed up at my scheduled time. Line was short and moving. Everyone was helpful and positive.

Side effects were pretty typical. Sore arm at injection site, had some slight body aches and nausea Sunday morning. Was pretty tired too but that might have been unrelated.

Got my appt for first shot for the 20th. Very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Not a trend in urban and suburban Missouri. There was an article in the paper over the weekend about unused vaccine doses going to waste at a massive vaccination event in Spittle County.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Not a trend in urban and suburban Missouri. There was an article in the paper over the weekend about unused vaccine doses going to waste at a massive vaccination event in Spittle County.
    And this is very deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Thats crazy our pharmacist will find someone to vaccinate.
    They do not intend on wasting any of it.
    Thats how i acquired my 1st shot

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Really? You think someone is deliberately trashing vaccines? I'll admit to knowing nothing of the situation in Missouri but that seems like a pretty improbable scenario.

I believe there is a quote out there by someone saying not to attribute to malice that which can be readily explained by incompetence.